• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Pastry Mat Shipped Flat or Rolled Up?

Mine was, too. I use a paper towel tube with mine. It's the best way to store it and to take it to shows. :)Mine was, too.
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
I have a customer interested in buying the pastry mat, but would like to know if it is shipped flat or rolled up. She has one that came rolled up (from somewhere else) and the edges keep rolling up on her.

TIA!

flat ~ at least to the best that my memory serves me! Yeah, I'm 99% sure it's shipped flat!:)

I'm almost sure it comes rolled up, BUT don't worry it lies flat no matter what you do to it!:D

Mine was shipped flat. :) HTH

OK...2 out of 3, so I guessed wrong;) , but it stays flat!:D

Mine came flat - and it won't roll up - its too "heavy" so to speak - isn't it silicone or something? Anyway - mine stays flat even when I brought it to shows (DEC) and it was rolled in the kit -

It is silicone. I store mine rolled up but it always remains flat when I use it. HTH!

Thanks so much, everyone!

My sister bought one for the pure fact that it won't stay rolled! I store mine in the rolled position at home and in my crate. It rolls out perfect every time. She hated that cheap flimsy one she bought and never used it because she had to weigh down the corners every time. I showed her ours that day and she placed an order!

wadesgirl said:
My sister bought one for the pure fact that it won't stay rolled! I store mine in the rolled position at home and in my crate. It rolls out perfect every time. She hated that cheap flimsy one she bought and never used it because she had to weigh down the corners every time. I showed her ours that day and she placed an order!

That's awesome, and exactly what my customer is looking for. She's having the same problems, so I can't wait to let her know.

Thanks!

I keep mine rolled up for storage, and it goes 100% flat as soon as I roll it out! It is THE BEST!!

BTW- don't use a colored rubber band to hold it rolled up....mine has a blue stain on it from where the color seeped into the silicone. Didn't damage it...it just looks nasty. Now I only use the uncolored ones....

:)

AZPampered Chef said:
That's awesome, and exactly what my customer is looking for. She's having the same problems, so I can't wait to let her know.

Thanks!
Your welcome. I talk about that at my shows when someone asks about the pastry mat. My sister had been making bread and had flour all over the counter. I suggested to use a pastry mat like I do at home for easy clean up. Well, she pulled out the one she had from another DS company and complained about how it curled up on her and she never used it because of that. She was so amazed with ours.

Bright idea for pastry matI store my pastry mat rolled up and inside of an empty paper towel tube. It took a couple of times to roll it right so it fit, but now, I just know to do it and get it right on the first try. Makes it really convenient for storage and toting to shows. When I unroll it; it stays flat...edges don't curl.

PChefRenee said:
I store my pastry mat rolled up and inside of an empty paper towel tube. It took a couple of times to roll it right so it fit, but now, I just know to do it and get it right on the first try. Makes it really convenient for storage and toting to shows. When I unroll it; it stays flat...edges don't curl.
GREAT IDEA!! Thanks for sharing!

http://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_thankyou.gif

What a fabulous idea. I would have never thought of using a paper towel tube. Thanks for sharing!

mine was flat!

Related to Is the Pastry Mat Shipped Flat or Rolled Up?

1. What is a pastry mat and why do I need one?

A pastry mat is a non-stick, silicone mat that is used for rolling out dough and pastry. It is designed to provide a smooth surface and precise measurements for baking. It also helps to prevent sticking and makes clean-up easier.

2. How do I use a pastry mat?

To use a pastry mat, simply lay it on a flat surface and secure it with the non-slip backing. Then, lightly dust the mat with flour and roll out your dough or pastry on top of it. The measurements and markings on the mat will help you roll out the dough to the desired size and thickness.

3. Can I use a pastry mat in the oven?

No, pastry mats are not designed to be used in the oven. They are meant to be used as a work surface for rolling out dough and pastry, not for baking. Using a pastry mat in the oven can damage the mat and affect its non-stick properties.

4. How do I clean a pastry mat?

Pastry mats are very easy to clean. Simply wipe it down with a damp cloth or sponge and mild soap. For tougher stains, let the mat soak in warm soapy water for a few minutes before wiping it clean. Make sure to dry the mat thoroughly before storing it.

5. Is a pastry mat dishwasher safe?

Yes, most pastry mats are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. It is recommended to place the mat in the top rack of the dishwasher to avoid any damage from the heating element. Alternatively, you can also hand wash the mat with soap and water for easy cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • laylaleigh
  • Products and Tips
Replies