• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is National City Bank Changing Routing and Account Numbers in April?

In summary, there are changes happening with a bank that the speaker used to be a part of, and they are concerned about the impact it will have on their business. However, they have received conflicting information about the timeline of these changes and whether they will be notified in advance. Additionally, there are concerns about using personal debit cards and how it may affect their business transactions. The speaker advises using a personal credit card for the time being and mentions that they have more information if the listener wants to contact them directly.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Just got an e-mail from my director that came down from our ED. She said with a change in the name of the bank comes new routing numbers and account numbers.

From what I can find on the bank's web site, these changes don't take place until April. The way it was presented, this could mess up my February show, which was the only thing standing between me and losing everything.

Anybody have more info on this?

As long as your show is submitted to HO by midnight on the 28th, it doesn't matter what issues maybe happening with your bank. The time stamp on the show is what matters.

Sorry - I left "NCB" several years ago, during another name change. They've been through several.

When one bank buys another, they can choose to keep the other bank's existing routing and account numbers or not. It's of course cheaper to just keep things as is, but sometimes system configuration warrants changes.

In any case, if the bank were to be changing your ABA and account numbers, they would let you know with plenty of time to make any necessary changes, becuse they know that people rely on that data for direct deposits and other transactions. There will probably also be some kind of a changeover time frame in which both sets of data works.

While I can see the purpose of your upline warning you that a change is coming, I think it might create unnecessary stress. The only thing that I can see affecting you is your PC Debit card. Check cards don't use the ABA and account number, and checks are usually honored for a certain period of time after the change, so it won't affect payments you receive from your customers. And as I already mentioned, the bank will let you know if you have an account with them and your ABA and account number is changing. When they do, they will let you know with plenty of time to contact the finance department to chagne the information on your PC Debit card.

The cool thing is, it's just the routing information, not your actual account, so you don't have to worry about timing it right between deposits and withdrawals.

In other words, if you haven't heard from your bank, I wouldn't worry.

Why not just submit the show(s) in question with a personal credit card? Do you have a PC Credit Card?You can pay it off immediately upon receipt of the bill and not have to worry about missing the deadline or possible issues with the account for now.While I don't think you should do this on a regular basis, this seems like a one time issue.

I bank at National City. As far as I know the buy out was final last weekend and they did change ALL account numbers and routing numbers. I have already printed out the form from Pampered Chef to update my Pampered Chef debit card. You should have gotten several letters in the mail about the account change, your current National City debit card will only work for another couple of weeks and you should have a new PNC card that you need to activate. They said to keep your checks as they would accept those until you run out. I have some more info if you want to PM me. My last two shows did clear my account the weekend of the change over, but for the rest of this month, I am going to use my debit card to send in my shows.

Maybe they are doing things differently in different areas?I was at multiple branches this week making deposits for my show. I didn't have my account number with me and they looked it up with my debit card. And the NC sign is still at the banks. The web site references a changeover in April. I have received NOTHING from the bank so far.If I had known I could use my own debit card, I would have. And ... my tax return is going in this account, and that is what I use to pay my city taxes. I knew this was coming but ... oy vey!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Maybe they are doing things differently in different areas?

I was at multiple branches this week making deposits for my show. I didn't have my account number with me and they looked it up with my debit card. And the NC sign is still at the banks.

The web site references a changeover in April. I have received NOTHING from the bank so far.

If I had known I could use my own debit card, I would have. And ... my tax return is going in this account, and that is what I use to pay my city taxes.

I knew this was coming but ... oy vey!

I bet they are doing it at different times in different areas. Overall it seems like it is a pretty easy change, but still a pain :D I wouldn't worry about it yet, I am sure you will start getting info in the mail soon. Like I said all my shows still cleared my account even after the change so it shouldn't be too bad.

1. Can I open a bank account with National City if I don't live near a physical branch?

Yes, you can open an account with National City through their online banking services. This allows you to manage your account and perform transactions from anywhere with internet access.

2. What types of accounts does National City offer?

National City offers a variety of personal and business banking accounts, including checking, savings, money market, CDs, and loans. They also offer credit cards and investment services.

3. Are there any fees associated with National City bank accounts?

There may be fees associated with certain accounts, such as monthly maintenance fees or overdraft fees. However, National City offers a variety of account options and fee waivers that may help you avoid these charges.

4. Can I access my National City account information on my mobile device?

Yes, National City has a mobile banking app that allows you to view your account balances, make transactions, and manage your account from your smartphone or tablet.

5. Does National City offer any rewards or benefits for banking with them?

Yes, National City offers rewards and benefits for their customers, such as cash back on debit card purchases, discounts on loans, and access to exclusive events and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • AprilM
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • dannyzmom