• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Worth Having ppampered Chefw Site?

In summary, the personal website can be a beneficial tool for chefs to generate individual orders and leads. It is easy to use and promotes itself.
milkangel
i was woundering is it worht having a psw and how it a ffects your business. have you had a lot of other orders with it other than shows? and has show sales increased and even bookings? in put please

right now, it's a convenience for my hosts to send evites, and i have had just a couple of their guests place orders through it.

i would be interested in how other cheffers use their sites to generate individual orders and leads.

There is a thread that was posted yesterday I think "$298 order". It can take a while for it to get rolling, but I had over $3000 in sales on mine last year (outside of shows). I put all of my shows on there, and I stamp my site addy on everything!

My two shows lately that really concentrated their efforts and used the website in addition to postcards were $1200 and $1500 respectively, so I am a firm believer in it to increase sales. I also get a lot of outlet orders from it. I put a label about the outlet on every sales receipt that I give to the host to include with all the orders.

Also as a director the leads sent to your website are AWESOME!! About another $500 in sales per month for me.

almondfarm said:
I put a label about the outlet on every sales receipt that I give to the host to include with all the orders.

What do you say on this label?

I just started with mine...and I have had 4 outside orders for my one show, one person who missed the show because of coming down with a fever, placed her order on my site during the show!

Another, someone ordered $450.00 and so far I have one order for my show coming up this weekend.

So far I feel like the website has payed for itself. Also, it is so nice and easy to import these orders from the website into PP3. :D

okay I'll be the one to say it........for me no it hasn't been "worth" it. I have spent more $ maintaining it than I have made with it.
YES I keep it updated
YES I advertise/promote it
YES it's on everything PC that leaves my hands

I won't tell you don't do it, but I will say it may take some time to reap benefits from it.

Basically it says (not the exact words)

Shop our Outlet Store for DEEP Discounts

visit my website at: web addy
Click on Order Products (lower left)
Pick Option #2, Then Click on Outlet!!!

For me - sometimes it is but most of the time it isn't worth it. I still keep it and keep trying to build it up.

I will also admit that it probably does not pay for itself for me. I also put it on everything that leaves my hands and on every email that goes out including my newsletters. I have only had a handful of orders on it.

I wish (which I know a lot of you do) we had some kind of counter that we could track how many people visit our site. I really feel like having it makes me look a bit more professional. I also invite everyone to get the recipe from shows from it, but I have no idea how many people actually do that. If I knew that people were visiting it for things other than ordering I would feel all that much better about keeping it.

I am getting a decal for my car that will include my website. I will see if that helps any.

It easily pays for itself for me. I have at least one online order on every show. As a director, I get sales leads and those totalled over $800 in Dec, over $300 in January, and I already have $130 in online sales for March. If you have a PWS, you have to promote it. I set up every show on my site and encourage my hosts to use the e-invitations. I rarely have my hosts mail invites or mail them myself anymore. Phone calls and emails are the way to go. I also send out emails to all my customers via the Customer Connection portion of my site. Although, yes, there could be more message options, it is very easy to sync with P3 and makes it very easy to send out emails.I do not put my email address on ANY paperwork AT ALL, only my web address. Folks can contact me that way. :)

is there a fee for the personal website?

This is all great information - I just started up in January and am learning so much. I like all of the ideas and I will do a better job to advertise my website.

Cindy

It wasn't for me. I had it for 3 months (what I got free when I qualified), and never got a single thing as a result of it. Since my point in having this job is to make money instead of just spend it, I have opted to not renew it. It's not in my budget.

I've received an order here and there, but it's VERY useful for my catalog shows. So I keep it for that.

pwsI think it is worth it. You HAVE to promote it (labels for catalogues, email signature, on your newsletter)! Encourage Hosts to use it for their show orders and invites. Do Mystery Host catalogue shows and that kind of thing and it will end up MORE THAN paying for itself! :) HTH

Didn't I see on here somewhere a couple of months ago about someone who builds your website for you, for a charge of course,??? If anyone knows of anyone who uses a service like this would you please share it. I seen a tupperware site that a consultant pays $10 a month and they build it and update it for this. The site was fantastic. I would be willing to pay someone to do a great job with my Pampered chef site.

Thanks for any info.
Debbie.

It is VERY worth it! I already have $1,360 in online orders alone. As a new consultant I would have made $272. As a director that has made me $408!

This does not include the added orders for my shows!! About a third of my hosts have orders online. I would have more, but after I type it in I kind of forget to host coach about the use of the website.

It is one of my goals to use my website more this year...

debbieskitchenhelper said:
Didn't I see on here somewhere a couple of months ago about someone who builds your website for you, for a charge of course,??? If anyone knows of anyone who uses a service like this would you please share it. I seen a tupperware site that a consultant pays $10 a month and they build it and update it for this. The site was fantastic. I would be willing to pay someone to do a great job with my Pampered chef site.

Thanks for any info.
Debbie.

You can't create a separate PC website with a new domain - it's in our advertising and publicity guidelines. If you're talking about hiring someone to maintain your PC PWS, then that's up to you, but to have someone build something that you can't use, definitely not worth it!

So how does the online ordering work?

I wondered if the PWS site was worth it. I got started on PWS in late Jan. I have put 3 shows on it so far, and gotten orders for each show. Most of the orders were small. Less than $30.00. But it has already paid for itself. I am really hopeful that I will get more orders from it. I have not that good at keeping it up, but I keep trying. LOL.

Totally worth it! Most of my show hosts use it to send evites from it, I also get outside orders from most shows and I have gotten $350-400 in individual orders since Dec!

i decided to go a head and sign so i now have my own web site. because a few people was looking a a few items on the outlet and thought i should go and sign for one and then they can orderit from my web site easyer that wasy

I just looked thru what I got for orders last year,
I had 83 orders
I figure even if the average order is $30.00 (usually more) I took in $2490.00 worth of orders. My minimum profit was $546. So it paid for itself and then quite a bit. combine this with the fact that these people may not have ordered if they could not have done so thru the web. And it made my hosts lives easier I think it is very worth it.

It is Great for me. I have alot of custmers that like they can order whenever, and My Host Love it for their shows, they use the invites, the wish list, whish helps me out alot. I say is has been worth it, You will have to promote that you have it though.

I am new but love it and find it worth the money already!
My last party the host sent out invites to 30 people... Only 13 people showed for the party. BUT 21 people order so that means 8 people that RSVP no ordered online. When they RSVP no it prompts them to place and order online if they would like to order, or book a show. OH and out of the 9 who ordered online 1 booked a show :)

jrb0328 said:
is there a fee for the personal website?

Here is my two cent worth

The cost for the PWS is:

6 months is $54 = $9 a month

12 months is $96 = $8 a month

I believe that you can't afford not to have it

You will have some not-so-good months with on-line orders/show orders
and then you will have some great months

It is a great way to show how professional you are, to get extra orders from shows from people out of town, etc

I love mine

Just my opinion

AND don't forgot about the OUTLET - this is a great way to keep in touch with your e-mail contacts

:chef:

The website is worth it. $72.00 per year to have all of the content developed by Pampered Chef, you can "tweak" it to make it more customized with the different color schemes, communicate with the customer connection, send out the invites for your hostess, collect data on guests from your hostess AND the BRIDAL REGISTRY is awesome. Basically you set up the bride in the registry, she enters the items she would like to receive and Pampered Chef does the rest.

I registered with my sister, prior to being a consultant, she spent 30 minutes max setting me up on the site and coaching me on what to do, etc. I entered my wish list and sent the Bridal Registry cards in my invitations and via email to guest list. My sister did not touch a thing and generated $800.00 in sales.

YES - The website is worth it!!! You just have to know how to maximize the potential. Ask for Bride referrals. :)

I think you mean $96 per year.

I HIGHY RECOMMEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the greatest for so many reasons. Outside orders, catalog shows, wedding registrys, recipes, ect......

You can also list events you are having and personalize it with any other news or important stuff you want.

I did over $1200 in online sales this year so far....well worth it!

So far, mine has paid for itself.

I had a $450 show ... the host was out of town and every order was on the web.

Most shows I've had have had at least 1 or 2 web orders since I got it.

HOWEVER ... my recuter and I did a bridal fair ... we both put out our stuff ... mine with the web site and hers without ... and the only bride to register so far did so on the pc site and not mine ... so NEITHER of us got credit for her!

Related to Is It Worth Having ppampered Chefw Site?

What is the benefit of having a pampered chef website?

Having a pampered chef website allows for easy access for customers to browse and purchase products, as well as providing a platform for promoting and marketing your business. It can also help streamline the ordering process and track sales.

How does having a website affect my business as a pampered chef?

Having a website can greatly benefit your pampered chef business by increasing visibility, reaching a wider audience, and providing a convenient way for customers to purchase products. It can also help with organization and tracking of sales.

Have you received a lot of orders through your website other than at shows?

Yes, many pampered chef consultants have reported a significant increase in orders through their website, especially during times when in-person shows may not be possible. Having a website provides a 24/7 platform for customers to place orders, leading to potential increase in sales.

Have your show sales increased since having a website?

It is difficult to determine the exact impact of a website on show sales, as it may vary for each consultant. However, having a website can potentially attract new customers and provide an easy way for existing customers to make purchases, which can lead to increased sales overall.

What is your overall experience with having a pampered chef website?

As a scientist, I do not personally have a pampered chef website. However, many consultants have reported positive experiences with having a website, citing increased sales and improved organization as the main benefits. It ultimately depends on individual preferences and needs for each consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melleemak
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • meganmcg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • Tina Berger