• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I still withdraw money from my debit card if there's not enough funds?

In summary, the bank is trying to withdraw money from your debit card, but there isn't enough money in there. You can call them and ask them to run it again, but they may charge you additional fees.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
What does PC do when they try to withdraw money from your debit card and there isn't enough money in there?

I went to deposit money from a show the other day and I couldn't find my PC account card to make the deposit at the ATM (it was in my purse the whole time...) so I just deposited it into my regular checking account, and then was going to transfer it to the PC account.

Well, I got busy, life moved on, and I forgot.

So, they tried to debit it yesterday and it was like $198.00 short. What happens now? Do they try again? Do I go on a bad list?

Jean

You can call the home office and ask them to run it again. They'll typically do that while you're waiting on the phone.

Jean, I found this smiley just for you.
a_upsidedown.gif

omg.

I love that smiley.

It's too bad I'm too dolt-y to figure out how to make it my avatar.

Jean DeVries said:
omg.

I love that smiley.

It's too bad I'm too dolt-y to figure out how to make it my avatar.
No! We love your picture!

Make a signature and put it in there...

So I called them, and they said they'll go through and try to take it again in 3-7 days.

Of course, they also told me that they tried to get it on the 7th, even though my bank shows the 11th. So I'm not sure who knows the right answer....

Sounds like somebody is upside down.

And on top of everything else, my bank jacked me for $66 in overdraft fees.

Because not only did I have a show try to withdraw, there was a replacement part for $7.95 that tried to go through on the same day. Of course, the bank debits the highest amount first, and then takes all the rest. To which I replied to the nice customer service associate, "Well, of course. Otherwise you wouldn't get as many overdraft fees."

Her response made me laugh, because I work with Customer Service so I'm fully aware of all of the BS lines we feed customers to convince them that our profitmongering is for their own good. She said, "No, we do it that way because, for example, if you have a mortgage payment and groceries trying to pay on the same day, and you only have enough for the mortgage, that is more important than the groceries, so we pay that." Let me get this straight...you try to make the biggest payment first, rather than whatever payments will fit with whatever money I have in there for my own good?

Aside from oil, banks really are the last great monopoly allowed to, pardon my frankness, bend you over the counter with little regulation. Oh wait. Credit cards too :)

Mind you, I fully realize this is my fault. I accept full responsibility for it, because I was the one who didn't transfer the money when I should have. I just hate it that they can punish you so violently. Needless to say, I signed up for overdraft protection on that account. And cleaned out my purse :)

... and looked in the ashtray in the car and under the couch cushions...

...and then hint to the customer no-service rep that you're going to go open an account at a bank across town.Although, gaining new customers means so much more to those idiots than losing an existing one - a philosophy I've never been able to fathom.

Same stupid line of thinking that drives HR departments to persue recruiting new employees rather than retention of the ones you already have!

We all do these things!! I think I pay someone's yearly salary with all the overdraft fees I've racked up!! I hate the banks! I really hate it when I get an overdraft fee for a 2-3 $ purchase, especially when it's just .75 short. I think they should have a scale, like if the overdraft is 1-10 then charge a certain amount and then go up, but, they wouldn't make as much money if they did it that way. I do however take all responsibility when these happen, it just chaps my bridges!!!:D

Until there is a consumer revolt, it will keep up.

Ooh! I can be revolting!

(A revolt would be much easier if we reinstituted the barter system as a way of paying for things. And oil would be cheaper :)

Here's a great tip that I learned the hard way. My bank has a service that allows you to connect your savings account to your checking account if you happen to go over, the bank will automatically pull out $100 increments to cover you for only a $3 fee. I'd rather pay $3 than the regular fees. This saved me last month when I forgot to get money from DH to cover the groceries I bought. Although I went the day it happened to deposit money so the "transfer" didn't even have to go through. But I like having the safety net just in case. Check with your bank to see if they have something similar just in case.

Jean DeVries said:
Ooh! I can be revolting!

(A revolt would be much easier if we reinstituted the barter system as a way of paying for things. And oil would be cheaper :)
"Revolting" is when you don't pay your electric bill and the electric company cuts off your power.

After you pay up, they reconnect you and that's "re-volting."

wadesgirl said:
Here's a great tip that I learned the hard way. My bank has a service that allows you to connect your savings account to your checking account if you happen to go over, the bank will automatically pull out $100 increments to cover you for only a $3 fee. I'd rather pay $3 than the regular fees. This saved me last month when I forgot to get money from DH to cover the groceries I bought. Although I went the day it happened to deposit money so the "transfer" didn't even have to go through. But I like having the safety net just in case. Check with your bank to see if they have something similar just in case.

Yea, my bank can link a checking account to one of their credit cards, so when you overdraw the checking account, they put it on the credit card. I think they charge like $6 or something, and then whatever the interest rate on the credit card is.

I know this because I have this protection on my regular checking account. I've only had to use it once, and I paid it off the next day with the money that should have been in my account.

So, I'm kind of a double-dolt because I had it on my other account, but never thought of getting it on the PC one :eek:

BTW, I finally got through to someone at my bank who said that they paid the debit, and then charged me the money for the overdraft. I don't overdraw my account ever like this, so I didn't realize they paid it to PC.

I would have thought at least one of the 4 people I've talked to at PC about this today could have told me, "Why are you calling? You're paid in full."

Huh.

I feel your pain, I have not been happy with my bank either!!

What is the Pampered Chef "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotion?

The "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef where customers can receive a free product or discount with their purchase of a certain amount. It is a limited time offer and changes periodically.

How do I redeem my "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotion?

To redeem your "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotion, simply add the qualifying products to your cart and the free product or discount will automatically be applied at checkout. Make sure to check the terms and conditions of the promotion for any exclusions or limitations.

Can I combine multiple "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotions?

No, only one "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotion can be applied per order. If you have multiple promotions, choose the one that gives you the best value for your purchase.

Do I need a promo code for the "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotion?

No, promo codes are not required for the "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotion. The free product or discount will automatically be applied at checkout as long as you have met the qualifying requirements.

How often do "Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotions change?

"Ok, I'm a Dolt....." promotions change periodically and the availability may vary by location. Make sure to check the Pampered Chef website or with your consultant for the latest promotions and dates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Rebeccascabinet
  • ElizabethPurvis
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
RebelChef