• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Haven't Witnessed This Much Wind Since...

In summary, an intense low pressure will track from southeast Wisconsin to Lake Superior by this afternoon. Strong west winds of 20 to 35 mph will persist across Southern Wisconsin and early tonight.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
...the last general session at National Conference.
US Weather Service said:
A WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT.AN INTENSE LOW PRESSURE WILL TRACK FROM SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN TO LAKE SUPERIOR BY THIS AFTERNOON. STRONG WEST WINDS OF 20 TO 35 MPH...GUSTING FREQUENTLY AROUND 45 MPH...WILL PERSIST ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN TODAY AND EARLY TONIGHT.A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN WINDS OF 35 MPH OR GREATER ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT... ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE CAUTION WHILE OUTDOORS.
Should make for an interesting football game in Chicago today.
1198427233.jpg

Chicago Lakefront 10:00 AM Dec 23Of course, I don't think I'd want to be crossing the Mackinac Bridge today, either.http://cam.mackinacbridge.org/fullsize.jpg

It's pretty windy on the other side of Michigan today, too. Of course, my first reaction when I saw just the title of this thread was to post, "When DH had broccoli and bean soup and a glass of milk." :D

I woke up about 3:30 a.m. to very scary wind. It was loud -- kind of like a train. I made my husband leave our 2nd story bedroom and go to the first floor. We turned on the TV but there were only severe storm warnings, no tornado watches or warnings.

We had wind here this a.m. but it has died down. Just lots of snow now!

I hope it is better south...and the game gets better too!

Very Windy on the West Coast of Michigan! Severe Winter Storm warnings, and wind advisories out right now......

and KG - I have made my DH leave the highway and stay in Mackinaw City when the wind has been less than this - so there is NO WAY I would be on that bridge today!

Quite windy here, a mile west of Lake MI. I don't really need to work very hard at walking. Just lifting my feet and being carried.

Whiteout winds and snow here today!

greg_fart_with_bad_gas_problem_lg_c.gif
Ok, I am sick...tell me something I don't already know! The winds have picked up here too...just wish the snow would stop melting and start falling! This is my only time of year to get out and really enjoy it.

Very windy here too, all day long! All of our snow melted with strong rain this morning. We've had a few snow showers, but not enough to give us a white Christmas:(!

There's snow on the ground, but it's so windy that you can still see the grass in some spots. There's snow on the windows and doors, too. It looks like someone sprayed it on. Hard to tell how much snow has really fallen.

we had a very weird night of weather in NJ too---windy 55 and then thunder and lightening---In Dec-----thats weird in NJ----
In Florida the T/L storms were always crazy-----load---

janetupnorth said:
We had wind here this a.m. but it has died down. Just lots of snow now!

I hope it is better south...and the game gets better too!

The game did not get better....ugh:grumpy:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
...the last general session at National Conference.

Should make for an interesting football game in Chicago today.

1198427233.jpg

Chicago Lakefront 10:00 AM Dec 23

Of course, I don't think I'd want to be crossing the Mackinac Bridge today, either.

http://cam.mackinacbridge.org/fullsize.jpg

UGH!! I can't even imagine........yuck!:yuck:

raebates said:
How ironic to be on Chef Success for the first time in a couple of weeks and see this thread. Those mighty winds caused a wonderful old tree to fall on my house. Here's the story and the pictures:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/strange-wake-up-call-30747/

Rae,

I was going to ask you if this was at that time. The wind scared the heck out of me. Glad everyone is okay and that your house (and cars) came out in such good shape!

suppose to be 18 tonight for the low in Brookhaven MS

What are some ways to protect my outdoor furniture during strong winds?

One way to protect your outdoor furniture during strong winds is to anchor it down with weights or tie it to a secure structure. You can also invest in heavy-duty covers specifically designed to protect furniture from wind and other weather elements. Another option is to bring your furniture indoors or store it in a garage or shed until the strong winds pass.

How can I prevent damage to my home during a windstorm?

To prevent damage to your home during a windstorm, make sure to secure any loose objects in your yard, such as lawn furniture or gardening tools. Trim any dead or weak branches from trees near your home and secure any loose shingles or panels on your roof. It may also be helpful to invest in storm shutters or reinforced windows to protect against strong winds.

What should I do if I am caught outside during a windstorm?

If you are caught outside during a windstorm, seek shelter immediately. Avoid standing under or near trees, power lines, or any other structures that could potentially fall or collapse. If you are driving, pull over to a safe location and stay in your vehicle until the storm passes.

Is it safe to use a generator during a windstorm?

It is not recommended to use a generator during a windstorm. Strong winds can cause the generator to become unstable and potentially tip over, posing a danger to yourself and others. It's best to wait until the windstorm has passed before using a generator.

What are some signs of wind damage to look out for?

Some signs of wind damage to look out for include missing or damaged shingles on your roof, broken or cracked windows, and dents or scratches on your outdoor furniture or vehicles. It's also important to check for any fallen trees or power lines in your area, and to report them to the proper authorities.

Back