• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Dymo Labelwriter Worth It for a PC Business?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use and love for label makers, specifically the Dymo Labelwriter and Brother P-touch models. Participants discussed using them for business and personal purposes, the various features and sizes available, and even labeling children and household items. Some expressed a preference for handheld models while others raved about the desktop versions. Overall, the conversation was filled with enthusiasm for label makers and their usefulness in organizing and labeling various items.
hoosierchef
Dymo Labelwriter they use for their PC business?? I have one here that I use at my full-time job, but I SOOOOO want one for home. :rolleyes:

Just wondering if anyone has one and uses it and thinks it's worth the cost.

I have a handheld Dymo Letretag (or something similar) and it was only $20. I use it all the time for business/household stuff and it fits in my kitchen drawer. I would DIE without my labelmaker!!

I have a handheld labelmaker, one of those cheapies too, but the Desktop labelmakers are awesome! It's all I can do to keep myself from printing what I need here at work, but I know they would question why my label usage has gone up! :p

Oh boy....this thread had to start! Wait till Jilley sees this! haha...The question should probably be more of "how many label makers do you have?" :)

I have a brother P-touch labelmaker! I love it. It uses two sizes of labels! I even have pink labels!!! It has different fonts and sizes and can underline, shadow, bold, italic, and is so easy to use. (I do not know of the features of the cheaper price ones. I think it was under $40, but so worth it! I use it for everything...home, kitchen, bathroom, kids toys, office files and binders. My husband thinks I am a dork because I label everything....I even label the cords...the digital camara cord, the camcorder cord, the digital picture frame cord...everything is labeled so we don't have to try each of them to see what goes with what. The kids coats and gloves also get labels!!! I guess I use it more for home than my business, but I do label my binders and files so I can easily see what I need to grab.

jenniferknapp said:
Oh boy....this thread had to start! Wait till Jilley sees this! haha...The question should probably be more of "how many label makers do you have?" :)

That is exactly what I was thinking when I started reading the thread! I'm wondering if Carolyn has one yet too! :D

gilliandanielle said:
I have a handheld Dymo Letretag (or something similar) and it was only $20. I use it all the time for business/household stuff and it fits in my kitchen drawer. I would DIE without my labelmaker!!

Oh me too!! I have the same Gillian! I frigging love it...................

I can't remember my life before a lable maker! LOL! I even labeled my kids the first day I had it! (FYI~they asked me to!!)

sillylittlechef said:
I have a brother P-touch labelmaker! I love it. It uses two sizes of labels! I even have pink labels!!! It has different fonts and sizes and can underline, shadow, bold, italic, and is so easy to use. (I do not know of the features of the cheaper price ones. I think it was under $40, but so worth it! I use it for everything...home, kitchen, bathroom, kids toys, office files and binders. My husband thinks I am a dork because I label everything....I even label the cords...the digital camara cord, the camcorder cord, the digital picture frame cord...everything is labeled so we don't have to try each of them to see what goes with what. The kids coats and gloves also get labels!!! I guess I use it more for home than my business, but I do label my binders and files so I can easily see what I need to grab.

I love mine, too. I've been able to lend it for use at church, at various offices I've temped in, etc. It's great!

Ok then Ladies & Gents.....don't EVER get a Dymo LableWriter! LOL You think you love your handhelds! The desktops are to dye for! :p

Yeah, but can I carry it to church in my purse? I mean, really, there's a limit to how much I can lug around.

I have a brother p-touch that I use all the time - The handheld one

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ok....**(just got up from fainting)**..... EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE A LABEL MAKER!!!!!! BETTER THAN what are they called a fibulator...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! no not the other thing..the thing fo ryour heart. LOL
A label maker will maker any office. YEs Jilleysue LOVES THIS THREAD!!!!!

How do desktop models differ from handhelds? They all just make labels right?? Mine does borders and you can buy any color tape... what else is there out there?

I want yours :)
sillylittlechef said:

YOurs sounds great, not sure what I'd use it for, but sure bet I'd find something for it :) tax write off too.

Liz

I have a hand-held Dymo Letra Tag for my files and a Dymo LabelWriter Twin Turbo for my address labels and stamps. I LOVE IT!!!!!! It sits on my desktop and is linked to my laptop so when I need to mail host packets/catalogs/receipts, etc., I just print out a label (VERY PROFESSIONAL), which I put the PC Logo on, and VOILA! A neat looking label for my envelope. Then, if I need special postage, I use the other side to print a stamp using Dymo's program that links to Endicia. It works so great and saves me time from having to go to the post office to purchase special postage, or from putting extra stamps on it.

It really does look extremely professional and it makes the job much more efficient.

Can you tell I love my LabelWriter? :D

LOL...twin turbo, are we talking about label makers or jet engines here? :)

Ok, so here's what I have on my desk at work. http://global.dymo.com/ieIE/Products/LabelWriter_320.html

Here's what I want for my home:
http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Products/LabelWriter_DUO.html

Yep, I'm dreaming. the cheapest I can find it is about $179. IT IS SO AWESOME! You can do just about anything with it! Create File Labels, Address Labels, etc, etc.......

I have the Lectra one at home, but it seems so time consuming. The Desk version is so simple. It is basically like a "printer" that you send your information to. No looking at that little screen and wasting a bunch of labels if you screw up. You know what it's going to look like before you print it.

:))

jenniferknapp said:
LOL...twin turbo, are we talking about label makers or jet engines here? :)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:D

rebeccastt said:
I have a hand-held Dymo Letra Tag for my files and a Dymo LabelWriter Twin Turbo for my address labels and stamps. I LOVE IT!!!!!! It sits on my desktop and is linked to my laptop so when I need to mail host packets/catalogs/receipts, etc., I just print out a label (VERY PROFESSIONAL), which I put the PC Logo on, and VOILA! A neat looking label for my envelope. Then, if I need special postage, I use the other side to print a stamp using Dymo's program that links to Endicia. It works so great and saves me time from having to go to the post office to purchase special postage, or from putting extra stamps on it.

It really does look extremely professional and it makes the job much more efficient.

Can you tell I love my LabelWriter? :D

OK>>>>>SO SEND ME THE LINK TO THIS BABY...I think i just fell in LOVE:D :D

OK - I love my Brother P-Touch It has served me well but there over 40 eye cannot get the dang backing off the label It sucks (Can I say that on here?) to get old - Well My eyes are old LOL!

I just print on one label of my 8.5x11 sheet in my regular printer to get the "professional" looking shipping labels....I don't do the postage at home, but would love to someday! I have also printed on the tiny labels to label things, but I may have to get a hand-held labeler!

Kathytnt said:
OK - I love my Brother P-Touch It has served me well but there over 40 eye cannot get the dang backing off the label It sucks (Can I say that on here?) to get old - Well My eyes are old LOL!

I worked at a hotel years ago in the HR department and we used a Brother for everything. I constantly had to label employee's time card thingies...here's the trick -- a paperclip!!!
Clip the paperclip about midway on the label. squeeze it tight, and run it down the length and off the end quickly - voila!!

Jilleysue said:
OK>>>>>SO SEND ME THE LINK TO THIS BABY...I think i just fell in LOVE:D :D
Ok, Jill. Here it is:

http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Categories/LabelWriter_Printers.html

I have the Twin Turbo (label maker, not jet. LOL!) and I bought that one because I wanted to be able to print two different sized labels without having to pull the roll out and replace (although it's not really hard, just annoying for me). You can get any sized labels you want for any of them which is the great part. I figured out which one I wanted and then went to bizrate.com to price them.

I really love it and it has saved me an enormous amount of time. I used to print them off on my computer using the Avery sheets and it just took too much time to print a label or two. Now I only use my Avery sheets if I'm going to print a ton of them at once.

Buy one....you'll LOVE it too! :)

dannyzmom said:
I worked at a hotel years ago in the HR department and we used a Brother for everything. I constantly had to label employee's time card thingies...here's the trick -- a paperclip!!!
Clip the paperclip about midway on the label. squeeze it tight, and run it down the length and off the end quickly - voila!!

You're a genius! A few years ago Martha Stewart had a handy little gadget that she used the same way. She said you could "get these at any craft store." She lied. I looked all over central and northeastern Indiana. No luck. Now you tell me I can just use a paper clip. I'm sooo excited! No more picking at the corner of the label. Wait. I'm getting way too excited over this. I think you people have been a bad influence on me. :D

rebeccastt said:
Ok, Jill. Here it is:

http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Categories/LabelWriter_Printers.html

I have the Twin Turbo (label maker, not jet. LOL!) and I bought that one because I wanted to be able to print two different sized labels without having to pull the roll out and replace (although it's not really hard, just annoying for me). You can get any sized labels you want for any of them which is the great part. I figured out which one I wanted and then went to bizrate.com to price them.

I really love it and it has saved me an enormous amount of time. I used to print them off on my computer using the Avery sheets and it just took too much time to print a label or two. Now I only use my Avery sheets if I'm going to print a ton of them at once.

Buy one....you'll LOVE it too! :)

So, I know you save time, but what about $$$$$.......I really, really want one......Is it financially worth it?

I think so...I use it all the time! Plus, My time is worth something too so I'm saving money, frustration, etc. there. With as much mailing as we do, it's definately worth it!

I got the brother p touch for Christmas and LOVE IT~!

OH forget the diamonds..I want this for Valentines day...LOL

Jilleysue said:
OH forget the diamonds..I want this for Valentines day...LOL

Me too!!!! :rolleyes: :D

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! You girls are just like me! My husband and parents said they couldn't believe I would get so excited over a label maker! They shouldn't be surprised since Staples is my favorite store...I'm like a kid in a candy store. LOL!

Related to Is the Dymo Labelwriter Worth It for a PC Business?

1. Is the Dymo Labelwriter easy to use for PC businesses?

Yes, the Dymo Labelwriter is designed to be user-friendly and can easily be integrated into a PC business. It has a simple setup process and comes with easy-to-use software for designing and printing labels.

2. How does the Dymo Labelwriter compare to other label printers on the market?

The Dymo Labelwriter is a top-rated label printer and is highly regarded for its reliability and functionality. It offers a variety of features such as high-speed printing, compatibility with popular label sizes, and the ability to print multiple labels at once.

3. Can the Dymo Labelwriter be used for both small and large businesses?

Yes, the Dymo Labelwriter is suitable for both small and large businesses. It is designed to handle a high volume of label printing, making it an ideal choice for businesses of all sizes.

4. How does the cost of the Dymo Labelwriter compare to other label printers?

The cost of the Dymo Labelwriter is competitive with other label printers on the market. While it may be more expensive than some budget options, it offers advanced features and a reputation for durability that make it worth the investment.

5. Is the Dymo Labelwriter worth it for a PC business?

Overall, the Dymo Labelwriter is a highly recommended label printer for PC businesses. It offers convenience, efficiency, and a professional finish to labels, making it a valuable tool for any business looking to streamline their labeling process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
hoosierchef
  • hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • WestCoastPC