• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Stoneware the Secret to Perfectly Baked Cookies?

In summary, this customer was baking cookies and forgot about her last batch, went to lunch, and when finishing up her kid asks her about getting a cookie when getting home and she remember about her last batch in the oven! She went to the kitchen and got the cookies out and they were not burnt on the bottom.
heat123
Silver Member
I had a customer tell me her story about stoneware: She was making holiday cookies one year, got busy and forgot about her last batch, went to lunch, and while finishing up her kid asks her about getting a cookie when getting home and she remember about her last batch in the oven!

1-1.5 hours later she comes home expecting a smokey, burnt charred cookies, possibly even house on fire and low and behold NO burnt cookies!:eek: Can you believe that! Stones Rock!:D

I want her stone then, I forgot about some spritz cookies in the oven yesterday, after 30 minutes they were pretty burnt. The were just as burnt on the top as they were on the bottom. :) Luckily the local chickadees and cardinals don't mind burnt cookies, so I tossed them outside for them to snack on.

The squirrels in my neighborhood get the mistakes. And the old, stale stuff like bread and potato chips. :)

8 years ago - 6 years before I became a consultant - I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter - I loved cookies at Christmas but this year I wasn’t allowed to have them because I am diabetic (I was a high risk also because of my age – 36, high cholesterol). Well, as stubborn that I am, I bought some school cookie dough in the bucket, so one day I took the bucket out, took about 4 scoops out and put on the medium stone - before I bought the clock timer - I set the microwave timer for the right time - went to the living room that is a very short distance away. I fell a sleep and when I woke up 2 hours later I smelt something. Went to the kitchen and then I remembered the cookies - I took them out and they were not burnt on the bottom but a little crunchy on the outside and a little bit chewy on the inside.

AMAZING - at least to me

~

whiteyteresa said:
8 years ago - 6 years before I became a consultant - I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter - I loved cookies at Christmas but this year I wasn’t allowed to have them because I am diabetic (I was a high risk also because of my age – 36, high cholesterol). Well, as stubborn that I am, I bought some school cookie dough in the bucket, so one day I took the bucket out, took about 4 scoops out and put on the medium stone - before I bought the clock timer - I set the microwave timer for the right time - went to the living room that is a very short distance away. I fell a sleep and when I woke up 2 hours later I smelt something. Went to the kitchen and then I remembered the cookies - I took them out and they were not burnt on the bottom but a little crunchy on the outside and a little bit chewy on the inside.

AMAZING - at least to me

~
That is crazy amazing!:eek:

About 2-3 years after I became a consultant, I was baking cupcakes. I set the timer, but didn't bring it downstairs with me. I went in my office and was getting ready for my show that night, I then started fileing and just got so busy, about 1 hour after they were due to come out, I went upstairs and smelled them! I ran to the oven and got them out, they were not burnt. I thought they wouldn't be good, but I went ahead and iced them and my hubby couldn't tell that I had did anything wrong!:) I told him that night after I came home from my show, after he had already ate about 4:blushing: ;) :D

I've done the same with biscuits. I left them in for about 40 minutes instead of 20. They didn't burn and we were able to eat them with our supper. Truly amazing!!

I usually joke at my shows that when you do manage to burn something in stoneware, at least it's evenly burnt all over. :D :chef:

chefann said:
I usually joke at my shows that when you do manage to burn something in stoneware, at least it's evenly burnt all over. :D :chef:

I always say that too!

My third show my hostess threw cookies in the oven on my small round stone and the last batch got left in the oven about the same amount of time and the burnt and stunk so bad, so I have a hard time believing that one. AND Yes it was on OUR stoneware.

I wonder if because they are each hand made, that some just don't burn things and others do. I've burnt quite a few things on the stones because I've forgotten about them. I also don't like to make Crescent Rolls on them because after I take them out of the oven and set them on the cooling rack, they fall down, get all flat, and are doughy in the middle. So I saved a small metal cookie sheet for crescent rolls.

I will admit it does take a lot longer for things to burn, but sadly when I've either forgotten to set the timer, or just didn't hear it go off, I've run to the kitchen and my stuff was burnt. I made some chocolate chip cookies the other day and those puppies got so dark brown you couldn't tell the difference between the cookie and the chocolate chips. :) Maybe my oven is Uber Powerful? (don't-chya know?)

What is "True Testament to Stoneware!"?

"True Testament to Stoneware!" is a line of stoneware products from Pampered Chef that are made from high-quality, natural materials and are designed to provide even and consistent heat distribution for perfectly cooked meals every time.

What makes "True Testament to Stoneware!" different from other stoneware products?

Our "True Testament to Stoneware!" line is made from a unique blend of natural materials, including clay, feldspar, and quartz, which allows for superior heat retention and even cooking. The stoneware is also glazed with a non-stick coating that makes it easy to clean and prevents food from sticking.

Can "True Testament to Stoneware!" be used in the microwave?

Yes, our stoneware products are safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to follow the specific instructions for each product, as some may have different guidelines for microwave use.

Do I need to season "True Testament to Stoneware!" before using it?

No, our stoneware products do not require seasoning before use. Simply wash with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly before using for the first time.

Are "True Testament to Stoneware!" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, our stoneware products are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand-washing to prolong the life of the stoneware and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher detergents. If using a dishwasher, make sure the stoneware is placed on the top rack away from direct contact with the heating element.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies