• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your PC Business: Expert Opinion on Creating a Personal Website

In summary, the personal website is a valuable investment for those looking to build their business. It can help hosts evade guests, send reminders, set up wedding registries, and even shop the outlet. The more often guests visit the website, the more likely they are to place an order.
pameredchef007
Gold Member
I was wondering about the personal website. I have been in PC for almost a year now. Last year I was just a "hobbiest", but this year I want to be full-time. I didn't really use the website when I qualified. I was wondering if this is a worth while investment for me or not. I just can't make up my mind. I'm having issues with getting shows booked, so I don't know if this will help me or not! So, I was hoping for your opinion in this matter. HELP!! I really want to make my PC business bloom this year!!:eek:

I have had mine since November and I've gotten a couple small individual orders. BUT it seem to help motivate my Hosts with their guest list when I tell them to include out-of-town family and friends because they can order on my web site. I think it's worth it, mostly because it's not really expensive and I don't have to do anything to maintain it if I don't have time.

My two cents.

If you want to build your business I would definetly get one. Hosts can evite people, you can send reminders, you can set up wedding registries, not to mention people from all over can view your website and place individual orders and even shop the outlet.

I agree. It really has boosted my sales! The outside orders and larger than before and include a lot more people, like crystal mentioned. I LOVE IT! and say GO FOR IT! ~If you build it, They will come~ hehehe I couldnt help it!

You'll get more business through it the longer you have it. There are a couple of tricks to help:
  • Put your PWS address on EVERY piece of paper that leaves your hands.
  • Set up all your hosts on PWS. Put the info on the invitations. Even if the host doesn't use the email invites, guests can order online.
  • Put some recipes in the News area and in the Calendar area. Change them at least once a month to get people to visit the site. The more often they visit, the more likely they are to place an order.
  • If you send an email newsletter, don't include the recipe, point people to your PWS.
  • Change the news articles at least once a month. That can be as simple as updating the monthly specials. And shuffle the order - people will think they're all new and read them. And that recruiting message may hit someone at the right time.

nldavis321 said:
I agree. It really has boosted my sales! The outside orders and larger than before and include a lot more people, like crystal mentioned. I LOVE IT! and say GO FOR IT!

~If you build it, They will come~

hehehe I couldnt help it!

LOL Too funny!

niclowther said:
If you want to build your business I would definetly get one. Hosts can evite people, you can send reminders, you can set up wedding registries, not to mention people from all over can view your website and place individual orders and even shop the outlet.

I've been using these cards with directions for how to shop the outlet for the last few shows. I also talk about the outlet at my shows. I put a card in each of the guest folders. I tell them about the cards and to make sure they keep them and that the outlet changes frequently.

Also, I pick out some item that seems a really good deal and I tell them about it. Yesterday at my show I told them about the carving set that's $11.50, that's about 75% off the regular price of $45.50 and how I ordered 2 sets to put back for Christmas presents, which is true. I guess I will see if I get some orders!!!

Attachments

• outlet directions card.doc
    227 KB · Views: 394
caraighan said:
I've been using these cards with directions for how to shop the outlet for the last few shows. I also talk about the outlet at my shows. I put a card in each of the guest folders. I tell them about the cards and to make sure they keep them and that the outlet changes frequently.

Also, I pick out some item that seems a really good deal and I tell them about it. Yesterday at my show I told them about the carving set that's $11.50, that's about 75% off the regular price of $45.50 and how I ordered 2 sets to put back for Christmas presents, which is true. I guess I will see if I get some orders!!!

I love the cards, going to print them right now! Thanks

My current Cooking Show that is tomorrow night has had $435 in outside orders charged through my website! For only $9 a month, it more than pays for itself! I just closed a Catalog Show on Friday that was also all "outside orders" as well and it was $345! It's well worth it.On the Outlet, I offer the link several times a month in an email for various items (like I sent out that there was the Let's Eat Cookbook, Kids' Cutters, and My Safe Cutters on there) and combine orders of anyone interested to reduce shipping. I've had $135 from that this month as well! I find it well worth it and notice that Hosts that utilize it do much better on their Shows!

Thank you all so much for your advice! Well, I did it!! I now have my own website. I love the cards.

pameredchef007 said:
Thank you all so much for your advice! Well, I did it!! I now have my own website. I love the cards.

Congrats!! Enjoy it and tell EVERYBODY about it!

1. How do I create a personal website for my Pampered Chef business?

Creating a personal website for your Pampered Chef business is easy! Simply visit our website and click on the "Become a Consultant" tab. From there, you can sign up to become a consultant and receive your own personal website to promote your business.

2. Can I customize my personal website with my own branding?

Yes, you can customize your personal website with your own branding. You have the option to upload your own logo and choose your own color scheme to make your website unique to your business.

3. Do I have to pay for my personal website?

Yes, there is a small fee for your personal website. However, this fee covers the cost of hosting, maintenance, and updates to ensure your website is running smoothly and effectively promoting your business.

4. How can a personal website help me maximize my Pampered Chef business?

A personal website can help you reach a larger audience and showcase your products and services. It also allows you to easily share your website on social media and other platforms, making it easier for potential customers to find and purchase from you.

5. Can I track the success of my personal website?

Yes, you can track the success of your personal website through our consultant portal. You can see how many visitors you have, where they are coming from, and which products they are most interested in. This information can help you make informed decisions to further improve and grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
batroark
  • BethanyN
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Laurie