• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Disturbing or Is It Just Me?

In summary, the new football field at a high school in New Braunfels, Texas is seriously distracting, if not disturbing. The field has a different color than the other fields and the team's jerseys are also red.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
This is the new football field at a high school in New Braunfels, Texas. I find it to be seriously distracting, if not disturbing, but what do I know?

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_prep_rally__2/ept_sports_prep_rally-555937253-1294790061.jpg?ymtGoYEDxCYsAiNJ

It is not just you. Why do they have to have a different color field. That is like Boise State has a blue field..I thought that that was bad enough..but this is even worse. I don't know that I would even like to watch a game on that field let alone play on it.

and the team's jerseys are red too.. talk about blending in..

That's a little odd.

one of the NB team's mascot is a unicorn.

The Alamodome in San Antonio is talking about an orange field for the colors of U of T San Antonio team. Eastern Washington also has a red field but the Cougars' red field is the first in high school.

colegrovet said:
and the team's jerseys are red too.. talk about blending in..

maybe that's the idea....the other team won't be able to see them....:p

That would give me a migraine.

Stadium? What stadium? All I can think about is the Grist Mill (restaurant) in New Braunfels. Maybe when I'm done in Japan in 2013 ...

oh yes Sheila I'll meet you there and maybe we can go to Oma's House too :)

chefheidi2003 said:
It is not just you. Why do they have to have a different color field. That is like Boise State has a blue field..I thought that that was bad enough..but this is even worse. I don't know that I would even like to watch a game on that field let alone play on it.

Hey now, Boise is not the only one West Hills High School Football - (Santee, CA) - powered by LeagueLineup.com.

Yes I am a little defensive....being in Boise and all. ;)

But the red does seem a little bright. Hope it works for them....sorta. hehe

Wow, talk about a photography nightmare for anyone covering the games there!

It makes my head hurt just looking at it...maybe if they wear sunglasses it will be OK.:>)

How much do you think it cost? It is not cheap and this is a HIGH SCHOOL! Oh I forgot this is in Texas where Football is rules!;)

Yup, that's just down the road from us. The Texas education system is one of the worst in the country, but our atheletics departments are well outfitted! Our high school just won state and they got $500 for the football program just for playing in the game. Talk about priorites!!

According to reports, it was not paid for out of school taxes. The unofficial state religion in Texas is high school football, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was paid for from booster funds.My gosh, can you imagine how many cans of Katheryn Beich Katydids you'd have to sell to buy that much carpeting?

Makes me dizzy to just to look at the picture.

If it were covered in snow it wouldn't be so bad.

If they alternated green with red every five yards, and it were covered with snow, it would attract Santa.Maybe they could sell it to the University of Wisconsin, Ohio State, Indiana, Nebraska or some other school with red in their colors.

It just looks wrong.

Sheila said:
Stadium? What stadium? All I can think about is the Grist Mill (restaurant) in New Braunfels. Maybe when I'm done in Japan in 2013 ...

Um that place was so good. I went to visit my friend that lives in Cibilo. Her husband is in the air force. We ate there in June. That was some great food. Can't wait to get back there.

It is disturbing! Especially since I had to read the numbers 3 times before I realize they were right (to me it read 40, 20, 30, 40, 60 the first 2 times I looked at it)!

Wow! I can't believe so many people love that place. I've eaten there with our college friends, my husband, my family, and girlfriends and I found the food mediocre and the prices high. Most people rave about it though. I've tried different stuff, but didn't find anything that was rave worthy. I'm glad you like it and so does the tourist counsel of New Braunfels.

Doesn't it seem appropriate that one of my threads would survive an attempt at hijacking, but carry on with two separate conversations?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Doesn't it seem appropriate that one of my threads would survive an attempt at hijacking, but carry on with two separate conversations?

That's women for ya! ...we can hold several conversations at the same time!

Actually, we haven't had a good
threadjacked.gif
around here in a long time.

Related to Is This Disturbing or Is It Just Me?

1. What is "Is This Disturbing or Is It Just Me?"

"Is This Disturbing or Is It Just Me?" is a blog written by Pampered Chef consultants that addresses common concerns and questions about our products and the direct sales industry. It aims to provide helpful information and tips for both current and potential consultants.

2. Is this blog only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, while the blog is primarily geared towards Pampered Chef consultants, anyone can benefit from the information provided. Whether you are a customer, potential consultant, or simply curious about the direct sales industry, "Is This Disturbing or Is It Just Me?" has valuable insights and advice.

3. How often is the blog updated?

The blog is typically updated once a week, with new posts being published on Wednesdays. However, we may occasionally have additional posts or updates throughout the week.

4. Can I submit a topic or question for the blog to address?

Absolutely! We love hearing from our readers and welcome suggestions for future blog topics. You can submit your ideas through our contact form or by reaching out to us on social media.

5. Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to comment on the blog?

No, you do not need to be a consultant to comment on the blog. We encourage all readers to share their thoughts and opinions in the comment section of each post. However, please keep all comments respectful and on-topic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat