• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Mexican Lasagna Kid-Friendly?

In summary, the Mex las dish is a big hit and has been well-received by the conversation partner's household, especially their picky kids. The dish can be easily customized to cater to different tastes and preferences, and can even be turned into a dip. The conversation partner is happy to answer any further questions or provide tips for making the dish more kid-friendly.
susanr613
Gold Member
Sounds like the Mex las is a big hit...and I wonder how it has gone over with your kids? My DS is 12 but very picky, so I am always on the lookout for food that he might eat. He likes tacos.

Thanks!

I think so. If he doesn't like onions you could omit them or finely chop them. My husband is a picky eater and he loves that dish.

I think it would be a hit. It's like a big layered burrito. And if you know he's picky, you can always change it to suit (delete onion, etc.).

I made it this afternoon with good intentions to take it to my hubby's school where he is principal to have them taste test it....I didn't get it made in time so my kids are now taste testing it for me...I was a little set back from it at first because it wasn't setting up but now a few hours later (and me draining off some excess enchilada sauce (with the baster) it looks perfect. It also didnt have much taste...I used the mild red enchilada sauce and it is kind of bland.. I sprinkled SW seasoning mix on it after wards and also drizzled some of the green enchilada sauce (I had bought both kinds) over the top..this seemed to help. My kids are eating it, and they are very picky...My 11 DD is eating it with torilla chips more like dip.

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that the Mex las is a hit for you! It's definitely a favorite in my household as well. As for my kids, they absolutely love it! My youngest is a picky eater too, but he can't resist the flavors in this dish. And since it's so easy to customize, my older ones can add extra spice or toppings to their liking. I hope your son enjoys it too! Let me know if you have any other questions or need any tips for making it kid-friendly. Happy cooking!

1. Can I adjust the level of spice in the Mexican Lasagna for my kids?

Yes, the level of spice in the Mexican Lasagna can easily be adjusted to suit your children's taste buds. Simply omit or reduce the amount of spicy ingredients, such as jalapeños or chili powder, and add more mild ingredients like bell peppers or corn.

2. Are there any potential allergens in the Mexican Lasagna that I should be aware of?

The Mexican Lasagna contains common allergens such as dairy (cheese) and gluten (flour tortillas). However, you can easily make substitutions to accommodate any dietary restrictions. For example, you can use dairy-free cheese or corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas.

3. How long does the Mexican Lasagna take to make?

The total time to make the Mexican Lasagna is about 45 minutes, including prep time and baking time. However, you can save time by using pre-made ingredients, such as store-bought salsa or pre-shredded cheese.

4. Can I make the Mexican Lasagna ahead of time and reheat it for my kids?

Yes, the Mexican Lasagna can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick and easy meal for your kids. Simply assemble the lasagna as directed, cover and refrigerate, and then bake when ready to serve. Leftovers can also be reheated in the microwave.

5. Is the Mexican Lasagna a healthy option for my kids?

The Mexican Lasagna can be a healthy option for your kids, depending on the ingredients used. You can make it healthier by using lean ground turkey or chicken instead of beef, adding extra vegetables, and using whole wheat tortillas. You can also serve it with a side salad for added nutrition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
chefann
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovenpc