• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Stoneware Clay Non-Reactive?

In summary, our Stoneware is 'inert', meaning it does not react with food or other substances. It is not coated with any non-stick materials and is safe to use with wooden or silicone utensils. Although dishwasher safe, hand-washing is recommended for longevity. Stoneware does not require seasoning and will develop a natural non-stick surface over time with regular use.
babywings76
Gold Member
This was a question I just got from a host. What does it mean? And what should I reply?

babywings76 said:
This was a question I just got from a host. What does it mean? And what should I reply?

It means... is it chemically active? I do believe and I would say the answer is no but can't hurt to ask someone from PC.

I just tried calling, but the solution center is closed today. Is there somewhere I can look this up? She put this question to me in an e-mail. This is what she wrote:

** Just to confirm... all of the “stoneware” is completely inert, correct??? Any idea what it is made of?? I’m trying to get away from my current nonstick coated bakeware **

In the context of her questions, yes stoneware is inert. It is not chemically reactive and there is no outgassing (her concern with non-stick cookware). It is made of clay and is certified lead free.Robin

100% gray clay--non reactive

Related to Is Stoneware Clay Non-Reactive?

1. What does it mean for the Stoneware to be 'inert'?

When we say that our Stoneware is 'inert', it means that it does not react with food or other substances, making it safe to use for cooking and baking.

2. Is the Stoneware coated with any non-stick materials?

No, our Stoneware is not coated with any non-stick materials. It is made from natural clay and does not require any additional coatings for non-stick properties.

3. Can I use metal utensils on the Stoneware?

It is recommended to use wooden or silicone utensils when cooking or serving on the Stoneware to avoid scratching the surface. Metal utensils may cause damage to the Stoneware over time.

4. Is the Stoneware dishwasher safe?

Yes, our Stoneware is dishwasher safe. However, to prolong its lifespan, we recommend hand-washing with warm water and mild soap.

5. How do I season my Stoneware?

Stoneware does not require seasoning like cast iron. Simply use it regularly for cooking and baking, and it will develop a natural non-stick surface over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbchan
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mdallshouse1
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • chefmelody