• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Successfully Book Pampered Chef Shows During Tough Economic Times?

In summary, the expert says that the economy is a good thing for their business because people are eating at home more and want to find economical recipes and tools to continue to make food at home. They also say that when people are hesitant to book a show, they suggest referring them to other PC Lady shows. The expert also shares that people are still spending money, but are wiser in their choices. They also say that they offer people kitchen essentials such as pots and pans, and that eating out is not as popular as it used to be.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I am really having a hard time getting bookings- everyone tells me their circle of friends/family are broke, and they don't want to host a show where they are asking others to spend $. Does anyone have a good response to this? The last 2 people I've signed are getting really discouraged for the same reason....any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

I really use the economy to my advantage. We have Izzy's pizza that just closed and two family restaurants that were town favorites all close. More people are eating at home and wanting to find economical recipes and tools to continue to make food at home to save money. I myself used to go out to eat more than 3x a week with my family. We rarely go out now. I find that most people are not buying just to buy out of obligation, but are buying things they truly needed. I let my potential hosts know this. It's also a great thing to share with potential recruits. I also make my shows a "party" environment. People are really wanting to have "cheap" entertainment. A night out with friends is fun. Ask for referrals. I usually have 3-4 bookings from a show. I started doing Lockhart Bucks that guests can earn, and a box game that gets my bookings. (See a former thread about this). I made sure that I let everyone know about the wedding registry and ask for referrals as they talk to people about their products. It's the fun they'll have at your show, that they will want and let others know about you. I am stepping out of my circle and find business all around me. Wear a PC shirt or carry a catalog bag. I went to the chiropractor and his wife saw my shirt. She wanted to order two stones! The clerk at the grocery store saw my bag and we started talking. Talk to everyone about PC. You will find they will come to you. I know things can seem bleak sometimes. You have to tell yourself that you WILL find bookings.

I tell people who give the the 'all my friends are broke' line that I know the premis of the party is for people to spend money. But that is not what I am about, I'm not in this to get rich, I'm in this to help people. Discuss the Power Cooking shows and how they can tell their friends to come, have fun, eat a free, yummy meal and learn new tricks. If they have been to one of my parties they know I'm a very soft sell.
In my intro at my parties I always say, "Whether you guys buy something tonight or not I am now your PC Lady. If you need a recipe idea or a kitchen tip, please call me. I have a HUGE community to turn to for the answer (you guys) and I am happy to help you in any way that I can."
Mind you I have some really small shows - $200 to $250, but they are steppinn stones to my big shows $800 to $1000.
I also tell my reluctant hosts that it's a numbers game. If they give me 40 names (I tell them to include out-of-town family and friends who can order on my PWS) then they will have 12-15 guests. With that many people ordering it's OK if everyone wants to spend only $25 bucks.

Good luck!

Yes, yes! I love that you start your shows this way. Now they know you are in the business of helping others! This is what it's all about! When we change our focus from 'I need to make some money to pay xxxx' to 'how can I help you' people see that we are truly and sincerely there to help THEM. In return, our shows will gradually get larger, people feel confident and will book and buy from someone who 'helps' them! What a concept! :~D

These are really good ideas! I love the "cheap entertainment", and also Crystal's intro! The teaching people how to cook cheaply and quickly is great too. My director has been telling me to take the "please help me out, this is my situation" route, but I feel like that's begging, and I don't want mercy shows....LOL I want these shows to be truly all about helping them in these times!

I just got back from Spring training and they had some good thoughts:
- people haven't stopped spending money - they are just more wise in their choices

- we offer people kitchen ESSENTIALS

- eating out is 16 times more expensive than eating at home

- re-position yourself - change/promote your services to fit the needs of your customers

- know your top 10 items - you can figure out the needs of a certain group of customers

- even in stressful times - people STILL need some fun!

- remember to educate as well as entertain people at your show

HTH!

1. Why is cooking always such a hassle?

Cooking can be a hassle for a variety of reasons. It could be due to lack of time, not having the right tools and equipment, or simply not knowing where to start. But with the right tools and techniques, cooking can be an enjoyable and stress-free experience.

2. How can I make meal prep easier?

Meal prep can be made easier by using tools such as a food chopper, vegetable peeler, and a good set of knives. These tools can help save time and effort when preparing ingredients. Additionally, planning out meals for the week and prepping ingredients in advance can also make meal prep less daunting.

3. What are some essential kitchen tools for beginners?

As a beginner, it's important to have a set of basic kitchen tools such as a chef's knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a non-stick skillet. These tools will help you with a variety of tasks in the kitchen and can be used for a wide range of recipes.

4. How can I save time and effort in the kitchen?

One way to save time and effort in the kitchen is by using multi-functional tools, such as a food processor or immersion blender. These tools can help with tasks like chopping, blending, and pureeing, saving you time and effort. Another tip is to use pre-cut or pre-prepared ingredients when possible.

5. How do I know which kitchen tools are worth investing in?

Investing in quality kitchen tools can make a big difference in your cooking experience. Look for tools that are durable and versatile, and that will help you save time and effort in the kitchen. It's also helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from experienced cooks to determine which tools are worth investing in.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
Replies
Views
Admin Greg