• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Hosting a Show with The Traveling Vineyard Worth It?

In summary, the Traveling Vineyard sounds like a fun way to learn about wine. It is also important to choose wines that your guests will enjoy, as well as consult with a consultant to make sure the party is a success.
thechefofnorthbend
The Traveling Vineyard?

Just looking for the pro's and con's of whether not to have a show...

TIA

No, but it sounds interesting....is it wine tasting? Sounds like fun to me! :D

My neighbor does it. I had a show in November. It was okay. As with PC, it depends on your consultant.

My sales were low because I picked wines that *I* like for the tasting, but not what my guests liked, so they didn't buy much. I think you really have to think about who is coming and what their tastes are and choose your tasting wine accordingly so you will have sales. :) Apparently, my palatte is a little bit more sophisticated than my neighbors who enjoy Miller out of cans. :p

My rep was a little to "by the book" for my tastes and she could have made it more fun, but it was one of her first shows so I forgave her.

Oh, and their host rewards stink. I got one bottle of free wine.

Yeah, I like white and fruity wines, very limited reds, and not to dry. I dont think I have the average wine taste, so I'd have to compile my guest list and ask them what they prefer...

I was looking at their rewards chart, and it is all based on how well your show does in sales if you even qualify for a gift.

Hmm...know of any other wine tasting companies out there that come to your door? Too bad it isnt say, Vodka or Tequilla tasting!! I'd be all over that!

I've never hosted a party, but I know a consultant and got a Wine of the Month subscription for my husband for Christmas. So far we've loved the wines (we love red) and I'll probably end up extending the subscription. Then they also give you good deals and discounts on wines periodically. It's a great gift!

That stinks--ONE bottle of wine as the benefit?! That is pretty sad. Deb-you said your sales weren't that great. I wonder what a really good party nets the host?

A bunch of other vendors and I had a dud of an Open House in December before the holidays (although I personally did really well thanks to all of the other vendors!), but there were my appetizers AND the wine from the Traveling Vineyard consultant, so all the vendors ended up having a fabulous time.:)

Oooo...Susan, I think THAT is the one I was looking for!!

If you host one, let me know how it is! I love wine!

thechefofnorthbend said:
Yeah, I like white and fruity wines, very limited reds, and not to dry. I dont think I have the average wine taste, so I'd have to compile my guest list and ask them what they prefer...

I was looking at their rewards chart, and it is all based on how well your show does in sales if you even qualify for a gift.

Hmm...know of any other wine tasting companies out there that come to your door? Too bad it isnt say, Vodka or Tequilla tasting!! I'd be all over that!
There's on here in the Milwaukee area that I think is a standalone, not a franchise or chain. The rep I first met was terrific and knew her wines - and she was a lot of fun. First time I ever tasted an ice wine and my favorite was a Chevallier du Bayard (or something like that) that we all called Chevy in the Barnyard. It was a fruity white without overwhelming sweetness.

Darby- I am pretty sure that Valky (yummy4tummy) sells Wine Shop at Home and could give you more info...

Related to Is Hosting a Show with The Traveling Vineyard Worth It?

1. What are the benefits of hosting a show with The Traveling Vineyard?

The main benefit of hosting a show with The Traveling Vineyard is that you get to earn free and discounted wine and accessories. As a host, you will also have the opportunity to taste and learn about different wines from around the world. Additionally, hosting a show is a fun and social way to bring friends and family together.

2. Are there any costs associated with hosting a show?

There are no upfront costs for hosting a show with The Traveling Vineyard. However, the host is responsible for providing light snacks and appetizers for the guests. The host also has the option to purchase any wines or accessories at a discounted price.

3. What can I expect at a Traveling Vineyard show?

At a Traveling Vineyard show, you can expect to taste and learn about different wines from a wine guide, who is a trained consultant. The wine guide will also provide information about food pairings and answer any questions you or your guests may have. It is a fun and interactive experience where you can socialize with friends and family.

4. What are the requirements for hosting a show?

The requirements for hosting a show with The Traveling Vineyard are simple. You must be at least 21 years old and have a space to comfortably accommodate 10-15 guests. This can be in your home, office, or any other suitable location. It is also recommended to invite at least 10 guests to ensure a successful and enjoyable event.

5. Are there any downsides to hosting a show with The Traveling Vineyard?

One potential downside of hosting a show is that you may feel pressure to purchase wine or accessories. However, there is no obligation to make a purchase. Another downside could be the time and effort required to plan and host the event. However, many hosts find it to be a fun and rewarding experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies