• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Patrick Swayze Battling Pancreatic Cancer?

In summary, Patrick Swayze's recent diagnosis of pancreatic cancer has caused concern among fans and the media. Some reports suggest that he is near death, while others state that he is fighting the disease. Unfortunately, pancreatic cancer is known for being a difficult cancer to treat, and many are saddened by the news. Despite this, there is still hope as Patrick's doctor claims the situation is not as dire as some stories may suggest. Many fans have expressed their love for the actor and his iconic role in Dirty Dancing, while others have shared their personal experiences with loved ones who have battled pancreatic cancer. Prayers and well wishes are being sent to Patrick as he continues to undergo treatment.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Pancreatic Cancer. There are reports that say he is near death and others that say he is fighting it. I know usually with this type of cancer, it does not look good. So sad - I love Dirty Dancing!

http://omg.yahoo.com/patrick-swayze-fighting-pancreatic-cancer/news/7209

Oh, no, that's awful! He was my 80's Dreamboat! My prayers are with him.

He was just on Oprah not too long ago. Wow, that cancer does work fast if the story is true. So sad! Dirty Dancing was a favorit of mine, too. My mom wouldn't let me see the movie because of the "theme". I went to see it at least 5 times at the $1 theatre when I was 14 or 15 years old.

My medical procedures teacher has said in the past that once you have something wrong like that with your pancreas, there's not really any going back...not good.

Dirty Dancing is my all time fav...

My grandpa lived almost a yr with pancreatic cancer but they had to take out 1/2 his stomach and a lot of intestines it was horrible watching him pass away. The dr.s said people dont live long at all with that type of cancer

So sad. I'll be praying for him.

I prefer Roadhouse! (And my DH likes it too, so we watch it quite often!) That's so sad.

I am so sad....I love the scene in DD where he and Baby are learning to dance and you see his back...the way those muscles move were too hot! I pray that whatever happens, he isn't in pain and doesn't suffer.

One more thing.....can you believe that hunk is 55????

I was just coming on here to post this.

It is sad. Hopefully, he will continue to respond to treatment.

There is a lady in my church with pancrease cancer and they gave her 6 months to live. She is responding wonderful to treatment and her counts are reduced from over 2000 to around 200 now. God has performed a miracle for her and we all continue to pray He will continue to heal her! It is amazing what He is doing and she gives all the glory to Him!:angel:

They have been playing Roadhouse all week. Russell always stop on the scene where he is wokring out and boxing in his sweatpants for me b/c he knows I love to DROOL over him!! Then he turns it before I get upset when Sam Elliott gets killed.

Last week Dirty Dancing was on a lot.

Those are my two fav shows of all time!

Related to Is Patrick Swayze Battling Pancreatic Cancer?

1. What type of cancer did Patrick Swayze have?

Patrick Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which is a type of cancer that affects the pancreas, a vital organ in the digestive system.

2. How did Patrick Swayze's cancer affect his career?

Patrick Swayze continued to work throughout his cancer treatment, but his health did limit his ability to take on physically demanding roles. He also had to take breaks from filming and promoting projects to focus on his treatment.

3. Did Patrick Swayze beat cancer?

Unfortunately, Patrick Swayze passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2009. He fought a brave and public battle with the disease for over 20 months before his passing.

4. Was Patrick Swayze's cancer preventable?

Pancreatic cancer is often difficult to detect in its early stages and the exact cause is unknown, so it is not clear if Patrick Swayze's cancer could have been prevented. However, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and avoiding risk factors such as smoking can help reduce the risk of developing pancreatic cancer.

5. How did Patrick Swayze's cancer diagnosis raise awareness for the disease?

Patrick Swayze's public battle with pancreatic cancer brought much-needed attention to the disease and its devastating effects. Many celebrities and fans joined in spreading awareness and raising funds for research and treatment. The Patrick Swayze Pancreas Cancer Research Fund was also established in his honor to continue the fight against this deadly disease.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • Kitchen Diva