• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My New Dell Laptop Deductible for Business Shows? | Order Placed

In summary, the conversation revolves around purchasing a new laptop and whether or not it can be deducted as a business expense for attending shows. The speaker mentions that they are excited to start using the laptop and that they have previously deducted a printer. However, there is some confusion about whether the laptop should be expensed over a number of years or if it can be deducted in full. The speaker also mentions that they got a good deal on the laptop and that their husband encouraged them to make the purchase. It is also mentioned that the laptop must be used in the current tax year in order to be claimed as a deduction.
jrstephens
I did it, I placed an order with Dell for a laptop. This is deductible right since I will be taking it to my shows? I cannot wait to start!!!

I deducted my printer 2 yrs ago - and am planning on taking my new laptop as a deduction this year....You will LOVE being able to take your laptop to shows!

I will be but depending on how much you spent for it, it may count as an asset that will need to be expensed over a number of years (called depreciation) ... check with a CPA... if it's not that much (some laptops are very inexpensive now) it wouldn't be worth depreciating and if it should be depreciated CPAs can set up a schedule for that. I just got a laptop too (whee! LOVE IT!) but it was one DH refurbished for nothing and a laptop someone else had given us so nothing to deduct.

It is $820. with tax. I kept trying to talk myself into cancelling it all weekend but Russell kept telling me not to. That I had the money saved up and had been wanting one for years and to just get the thing! Isn't it nice to have a husband like that!?!:chef:

I had forgotten that I got a new printer this year! Glad you mentioned that Becky!

I just bought a Dell laptop a month or so ago... I hope I can count it as a deduction! :) I only paid $550 for mine though b/c I didn't have to pay tax or shipping. :thumbup: I love that I can take it to shows, so convenient!

You just have to make sure that you begin using it in this tax year. If you don't start using it until 2008, then you can't claim it on your 2007 taxes.

Related to Is My New Dell Laptop Deductible for Business Shows? | Order Placed

1. Is my new Dell laptop deductible for business shows?

Yes, as long as the laptop is used exclusively for business purposes, it can be deducted as a business expense for attending shows and events.

2. Do I need to provide proof of purchase for my laptop to be deductible?

Yes, it is recommended to keep a copy of the receipt or invoice as proof of purchase in case of an audit.

3. Are there any specific requirements for the laptop to be deductible?

The laptop must be necessary for your business and used primarily for business purposes. It should also be purchased and placed in service within the same tax year.

4. Can I deduct the full cost of the laptop?

Depending on the cost of the laptop, you may be able to deduct the full cost in the year of purchase or you may have to use depreciation to deduct the cost over several years. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional for specific guidance.

5. Do I need to have a business license to deduct the laptop?

No, a business license is not required to deduct the laptop as a business expense. As long as the laptop is used exclusively for business purposes, it can be deducted regardless of having a business license.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thebowman
  • Careyann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Careyann
  • Adrian