• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Baking Chicken at 425 Degrees OK?

In summary, the recipe from the SB says to bake the chicken "uncovered" for 50-60 minutes at 450 degrees. This may account for the higher temperature.
cochef
Gold Member
I have seen some recipes posted here for baking chicken with various ingredients for 1-1/2 hours at 425 degrees. Isn't a bit high - is it ok with the baker? Lots of others are 325 to 375, which seems better.

Hmmm...I would think that would make it hard as a rock! I don't even cook it 30 minutes in the micro from frozen!

There is a recipe in the SB that came out the same time as the DCB - and the temp was that high. It actually worked very well, and I did my chicken that way in the DCB a few times before the 30 Minute Chicken recipe came out.

Here is the recipe I was thinking of - it's from the F/W 2006 SB.

The Pampered Chef ®
Juiciest Roast Chicken
Recipe

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and thyme in Prep Bowl; mix well. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat using Kitchen Shears, if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken.

Brush outside of chicken with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush; coat completely with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, in baker. Roast, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180ºF in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove from oven; let chicken stand 10 minutes before carving.

Yield: 4-6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 50 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 0 g

Thanks for the input. I noticed the recipe from the SB says to bake "uncovered". Wonder if that has something to do with it?

Related to Is Baking Chicken at 425 Degrees OK?

1. Can I bake chicken at 425 degrees without drying it out?

Yes, baking chicken at 425 degrees is a great way to cook it without drying it out. This high temperature allows the chicken to cook quickly and retain its moisture.

2. How long should I bake chicken at 425 degrees?

The cooking time for chicken at 425 degrees will vary depending on the size and type of chicken. As a general rule, boneless chicken breasts should be cooked for 18-20 minutes, while bone-in chicken pieces may need 25-30 minutes.

3. Can I use any type of chicken when baking at 425 degrees?

Yes, you can use any type of chicken for baking at 425 degrees. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as boneless chicken will cook faster than bone-in chicken.

4. Is baking chicken at 425 degrees safe?

Yes, baking chicken at 425 degrees is a safe cooking method. The high temperature helps to kill any harmful bacteria, making it safe to eat once fully cooked.

5. Do I need to preheat the oven to 425 degrees before baking chicken?

Yes, it is important to preheat the oven to 425 degrees before baking chicken. This allows the chicken to cook evenly and ensures that it reaches the proper internal temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• K.Shaffer
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies