• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Catalog Show the Best Way to Kick Off My Business?

see something in person. So, even though they can't see it in person, having the catalog on hand might entice them to book the show. I also think that a catalog show gives you a better idea of what your product looks like and the quality. If you are unsure about the quality or how your product will look, having a catalog on hand gives you a better idea of what to expect. Overall, I think a catalog show is a great way to get started. Just be sure to do your research and plan the show well in order to get the most out of it.
VSaracino
So I decided I am going to have a Catalog show to try and kick off my business, however I have a concern. Have you guys ever found that you have trouble getting bookings from a catalog show?

I am worried that everyone will be turned off to the idea since they will just be purchasing something from my catalog show. I would love my opening show to be a good kickoff to more bookings, but I feel that a catalog show would be retroactive in this case.

Does anyone think that a catalog show is a BAD idea to start?

I live in a small studio apartment so hosting my own show to start is pretty much out of the question unfortunately.

Any input is much appreciated!

Vince...can you "borrow" someone else's house for a show? Use your church's basement?

I think that having an actual show would be more beneficial (as in, getting more bookings to get your business rolling...sales are usually much higher at an actual show as well)

That being said, if you need to do the catty show- it's still sales and it will still count towards you qualifying!

I tried looking around for another house as it were, but no dice :/ So I think I'm still going to definitely go with the catty show.

Another question about the catty show(and actually just self hosting in general).

IF I open the show tonight(9/30) before midnight... do I have until the end of October to close the show? i.e. Am I able to get the September host special for myself if I do this?? I like Executive cookware :D .

And am I able to use the money I earn towards free products on the host specials, no matter the month??

Yes- as long as you have a date of September on the catalog show, you can get the September host special. The guests will have to get the September specials - they have to match the host special. And you'll have until the end of October to get it turned in.
You can not use the earned free product value towards half-price or host bonus purchases.

Ok great, thanks so much Kelly and Ann for the quick responses!I've been here for like, 3 days, and I've already had more response to my postings than any other forum I've ever been at, hah!Thanks again girls =)

I am sure you might have thought of this but for locations since it sounds like a friend or family member doesn't have a location where you could have your kick off show - what about a room at a church, library, extra room at business or restaurant? Did you check into a club house or room at the apartment complex? Some clubs have a room like the a legions club, Kiwannas, etcs - check one of those places.

I know some of these locations may not allow the food or selling things but it might be worth a try.

At any rate you are on track with at least doing the catalog show. Just make sure you communicate to everyone that it is the start of your business and you are looking forward to getting bookings. Don't hesitate to ask everyone - orders or not. You would do that at a show anyway.

Hi Vince!

I have done shows in very small spaces before. One of the host lived in an extremely small home and she had 20 guests there.

I have also heard of Consultants doing shows in dorm rooms. You just don't get much smaller than that!

If you can hold the show at your apartment (people sitting on the floor is acceptable or maybe have a "bring your own chair" party), I would almost be willing to bet you would get several bookings. Many times guests think they cannot hold a show because their home or apartment is too small. After going to a show at your apartment, they might feel better about hosting at their own home.

Just something to think about...

Lisa

I agree with Lisa. I have yet to find a space too small for a party. The crowd actually creates a fun, party atmosphere that would make guests feel like they are in THE place to be for the evening.

If you don't want to have it at your place, I would ask people to host. If they say "no" or "not now" then I would give the the catalog to see if they want to purchase something. The catalog show would be secondary to getting bookings - in my opinion.

Vince - in reply to your first post......

Yes, it is more difficult to get bookings from a catalog show - but not impossible!

What you have to realize is that people usually won't book a show until they see the value of a show. If they aren't coming to a Cooking Show, then you will have to paint a picture for them of how amazing it will be for them to host their own show. Let them know all they will get for hosting, and how much fun it will be.....and of course, you will need to ASK EVERYONE! You cannot rely on them just checking off the little box saying they are interested in hosting - VERY RARELY will people do that!

HTH!

When asking people to order on your catalog show tell them you are starting your PC business and let them know the benefits of doing a show. Ask them for the show. If they say no THEN ask them for orders on your catalog show. Don't forget to also ask for referrals.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!Maybe I'll just go and host a show at my place and see. I like using my own stove anyway, hah! If people think its' too crammed well... I can suggest that they host their own and we can fit everyone more comfortably! Thanks again for all the input folks.

Vince - whatever you decide, priint out the flyers of the host specials for the next few months, that way when you are talking about the benefits of hosting a show, you have those to show. I always have them in my host packets.

If you really are considering having the show in you apt, make it a "floating type open house".....meaning guests come between 2 and 5 for instance. That way everyone is not in your apt at the same time. Have a few recipes already prepared that you can bring out at different times if you need too such as dips that can stay warm in the oven or quickly microwave, or things that can simply be eaten at room temp.

Good Luck!

Great tips Cindy, thanks!

1. What does "Have a Little Dilemma Here" mean?

"Have a Little Dilemma Here" is a phrase commonly used in Pampered Chef parties to introduce a product or cooking technique that may seem complicated or intimidating at first, but is actually easy and delicious once you try it.

2. How can I overcome my cooking dilemmas?

At Pampered Chef, we believe in providing simple and practical solutions to everyday cooking dilemmas. Our products and recipes are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable for everyone, regardless of skill level.

3. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer to help with cooking dilemmas?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets that are specifically designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier. From our popular knives and cookware to our unique cooking accessories, we have something for every cooking dilemma.

4. Are there any cooking techniques that can help with common dilemmas?

Yes, Pampered Chef also offers a variety of cooking techniques and tips to help with common dilemmas. Our consultants are trained to teach you how to use our products in different ways to save time and effort in the kitchen.

5. Can I host a party to learn more about "Have a Little Dilemma Here" and other Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to learn about "Have a Little Dilemma Here" and other products while having fun with your friends and family. Our consultants will demonstrate our products and techniques and provide tips and tricks to make your cooking experience easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
Replies