• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Protect Your Memories and Important Cards with a Personal Laminating Machine

although I do have a vision of laminating the monthly host specials that I put in my guest kits so people won't figure their tax, get their pen started, etc., on them. Whenever I see someone squiggle on the special, I want to shout, "Stop! I can't use it next time if you do that!"
hoosierchef
Hello. While I'm anxiously awaiting my labelwriter to arrive from Staples.com, it got me to thinking about something else I've always wanted. (Yep, I like gadgets! Probably why I like PC so much! LOL)

I've been debating purchasing a small personal laminating machine. I would love to be able to laminate a few of my son's pics to keep in my bag along with membership cards that I want to make sure don't get destroyed. Well I got to thinking this would also be an awesome "perk" to offer my customers! When they get their Hostess Cards, I could laminate them for them for free! That way, they never have to worry about a flimsy peice of paper in their wallet. I often find myself bringing in a card or two to work to have laminated.

What do you think?? Do any of you have a personal laminator? If so, what do you recommend??

Thanks!!

Anyone? Any takers on this post?? :p

Don't have one, but my vision is laminating the monthly host specials that I put in my guest kits so people won't figure their tax, get their pen started, etc., on them. Whenever I see someone squiggle on the special, I want to shout, "Stop! I can't use it next time if you do that!"

So far, I've been able to contain myself.

I put mine in my flip chart from Leadership a few years ago. I put all of them in I have available so they can choose a month to book and see the gust and host special.

I like for each guest to have a copy of the special. So often they need a special number (like with the stoneware), and it makes checkout easier for me.

Unless you plan on doing alot of laminating, it's probably cheaper to just take the stuff you want laminated to Office Max, and have them laminate for you. Laminating supplies can be costly!

I give one person the job of reminder of Guest special...I give them $1 off for each person that gets the guest special (if it is a spend this much and get this special) and then I have the host special in a binder that they can look at when they sit with me to place their order.

see I'm lazy, I tell them as they pass it to jot down the special # if they want to order our guest special.
I share it at the beginning when they start arriving for those who want to start ordering, talk about the specials during my intro & and then toward the end I make sure it gets passed again. I keep it by my laptop during check out. i don't like to waste time or toner making copies!!

hoosierchef said:
Hello. While I'm anxiously awaiting my labelwriter to arrive from Staples.com, it got me to thinking about something else I've always wanted. (Yep, I like gadgets! Probably why I like PC so much! LOL) I've been debating purchasing a small personal laminating machine. I would love to be able to laminate a few of my son's pics to keep in my bag along with membership cards that I want to make sure don't get destroyed. Well I got to thinking this would also be an awesome "perk" to offer my customers! When they get their Hostess Cards, I could laminate them for them for free! That way, they never have to worry about a flimsy peice of paper in their wallet. I often find myself bringing in a card or two to work to have laminated. What do you think?? Do any of you have a personal laminator? If so, what do you recommend?? Thanks!!
I LOVE the idea and have been debating about it myself! The supplies may be costly, but it isn't something that you go absolutely crazy on and laminate EVERYTHING! Thinking of the PHD cards, you can probably cut up one page of laminate to fit quite a few cards at different times!As for the guest specials, I decided to make lapboards, and guests will get a "protected" copy of the upcoming months specials in their board!

jenniferknapp said:
I LOVE the idea and have been debating about it myself! The supplies may be costly, but it isn't something that you go absolutely crazy on and laminate EVERYTHING! Thinking of the PHD cards, you can probably cut up one page of laminate to fit quite a few cards at different times!

As for the guest specials, I decided to make lapboards, and guests will get a "protected" copy of the upcoming months specials in their board!

I don't plan on laminating everything. Just PHD cards, my membership cards and photos. (But throwing PC in so I can write-of! ;) ) You can buy a pack of 100 cards lamination pockets for like 8-9 bucks, and the personal laminator I was looking at is only around $50. I mean, heck, I just spend $130 on a lablewriter! LOL I too use the lap boards for the specials, etc. Seems to me that over the long haul, it would be more expensive and inconvinient to go somewhere to have stuff laminated. I like the thought of being able to do it when I want it. Then again, I guess I could just keep doing it here at work. :p As long as I didn't get caught! LOL :rolleyes:

hoosierchef said:
I don't plan on laminating everything. Just PHD cards, my membership cards and photos. (But throwing PC in so I can write-of! ;) ) You can buy a pack of 100 cards lamination pockets for like 8-9 bucks, and the personal laminator I was looking at is only around $50. I mean, heck, I just spend $130 on a lablewriter! LOL I too use the lap boards for the specials, etc. Seems to me that over the long haul, it would be more expensive and inconvinient to go somewhere to have stuff laminated. I like the thought of being able to do it when I want it. Then again, I guess I could just keep doing it here at work. :p As long as I didn't get caught! LOL :rolleyes:

Haha....I invested in a "cheap" paper cutter for home too....I like to have all of the tools for when I want to be crafty! I don't think that $50 is bad at all, especially since it is a write-off!

jenniferknapp said:
Haha....I invested in a "cheap" paper cutter for home too....I like to have all of the tools for when I want to be crafty! I don't think that $50 is bad at all, especially since it is a write-off!

Yep. I'm an office supply junkie!! LOL If I could sell office supplies like I sell PC, I would definetly be in trouble!! :p

Me too! Oh yeah, I have a shredder too ;)

jenniferknapp said:
Me too! Oh yeah, I have a shredder too ;)

Yep. Me too! I've had one for years though and shred everything!! Especially important these days with all the fraud and Identity theft. Hum...Jennifer....what else haven't I thought of that I might need! ;) LOL

I have one of those Duck brand laminators from Walmart. I love it! I laminated my trifle, SA, and 30 min chicken cards to pass around at my shows. It is so nice because people are eating at the show but I can just wipe them off if they get gross. I also laminated the host/guest specials together so there is 1 April card with host stuff on one side and guest stuff on the other, 1 May and 1 June. I also pass these around at my shows!

gilliandanielle said:
I have one of those Duck brand laminators from Walmart. I love it! I laminated my trifle, SA, and 30 min chicken cards to pass around at my shows. It is so nice because people are eating at the show but I can just wipe them off if they get gross. I also laminated the host/guest specials together so there is 1 April card with host stuff on one side and guest stuff on the other, 1 May and 1 June. I also pass these around at my shows!
How much is that laminator Gillian?

Alright, another "office supply" that would be GREAT for any consultants that don't have one.... a flash drive! I just got an email that Staples has a 2GB one for sale. This is more than enough space, but a perfect place save your PP or PP3 backups....and even your PC documents! Check out the SanDisk® M2 Cruzer™ at Staples for $24.98 after instant savings and rebates! ......and use your Ebates account to get 3% cash back!!!

klsnyder said:
How much is that laminator Gillian?
I have had it for over a year but I think it was around $30 for the machine and a 25 pack of full page laminating pages is around $12...

jenniferknapp said:
Alright, another "office supply" that would be GREAT for any consultants that don't have one.... a flash drive! I just got an email that Staples has a 2GB one for sale. This is more than enough space, but a perfect place save your PP or PP3 backups....and even your PC documents!

Check out the SanDisk® M2 Cruzer™ at Staples for $24.98 after instant savings and rebates! ......and use your Ebates account to get 3% cash back!!!

K....I'm not finding it for that......Which size is it?? I have been wanting one of those! :p

I LOVE my flash drive! I have two computers with PP/P3 so I use it a lot to switch info back and forth!

hoosierchef said:
K....I'm not finding it for that......Which size is it?? I have been wanting one of those! :p
This would be a nice one...
Here's the info, try looking it up by item no!SanDisk® M2 Cruzer™
2GB flash drive
Was $74.98, now
$59.98 - $35 instant
savings = $24.98
(item no. 639175)

gilliandanielle said:
I LOVE my flash drive! I have two computers with PP/P3 so I use it a lot to switch info back and forth!

That's what I do too...although I use my 30gb iPod as an external harddrive (wow, what a write-off that was! ;))

How do I do that with my iPod? Mine just has Grey's, Sudoku and PC audios on it, LOL!

haha....alright, you need to enable disk space on part of the ipod..
Hook it up to your computer,
In iTunes, the main menu should have a few checkboxes....and one should be "enable disk space" .....check that!Now, open up your "My Computer," and you should see your ipod name, most likely with the drive letter E: under Devices with Removable Storage. Double click on it to open it.... All of your data will be hidden, so you can't screw anything up unless you delete one of the folders that you don't make. Now, just make a new folders....I have one "Pampered Chef" ....that I backup my documents to. I have a folder inside of it, "backup," that I backup PP3 in.

If it doesn't come up in your My Computer, you may have to eject it from iTunes, and then reconnect it.....and it should be visible in My Computer.

Thanks- I rarely need anything bigger than my flash drive, but this may come in handy just in case!

It is really nice to backup some other really important files on it as well. I have almost my whole computer on it...

My DH does his regular backup of his system to his 40GB iPod. I probably should use mine for that, too. :)

chefann said:
My DH does his regular backup of his system to his 40GB iPod. I probably should use mine for that, too. :)

Yes!! It is a great investment for your business!!:D

My DH gets pissed because he takes my iPod to listen to it in the car and every other song is a Belinda chapter, LOL! I put all his songs on the on-the-go playlist so he could choose that and go, but he HAS to shuffle songs and get all the teleclasses and stuff!

Yeah- conference recordings don't work well when they end up in the mix. :D

DH and I have separate 'Pods. His is a 40GB, mine's 30, and we also have a Mini. Then I don't have to worry about him making comments about the "stupid PC crap" on it.

OH I want a laminator I want one...the label maker is on its way..OOOOOHOOOOOO

gilliandanielle said:

Well Gillian, I went to Wal-Mart tonight and bought a Duck Laminating Machine! :rolleyes: It was marked $24.98 on the shelf, but when I went to check out, it was only $19.98!! Woohoo..... I hope this one lasts a good while. I'm excited to start using it as well as my labelwriter!

Speaking of my LabelWriter, I think my BF has big plans for it as well. He makes Turkey calls and is planning on making labels to put in them for when he sells them. Good investment I would say, since we both will get great use out of them!

hoosierchef said:
Well Gillian, I went to Wal-Mart tonight and bought a Duck Laminating Machine! :rolleyes: It was marked $24.98 on the shelf, but when I went to check out, it was only $19.98!! Woohoo..... I hope this one lasts a good while. I'm excited to start using it as well as my labelwriter!

Speaking of my LabelWriter, I think my BF has big plans for it as well. He makes Turkey calls and is planning on making labels to put in them for when he sells them. Good investment I would say, since we both will get great use out of them!

What are turkey calls?http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0024.gif

Hunters use them to call Tom Turkey's during hunting season. They sound like the hen's.

Last edited:
Oh no!! I think I know what you're talking about - my step-dad goes Turkey hunting every year - we bust his chops SO bad (mom does volunteer wildlife rescue so his being a hunter is just SOOOOOOO not-ok LOL)

Related to Protect Your Memories and Important Cards with a Personal Laminating Machine

1. "What are the benefits of using a personal laminating machine?"

A personal laminating machine allows you to create durable, long-lasting laminated items such as photos, cards, and important documents. It protects them from damage, tears, and stains, making them perfect for everyday use or for special occasions.

2. "How does a personal laminating machine work?"

A personal laminating machine uses heat and pressure to seal a thin layer of plastic film onto your chosen item. The film is available in various sizes and thicknesses to accommodate different types of items.

3. "What types of items can be laminated with a personal laminating machine?"

You can laminate a variety of items such as photos, cards, documents, recipe cards, ID cards, and more. As long as the item is flat and can fit through the machine, it can be laminated.

4. "Can I use a personal laminating machine for my business?"

Yes, a personal laminating machine can be a great tool for businesses. It allows you to create professional-looking laminated items such as business cards, name tags, and marketing materials. It also helps protect important documents and keepsakes.

5. "What should I look for when purchasing a personal laminating machine?"

When purchasing a personal laminating machine, consider the size and thickness of the items you want to laminate, the speed and temperature settings, and the cost of replacement laminating film. It's also helpful to read reviews and compare different brands to find the best option for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dwyerkim
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JennyJennJen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Aylaisabeau
  • esavvymom