• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Island Breeze Rum Cake: Delicious Substitutions Received Rave Reviews!

I used 3 bananas and sliced them very thin.I also think that the rum glaze didn't add much to it (maybe I over cooked it?), and I don't know that I would do it at a show unless I precooked the cakes and premixed the filling--it did take me quite awhile to make it. It tastes good though!
MamaChef
Did this at a show today...the host purchased banana rum, and strawberries and bananas instead of kiwi and mango. The substitutions got RAVE reviews!!!! I had a little bite and I must say, it was REALLY good!!! Just thought I'd pass that along!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!!!:D

umm, now that sounds ymmy! I made the original version and it was a hit too!

that does sound yummy!

Did any of you have trouble when you cut the cake having it fall apart?

Chef Ritz said:
Did any of you have trouble when you cut the cake having it fall apart?
yep....there is a video somewhere (maybe on the CD they sent us) where they show cutting the cake using the hold & slice. I guess that would work, but I still have issues when it comes to eating it. It is hard to cut with a fork and you wind-up with a large piece of mango on your fork. I think it was chefann who recommended dicing the mango for the top of the cake. I haven't made it again, but I would probably do that the next time.

The idea of dicing the mango is fantastic. I am definitely going to try that next time I make this. I have had rave reviews when making this, but it slides all over when you try and cut it. The banana rum, and strawberries and bananas sound great. I will try that to.

Using the forged serrated knife helps, because it's sharp enough to cut through without too much sawing.

I've done this in the trifle bowl. I use 4-5 kiwi and sliced peaches and coconut rum...it looks nice in the bowl and I don't have to worry about trying to cut it.
I cut up the cake, put it in the bowl, and put the glaze on.

I usually make it in the trifle bowl too. It always gets great reviews, they go back for 2nds & 3rds!

Great idea for the trifle bowl.

I made a practice one for Father's Day & had a terrible time with the mango (my first one, couldn't find the pit:eek: ) so it was diced. I like the idea of the trifle bowl because the flavor was good (I had spiced rum), but the cake wasn't so pretty:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

ChefKrisB said:
I've done this in the trifle bowl. I use 4-5 kiwi and sliced peaches and coconut rum...it looks nice in the bowl and I don't have to worry about trying to cut it.
I cut up the cake, put it in the bowl, and put the glaze on.
I was totally thinkin about trying it in the trifle and was going to next time we had a party or family gathering! I think it would be awesome and it wouldn't matter how messy it looked afer scooping as a trifle!

What a fabulous idea.... the trifle bowl! Thanks for the tip! I had a heck of the time with the mango also! At our last team meeting I did this recipe for a demo, and luckily I had did it once already, so for the team meeting I did sliced peaches, (2 cans!) and it turned out good. I did like the mango better but the peaches were acceptable too! Then shortly after that meeting, I was in the store and found canned sliced mangos! I jumped all over that and bought 2 cans, but I still haven't made it! I think I need to try it 3 ways now, 1 with sliced canned mangos, 1 with bananas and strawberries and flavored rum, and 1 in the trifle bowl!:D

The bananas and strawberries variation, as well as doing this cake as a trifle, just shows how versatile PC recipes are. Probably most any fruit would be good - just think about all the flavors of Margaritas and Daiquiris there are!

How many bananas did you use and how did you slice them? I'm going to do this for my show on Saturday.

I made the cake as per recipe for my spring open house and it came out beautifully--like something you would buy in a bakery. However, I didn't think the rum glaze added much to it (maybe I over cooked it?), and I don't know that I would do it at a show unless I precooked the cakes and premixed the filling--it did take me quite awhile to make it. It tastes good though! Just bought mangos $1 each on sale and kiwis 2 for $1 which makes me want to make this cake again!

1. What is the flavor profile of the Island Breeze Rum Cake?

The Island Breeze Rum Cake has a tropical and fruity flavor, with hints of coconut and pineapple. The rum adds a rich and decadent taste to the cake.

2. Is the Island Breeze Rum Cake suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Unfortunately, the Island Breeze Rum Cake contains gluten and dairy ingredients and is not suitable for those with Celiac disease or lactose intolerance. However, we do offer a variety of gluten-free and dairy-free options in our product line.

3. How long does the Island Breeze Rum Cake stay fresh?

The Island Breeze Rum Cake has a shelf life of about 7-10 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. For longer storage, you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months.

4. Can I customize the flavors in the Island Breeze Rum Cake?

At this time, we do not offer customization for our Island Breeze Rum Cake. However, we are always looking for new and exciting flavor options to add to our product line.

5. Is the Island Breeze Rum Cake suitable for gifting?

Absolutely! The Island Breeze Rum Cake makes a perfect gift for any occasion. We offer beautiful packaging options and can even include a personalized note with your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cookingisfunagain
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MamaChef