• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This the Karma of a Failed TTV Consultant?

G
Gagescorpages
Just heard this from a friend who is a TTV consultant:

"Sad to report that The Traveling Vineyard has closed its doors today and is no more. "

WOW!!!! I thought it looked like an interesting concept too!AND wasn't this one of the companies featured on the Mike & Juliette (?) show last year along with PC and another company? Jean Jonas did the segment and it was right at the time when the mini kit was revealed?

bummer--they had some good wines.

Colleen- Yes - I think that was the one! Bummer for the consultants. Apparently they just received an email. :(

I tried to buy some wine from a consultant's website a few years ago. It was a cool concept because they couldn't have the wine to sell on hand, but would ship pretty much anywhere. However, their website sucked so much that I couldn't figure out how to complete my order!!!

One of my former neighbors was a consultant. The consultants had to BUY the wine for the tasting parties. If the host had a lot of people coming, then she might have to buy double and then there was no guarantee she'd make that money back. I think the consultants had to put out a lot of money and I know that is one of the reasons my neighbor quit.

I know (knew) a consultant, but haven't been in touch with him for some time. I even hosted a party and it was a lot of fun. I can see how they may not make any money. I had a pretty good turnout, but not that many people bought wine. I think some people think "Ooooh, free wine!" when they come to one of these tastings and don't feel obligated to buy anything. We used to belong to their wine of the month club and that was pretty cool, but I suppose unless you really know a lot about wine and they have really good deals, what's to stop people from buying wine at Costco (which is what I now do). That's a bummer because it was a fun party and seemed like a great idea for a company. Hmmmm, I wonder if my guy is still in it....

:devil:Ok...I need my moment of scharkiness!!:devil: A few years back a consultant that was new but doing good thought about conference but at the last minute her husband said no, he wanted to spend money on something...so her recruiter and I offered to chip in to loan her the money so she could go. You know where this is going!!

I did get some of my money back but very little. She completely stiffed her recruiter. The last I heard when I offered her to do a little payment plan was her words of how owing us weighed on her mind..."this is what keeps me up at night". Must be she hasn't slept a wink in 5 years!!!:D;)

So...she became a TTV consultant within the last year. And she even had the "bolts" to e-vite her recruiter and I to wine tasting party. We considered going, ordering about $400 of wine, taking it and not paying her...claiming that we were even...but I hardly drink at all.

Sorry to say, but I am enjoying a circle coming together...the old "what goes around comes around". And we would love to both call her about this fantastic opportunity that her recruiter and I have continued to enjoy!:party:

Related to Is This the Karma of a Failed TTV Consultant?

1. What is The Traveling Vineyard and what does it mean for it to close its doors?

The Traveling Vineyard was a direct sales company that offered a unique business model of hosting in-home wine tasting events. Closing its doors means that the company has ceased operations and is no longer in business.

2. Why did The Traveling Vineyard fail as a TTV consultant?

The exact reasons for the company's failure are not publicly known. However, as with any business, there could have been a combination of factors such as financial struggles, mismanagement, or changing market trends.

3. What happens to current TTV consultants now that the company has closed?

It is likely that current TTV consultants will need to find new opportunities or businesses to join. They may also have to find a new way to sell the wine they have in their inventory.

4. Is this a common occurrence for direct sales companies like The Traveling Vineyard?

It is not uncommon for direct sales companies to go out of business. The industry can be highly competitive and companies that are unable to adapt to changing market conditions or maintain financial stability may struggle to survive.

5. Can TTV consultants still sell the wine they have in their inventory to recoup their losses?

This will depend on the policies of the company and the terms of their contracts. It is possible that TTV consultants may be able to sell their remaining inventory, but they may also incur losses if they are unable to find buyers for the wine at a profitable price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Carol Jones