1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: We lost another one - Patrick Swayze

1. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Add yet another one to the list of celebrity deaths in such a short period of time. Today we lost Patrick Swayze at the age of 57 after his courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. :cry:

Lest not forget:
    "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

RIP Patrick

Sep 14, 2009
  2. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Man, the list of lost celeberties this year is SAD! :(

Sep 14, 2009
  3. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

He had a lot of class right up to the end. My all time favorite role of his is Vida in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. He played the perfect combo of drag queen and protector.

Sep 14, 2009
  4. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'll have to check that movie out, never even heard of it. I could play the role of Baby though in DD for as many times as I have seen it.

Sep 14, 2009
  5. KellyRedHead

KellyRedHead Advanced Member

So could I Melissa! I loved that movie and Patrick Swayze.

My Mom just told me a little while ago. He was very strong, he and his wife.

Just very sad.

Kelly V.

Sep 14, 2009
  6. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence. lucky to have him with us for the 20 months after he was diagnosed. Every time Dirty Dancing is on TV, I still watch it. Ghost too! just so sad.

Sep 14, 2009
  7. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

I just read that he & his wife were married in 1975 and that they met when he was 19 and she was 15.

I loved watching his movies. Ghost & Dirty Dancing are my two favorites.

8. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

it's not for the kiddies...it's about a trio of drag queens who are stranded in a small town on their way to hollywood. there are a lot of challenging issues in the movie, like domestic abuse and of course homophobia. it's mostly funny, a little sad, and renews one's faith in the inherent goodness of most people.

Sep 14, 2009
  9. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

That is VERY True! My freind was diagnosed with it last year and only had 2 months after diagnosis.:(

Sep 14, 2009
  10. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

One of my favorite actors. the Julie Newmar film was on location about 20 miles from where I lived in eastern Nebraska. I never got the chance to go watch them film.

I also loved Ghost and Dirty Dancing. such a tragic loss.

bummed,

Sep 14, 2009
  11. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

So sorry to hear about your friend. We lost my father in law to pancreatic cancer - we were lucky to have him for 10 months after his diagnosis. hopefully a cure is found soon.

Sep 14, 2009
Have something to add?