• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is $500 Enough for My Trip? Tips for Budgeting and Spending Wisely

In summary, if you are a shopper you may want to add a few hundred more, but that would be more than enough if you are not a shopper. You need cash for cabs and tips. Other than that everyone takes plastic.
redsoxgirl
I'm planning on bring $500 (it's a debit card so I can do creit or take cash out).
Is that enough for everything???

It should be. Food, cabs (possibly), goodies. IF you are a shopper you may want to add a few hundred more, but that would be more than enough if you are not a shopper.

I only carry like 100 in cash and I use plastic for everything else.

You need cash for cabs and tips. Other than that everyone takes plastic.

I buy way too much and I have never come close to spending $500 at conference - including meals.

I would take some actual cash with you for cab fare to the hotel/any tips on the first day. Otherwise that is way more than enough... Unless you go crazy shopping! :)

BethCooks4U said:
You need cash for cabs and tips. Other than that everyone takes plastic.

I buy way too much and I have never come close to spending $500 at conference - including meals.

Me either! Unless that $500 is also paying for your hotel and conference registration. But then, I don't shop, other than right at the conference with a few Merrill items. I don't have time, because I arrive the morning of conference, and leave as soon as conference is over.

I brought $300 last year which paid for almost everything including the hotel. I did buy a couple shirts from Merrill on my cc.

I agree, that should be more than plenty.

it should be plenty unless you are registering on site and paying for your hotel.

I already paid for registration, but I do need to pay for my hotel.
Maybe I'll bring my personal card just in case ;)

You should be good! I spend extra at conference (like choosing WHATEVER I want at dinners out, buying lots at Merrill since I can try it on and see the quality, etc.) to make it special for me! Including registration, hotel, travel, etc. I think the most I ever spent was $600.

BTW- I wanted to mention that I can just "hear" the excitement in your posts and I am looking forward to seeing your "I had so much fun and learned so much at conference" post when you get home!! lol

ChefBeckyD said:
Me either! Unless that $500 is also paying for your hotel and conference registration. But then, I don't shop, other than right at the conference with a few Merrill items. I don't have time, because I arrive the morning of conference, and leave as soon as conference is over.

I totally agree with ChefBeckyD! :love:

I was planning on the same amount so it's good to know I should be fine. Thanks to everyone for the tips on cash for cabs and other various items. Hopefully, I won't go crazy buying stuff at conference! :)

If you do... send it via UPS! It is far less of a pain than carrying it!

KellyTheChef said:
You should be good! I spend extra at conference (like choosing WHATEVER I want at dinners out, buying lots at Merrill since I can try it on and see the quality, etc.) to make it special for me! Including registration, hotel, travel, etc. I think the most I ever spent was $600.

BTW- I wanted to mention that I can just "hear" the excitement in your posts and I am looking forward to seeing your "I had so much fun and learned so much at conference" post when you get home!! lol

Me, too--except the "buying lots at Merrill" part. I don't usually buy a lot of stuff, just a shirt or something.

I've got less than $200 in cash to bring. (Good thing PC will pay us the day before we leave or I wouldn't even have that!) My hotel is paid for so I'm sure I should be fine. I'm thinking of bringing $50 or so in cash and use it in plastic form for everything else ... but of course, I'd have to pay a fee if I used their ATM's there! The bank has "national" in its name but ya think they have one outside of Ohio?

Last year was my first year ever. I took like $300 and had some left. We are staying at the Sheraton. Does anyone know how much rooms are there? That way I know how much I have to save right away. I tried to be really good and not buy stuff from Merrill on an impulse. I tend to be a bit impulsive! Bring lots of snackies with, that saves money on veding machines. I am also bringing a jug of pre-made margaritas and putting it in the fridge. that will save me money in the bar! I don't get our often, I have to take advantage of it when I can!!!

LOVE the margarita mix idea (would probably buy it there though.......seems there's a Walgreens or similar on every corner.) Does the Sheraton have a fridge in the rooms? Last year at PH we didn't have one.

You guys have me excited about conference and I am not even going! Maybe next year.

I received a $50 blessing today with a note to buy myself something special in Chicago. Sweet!

$500????? Wow, I'm hanging out with YOU!!!!!! I bring $100 and that's it - oh, and I do get to pick up my $300 Visa from PC on day 1!! :D Oh, I just realized that makes it $400, so guess I don't have room to talk, huh??:eek:

straitfan said:
LOVE the margarita mix idea (would probably buy it there though.......seems there's a Walgreens or similar on every corner.) Does the Sheraton have a fridge in the rooms? Last year at PH we didn't have one.

Yes, when I've stayed at the Sheraton in the past all of the rooms had refrigerators.

raebates said:
I received a $50 blessing today with a note to buy myself something special in Chicago. Sweet!

Awwww...did the Furry Guy leave you that, or your secret admirer?:eek:

I was planning on bringing $500 and hoping to spend less... sounds like I will. I like Kelly's idea of ordering whatever I want when we go out to eat! I am also bringing snacks so I don't have to buy as much food.

KellyTheChef said:
Awwww...did the Furry Guy leave you that, or your secret admirer?:eek:

Neither. It was a family member who wanted to give me a blessing. :D

raebates said:
Neither. It was a family member who wanted to give me a blessing. :D

That's so great! It actually sounded like something your DH would do...he is such a sweetie!

Related to Is $500 Enough for My Trip? Tips for Budgeting and Spending Wisely

1. Is $500 enough for a trip?

It depends on where you are going and how long you will be staying. $500 may be enough for a weekend trip to a nearby city, but it may not be enough for a week-long international vacation. It's important to research the cost of transportation, accommodations, and activities in your desired destination to determine if $500 is enough for your trip.

2. How can I budget my trip with $500?

Start by creating a list of all the expenses you will have on your trip, such as transportation, accommodations, food, and activities. Then, prioritize which expenses are most important to you and allocate your budget accordingly. Look for budget-friendly options for transportation and accommodations, and consider cooking some of your meals instead of dining out every day.

3. What are some ways to save money while traveling with a $500 budget?

There are many ways to save money while traveling on a budget. Look for deals and discounts on flights and accommodations, opt for public transportation instead of taxis, and eat at local markets or street food stalls instead of expensive restaurants. Additionally, consider free or low-cost activities such as hiking, visiting museums on free days, or exploring a city by foot.

4. Should I bring cash or use a credit card for my $500 budget?

It's always a good idea to have a mix of cash and credit cards while traveling. Some places may only accept cash, so it's important to have some on hand. However, using a credit card can be more convenient and may offer rewards or travel benefits. Just make sure to keep track of your spending and stay within your budget.

5. What should I do if I go over my $500 budget during my trip?

If you find yourself going over your budget during your trip, don't panic. Look for ways to cut back on expenses, such as cooking more meals instead of eating out, or finding free activities. You can also try to negotiate prices for accommodations or activities. If necessary, you can also consider using a credit card or borrowing money from a friend or family member to cover any unexpected expenses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
trps
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223