• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Pampered Chef a better option than Melaleuca for network marketing?

In summary, all of the above companies are closing or merging. Home & garden Party has bought Home Interiors and Two Sisters Gourmet is merging with Partylite. PC is doing well and they are promising some sweet carrots. LS changed their requirements and are implementing the change June 1st. There is a lot of negativity surrounding these companies.
finley1991
Heard Saturday that Warm Spirit is closed. Closed. No more orders in/out. Done. (And ironically, on their website, they have a link to a fox news clip about how they are *recession proof*!)Also, got a note today from Karan Radcliff that Two Sisters Gourmet and Partylite are merging (whatever that means). They are owned by the same parent company.All of this gives me so much confidence in PC!!!!!

Wow! I should call the folks I know that were dabbling in Warm Spirit....I should call my PL lady and see what's up with that, too....

As a Warren Buffet company, I feel PC is secure....but I still would like to have heard numbers while at Leadership. I know a lot of other DS companies have to be struggling right now (PQ and other luxury items come to mind), so hopefully PC will gain some new consultants with DS experience from these other companies.

DebbieJ said:
Wow! I should call the folks I know that were dabbling in Warm Spirit....

I should call my PL lady and see what's up with that, too....

Couldn't hurt! My FD that was with me at conference called her lady, who is a director with WS, and explained our new career plan and that if she comes over to PC and brings her team, she can (in a few months) make a parallel transition. She's seriously considering it. Oh... and she had about 100 in her WS downline... :)

I'm wondering with the TS & PL thing if they are going to spin it as "this will only make us stronger..."

finley1991 said:
She's seriously considering it. Oh... and she had about 100 in her WS downline... :)
QUOTE]

Holy Smokes Batman! That would add some nice multi-generational growth! ;)

Home Interiors was just bought by Home & garden Party, too!
What is Warm Spirit?? Never heard of it...

legacypc46 said:
finley1991 said:
She's seriously considering it. Oh... and she had about 100 in her WS downline... :)
QUOTE]

Holy Smokes Batman! That would add some nice multi-generational growth! ;)

I'm taking the *I have 100 in my downline* with a grain of salt. Even if she had 1/4 of that... not bad!

SusanBP0129 said:

Skincare and cosmetics

finley1991 said:
Skincare and cosmetics
mostly geared to the African American market, no?

DebbieJ said:
mostly geared to the African American market, no?

Yes and I think maybe for hispanics but am not sure.

SusanBP0129 said:

I have a HI consultant that just signed on with me as she was tired with adding to her kit and then learning the item was d/c. Also, she was upset by the number of back orders, etc.

Now that H&GP has bought them out, they are promising some sweet carrots. I do not know the details but I did tell her that if she did run into people in her HI team that were interested in learning more about PC then I would be glad to help her out.

Her first PC party was barly $150 and I am trying to work on her getting guest lists going. Her next party is not until Feb. 20th. Trying to lead them to the water but they won't drink! :cry:

SusanBP0129 said:

I thought HI was bought by Better Homes and Gardens

Nope. HI had some BH & G items in their line, but recently BH&G pulled out and went to Wal Mart! Home & Garden Party bought them in December, I believe.

UPDATE: Had breakfast with my liasophia friend. I was telling her about our new career plan (she's GOT to come over to the PC side eventually!!!) and she told me that LS changed their requirements and had planned to make the change Jan 1 but there was such an uproar because Jan is their worst month sales-wise so they are implementing the change June 1... from $1500 in personal sales monthly to $2500 in personal sales monthly. She said the feedback from all levels has been really negative because in *this economy*, how can they be expected to sell MORE? So she's not sure what she is going to do.

This all took place over breakfast for me to meet her 8-week old... I played dumb and asked her again about maternity leave (which they don't have) and she talked about how she's just trying to hold everything together at home (she also has a 3.5yo and 2yo) so her biz is really suffering. She made the comment that from what I was telling her about our new career plan that "it looks like PC is really committed to your success as consultants..."

YES they are!!!! Anyway, just thought the changing requirements for them were interesting...

Wow, so much is happening in the Direct Sales world, but as Kris says, with Warren Buffett at the helm, I feel somewhat better.

Has PC ever really shared numbers, etc. to any large extent?

finley1991 said:
UPDATE: they are implementing the change June 1... from $1500 in personal sales monthly to $2500 in personal sales monthly.

Is this "Cluster sales" or personal? PER MONTH???? Yikes!

I spoke to a TS consultant the other day and she said they earn "up to" 36%, but they DO pay $10 for every $100 of show sales for the Host Benefit (the company doesn't pay for the Host Benefit at all. Also, they have to spend on the supplies for their show. They in essence keep 36% of their sales and then the $$ they spend comes out of that. Also, they pay tax on the host gifts, too, if applicable.

It comes out to 25% profit in the long run. You can see the benefit in our plan right there.

jwpamp said:
Is this "Cluster sales" or personal? PER MONTH???? Yikes!
Yes, YIKES! It is PERSONAL sales!

Has anyone heard of Work At Home United? I tried to google them but they are very cryptic as to what their business actually is. They say no deliveries, no inventory, tons of training, etc. but nothing about what it *is*. That always makes me suspicious but I am curious as to a few good former recruit leads of mine are with them and I'm afraid if I ask them what it is they will stalk me! Anyone know?

finley1991 said:
Has anyone heard of Work At Home United? I tried to google them but they are very cryptic as to what their business actually is. They say no deliveries, no inventory, tons of training, etc. but nothing about what it *is*. That always makes me suspicious but I am curious as to a few good former recruit leads of mine are with them and I'm afraid if I ask them what it is they will stalk me! Anyone know?

Someone has that on their siggy on CS. I'll have to see what I can dig up!

finley1991 said:

I think it is Melalucca. I have a friend that did it. Now that sounds like a pyramid. It is a shopping program. You pay $39 or $60 (I can't remember right now) a month from them in household products every month, unless you "recruit" other people to buy the products. Then the amount you HAVE to order each month is adjusted and the more people you "recruit" to buy the more chance that you'll get a commission on what they purchase.

Chef Kearns said:
I think it is Melalucca. Now that sounds like a pyramid.

Sounds like the laxative Metamucil to me!!!:D

This is actually my first post on this side....
I used to do Melaleuca. They have some good products but I couldn't stand their business practices. It's better than Amway and all that business, but not by much. When you sign up, you sign to be a customer until you send them written notification not to be. You spend 35 "points" a month AT LEAST...and if you don't, they send you what's called your "back-up" order and charge your bank account or credit card for it. By the way, 35 points is about $70 after tax and shipping.

After doing Melaleuca "full-time" and the highest check I received was $35, I was absolutely FLOORED to have my first check with Pampered Chef be $300. It sold me for life that PC was definitely the way to go.

I can answer any other questions about Melaleuca and WAHU you may have. And you're right...WAHU is a bunch of Melaleuca people together.

Related to Is Pampered Chef a better option than Melaleuca for network marketing?

1. What are "Other Ds Companies"?

"Other Ds Companies" refers to direct sales companies that are not affiliated with Pampered Chef. These companies also use a direct sales model to sell their products or services, but they are not part of the Pampered Chef brand.

2. How do "Other Ds Companies" differ from Pampered Chef?

Each direct sales company has its own unique products, compensation plan, and business model. While Pampered Chef may specialize in kitchen and cooking products, "Other Ds Companies" may offer a wide range of products such as beauty, health, and wellness items. Additionally, the compensation plans and business models may differ between companies.

3. Can I work for multiple "Other Ds Companies" at the same time as Pampered Chef?

It is possible to work for multiple direct sales companies at the same time, including Pampered Chef and "Other Ds Companies." However, it is important to carefully consider any potential conflicts of interest and adhere to the policies and guidelines set by each company.

4. Are there any benefits to working for "Other Ds Companies" in addition to Pampered Chef?

Working for multiple direct sales companies can provide a diverse range of products and opportunities, as well as potentially increasing your income potential. However, it is important to carefully manage your time and prioritize your business activities to ensure success with each company.

5. How can I find out about other direct sales companies?

There are many resources available to research and learn about "Other Ds Companies." You can attend industry conferences and events, network with other direct sales consultants, and also utilize online resources such as social media and company websites to gather information about potential companies to work with.

Back