• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Stars and Stripes Dessert Recipe with Puff Pastry and Berries?

In summary, the conversation was about a customer looking for a recipe called "Stars and Stripes dessert" that had a puff pastry crust, cream cheese filling, and berries on top. A member named Jennifer shared a similar recipe called "Berries 'N Stars" and the original poster was grateful and mentioned how the customer had a previous bad experience with another consultant who didn't provide the recipe.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a customer looking for a recipe she has had (her dog ate it!) I know what she is talking about but can't find it.....it may be in an old SB cookbook.

I think it was called Stars and Stripes dessert - and the crust was Puff Pastry with a cream cheese filling (I think) and berries over the top....does anyone have that recipe?
Thanks!

Is this it?Berries ‘N Stars

1 package (17.25 oz) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 teaspoon sugar
2 lemons
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk!)
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed & divided
2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 pint blueberries

Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll one sheet of puff pastry into 10 x 13-inch rectangle. Repeat with second sheet of pastry, rolling onto lightly floured surface. Using pizza cutter, cut four strips, 13 inches long and 1 inch wide, from second sheet of pastry. Reserve remaining dough for star decorations. Brush edges of pastry on baking stone with water. Lay strips of pastry over edges making an outer rim. Trim off any excess dough. Prick entire bottom of pastry with pastry tool. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. (Center may puff up slightly, but will flatten out as it cools.) Cool completely. Cut stars from remaining dough using a star cutter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake on baking stone 12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, zest lemons to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemons to measure 1/4 cup juice. In a bowl, whisk together condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Fill cooled pastry shell with filling. Slice strawberries. Arrange strawberries, blueberries and pastry stars over filling. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Cut into 16 squares and serve.

Thanks Jennifer! I'm sure that must be it! She will be so happy! She had a consultant a year ago who did a show for her, and had asked her for the recipe, and the consultant told her to go online and find it herself! I told her I could find it for her no problem......I knew someone would have it!:)

Your welcome. I hope you have gotten a customer for life b/c it sure sounds like the other consultant did not take care of her!

Hi there! I am so sorry to hear that your customer's dog ate her recipe. That can be so frustrating! I did some digging and it looks like the recipe you are looking for is called "Patriotic Berry Tart" and it is indeed in an old SB cookbook. I have made it before and it is absolutely delicious. I'm happy to share the recipe with you if you need it. Just let me know and I'll send it your way. Happy cooking!

1. What is the "Iso Stars & Stripes Dessert" made of?

The "Iso Stars & Stripes Dessert" is made of layers of pound cake, whipped cream, and fresh berries.

2. Is the "Iso Stars & Stripes Dessert" a no-bake recipe?

Yes, this dessert is a no-bake recipe, perfect for summer gatherings or when you don't want to turn on your oven.

3. Can I use frozen berries for this dessert?

Yes, you can use frozen berries for this dessert, but make sure to thaw them before adding them to the recipe.

4. How many servings does the "Iso Stars & Stripes Dessert" make?

This dessert can serve 8-10 people, depending on the size of the slices.

5. Can I make this dessert ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dessert ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before serving. Just be sure to add the fresh berries right before serving to keep them fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies