• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Anyone Else Having a Hard Time With Bookings? Last Year I Did

they'll host a showMake $$/ I'll offer you a info packet whn you check out.SPEND $/ write the products you want to purchase when they are on sale.
gratergirl
Is anyone else having a hard time with bookings? Last year I did great in January, February and March! I've even called all of my past hosts that are expired or getting ready to expire on their 10% cards! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Have you called all of your maybes and yes's from drawing slips??

Yes and it's been about 3 weeks since my last show.....it's depressing!

I just started back in September...so my customer base is pretty small, and I am over the SS shows and their bookings....and it is slow going for me now too, but I do have a couple more maybes to call back and try to book....Good luck!

I had that problem last year. In Jan, I only had 1 catalog show that closed in Feb., one Feb show, one March, etc. This year I had 7 shows in Jan & I already have 4 for Feb (possibly 5-waiting on date from host). I noticed that most of the Jan shows were booked in Oct or Nov.

Do you do a newsletter? Maybe you could offer an incentive? I'm going to be on vacation next week into the week after, so my first show I could get bookings at is Feb. 17. My first March show is Mar 17, but I want 3 for the 1-15 for the HWC stuff, so I'm going to offer a free new tomato knife to anyone who books off my newsletter for March 1, 3 or 5 AND closes by the 13th (to give me time to get the checks & send the show in). I also have 3 people I need to call for March shows & will probably offer them the same thing if I don't get bites off my newsletter.

Good idea, thanks! I will offer an incentive.

I have all the bookings I can handle now & I think it is a combo of 3 things I do.
I send the invites (I KNOW they have to initially have to write or email the addresses but, they see that as nothing compared to actually preparing the invites) All my invites get a sticker, (bring a friend get a gift, my label with my info & a label with their show info) so they actually are doing as much work that they would do if I just gave them the stack of invites.

I also do the blank index card sprinked thru the demo I ask them to write down: (DO NOT TELL THEM WHY YOU ARE ASKING)
1. list 5 friends who are not partying with us tonight
2. 5 people not written above who have a kitchen
3 favorite beverage ordered at a restaraunt
4 will they order an appetizer, salad, main dish or dessert
5 which product or collection would they really like to own but can not make the purchase this evening?
6 least busy day of the wek for them?
Before I pass out the PDS I tell them they have the first 10 people on their guest list, we know what we are eating & drinking, what they will earn for FREE, and what day of the wek we'll date their party. (I tell them at the beginning I only work Tues. & Thurs & a few weekends) so sometimes they have to readjust their date to MY calendar.
When I pass out DPS I tell them it will tell me what they want from PC

Save $$ w/PC? they'll host a show
Make $$/ I'll offer you a info packet whn you check out
SPEND $/ write the products you want to purchase when they are on sale.
I have coinsistently done all 3 of these for at least 5-6 years & I am now booking my May!!
Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
I also do the blank index card sprinked thru the demo I ask them to write down: (DO NOT TELL THEM WHY YOU ARE ASKING)
5 which product or collection would they really like to own but can not make the purchase this evening?
Before I pass out the PDS I tell them they have the first 10 people on their guest list, we know what we are eating & drinking, what they will earn for FREE, and what day of the wek we'll date their party. (I tell them at the beginning I only work Tues. & Thurs & a few weekends) so sometimes they have to readjust their date to MY calendar.

I have coinsistently done all 3 of these for at least 5-6 years & I am now booking my May!!
Teresa

This seems like a great idea! Do you do this with repeat customers as well? Have you heard any negative feedback about it? Thanks!

Teresa Lynn said:

Teresa

I love this idea thank you so much for sharing. I am going to start doing this at my shows.

Tracy

Yes, thanks a lot! I will definitely use that idea at my shows! You're brilliant!

I have a lot of repeats and no one ever has complained (or not played along)

I alos mention early on in the show I take my dishes home dirty. So they don't get in the mindset that I'll be at their home all night if they host a show.
Teresa

Yes, I take the dishes home and announce that too. I tell them that all that they do is invite the guest....I do the rest! Even my own dishes at MY house!

I love this idea, thanks for sharing!

Related to Is Anyone Else Having a Hard Time With Bookings? Last Year I Did

1. Is it normal to have a hard time with bookings in the beginning?

Yes, it is common for new consultants to experience challenges with booking parties. It takes time and effort to build relationships and establish a strong customer base. Don't get discouraged and continue to reach out to potential hosts.

2. What are some strategies for increasing bookings?

There are many ways to increase bookings, such as hosting your own parties, offering incentives for hosts, reaching out to your network, utilizing social media, and attending events or fairs. Consider brainstorming with your team or attending training sessions for more ideas.

3. How can I overcome objections when asking for bookings?

First, listen to the objection and acknowledge their concerns. Then, offer solutions such as hosting a catalog party or co-hosting with a friend to make it easier for them. You can also remind them of the great host rewards they can earn and the fun they will have with their friends.

4. What should I do if I have a slow booking month?

Don't panic! Slow months happen to everyone. Use this time to focus on other aspects of your business, such as customer follow-ups, product training, and marketing. You can also offer limited-time promotions or discounts to entice potential hosts.

5. How can I track my bookings and measure my progress?

There are various ways to track your bookings, such as using a physical planner, a digital spreadsheet, or the Pampered Chef booking app. You can also set monthly or quarterly goals for yourself and track your progress towards those goals. Don't forget to celebrate your successes along the way!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedMommy2
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Karen Weber