• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Harder to Talk in Front of Family!

It is harder to do a show when you know the people that are attending. You are more likely to be nervous and not be as confident.
Miguel
Has anyone experienced this? I held my 10th show this past weekend at my sister-in-law's and found it harder to talk in front of family than talking to friends/strangers! I was so flustered and angry at myself after the show!:mad:

If it makes you feel better at my cousins party instead of saying pampered chef I said tupperware! Luckily it was family and close friends. I had never done this at another show!

It is absolutely harder to do shows for people you know.

Oh TOTALLY!! I am SO MUCH better in front of strangers. I feel like SUCH a dork in front of family & friends!

Okay, my older sister, who BTW has been my biggest supporter in PC, has helped me out with several shows. Although I dearly love my sis, and she has been a big help setting up, tearing down, collecting orders, etc. she absolutely throws me off at my shows. It is hard to explain but she stands in front with me and will interject things, remind me of things (that I haven't forgotten...just hadn't gotten to yet). It totally flusters me. I've never said anything to her because she is extremely sensitive. Fortunately she lives 350 miles away, I have no more shows booked there until spring so it just isn't worth bruising her pride to say anything. I know that when she retires from her job, I will be recruiting her (yes I have mentioned it to her now but her job schedule is not conducive to PC...a whole different story).

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that I totally understand what you are saying. My first show was my absolute favorite. Although I had sweaty palms and about drove myself (and DH) crazy leading up to the day of the show, I felt total comfort being in front of my friends...in my own home.

My mother has been to 2 of my shows. First one at my SIL...she went to sleep on the couch (in another room) and second at my sister's show (slept again) How's that for an ego booster?
Valky

Strangers aren't as honest as family and friends. They won't be as blunt as those that you know. I'm always scared to death when there are family members, friends or sorority sisters at my shows!!

1. Why is it harder to talk in front of family?

It can be harder to talk in front of family because we may have more emotional ties and expectations attached to our interactions with them. We may also feel more pressure to impress or live up to certain family roles or norms.

2. How can I overcome the nerves of talking in front of family?

One way to overcome nerves is to practice what you want to say beforehand. It can also be helpful to remind yourself that your family loves and supports you, and that any mistakes or imperfections are okay.

3. What if I disagree with my family's opinions while talking?

It's okay to have different opinions from your family. Remember to listen respectfully and try to find common ground or compromise when possible. It's also important to set boundaries and respectfully decline to engage in heated or hurtful conversations.

4. Can I use humor to make talking in front of family easier?

Humor can be a great way to break the tension and make talking in front of family more lighthearted. Just make sure to use it in a respectful and appropriate manner.

5. What if I feel judged by my family while talking?

It's normal to feel judged by family, but try to remember that their opinions do not define your worth. Focus on staying true to yourself and communicating your thoughts and feelings respectfully.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • iteachurkid