• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Invite Your Friends to Participate in the HWC Program!

all while helping to raise money for breast cancer awareness. Last year, the campaign raised more than $875,000 from Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser Shows and special pink-themed product sales.
RMDave
Gold Member
Does anybody have a well written, concise and effective sample email that can be sent to hosts, guests and everybody else you know explaining the HWC program and inviting them to participate?

I don't care about graphics and ribbons ... as Joe Friday used to say (please don't tell me you don't know who Joe Friday is/was) "Just the facts" written in a compelling manner that will actually get people to log into my website (or call me) and spend/donate $$$.

I appreciate any help you can give.

I don't have an email, but have you considered borrowing some of the wording from the press release on CC?

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/public_comm/whip_cancer/prerelease.tpc?id=51

CELEBRATE THE WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE THIS MAY TO HELP WHIP CANCER
Join The Pampered Chef® to Raise Funds for the Fight Against Breast Cancer

Woodstock, GA April 6, 2010 — With more than 2.5 million breast cancers survivors in the U.S. today, The Pampered Chef, in collaboration with the American Cancer Society®, is honoring women everywhere by raising funds for education and early detection programs through its Help Whip Cancer campaign.

This May, in honor of Mother's Day, The Pampered Chef invites people to celebrate mothers, sisters and friends by hosting a Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser Cooking Show. Guests can taste delicious, affordable recipes and receive valuable cooking tips while raising money for breast cancer awareness and early detection. Up to 25 percent of total Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser Show sales will be contributed to the American Cancer Society to help save lives from breast cancer.

People can also Help Whip Cancer by purchasing pink limited-edition kitchen tools from The Pampered Chef through the month of May. One dollar from every pink item purchased will go to the American Cancer Society. The limited-edition products include: Pink & White Dots Martini Glasses, Pink Color-Coated Tomato Knife, Pink & White Twixit! Clip Combo Pack, Help Whip Cancer Reusable Shopping Bag and Sweet Honey Vanilla Sprinkle, which is a delicious topper on cookies, cupcakes, pancakes and even grilled fruit.

Since Help Whip Cancer began in 2000, The Pampered Chef has raised more than $7.9 million for the American Cancer Society. Last year, the campaign raised more than $875,000 from Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser Shows and special pink-themed product sales.

“Through Pampered Chef Fundraisers and pink product purchases, people can help save lives by raising funds and awareness for breast cancer this May," says Scott Bennett, national vice president of marketing for the American Cancer Society. "With the continued efforts of The Pampered Chef, we are getting closer to a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays.”

The Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of kitchen tools. Its independent consultants provide recipes, tools and tips for quick and simple food preparation. To support breast cancer awareness this May, try this new pink dessert that is sure to get everyone asking for seconds.

Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake
5 drops red food coloring
1 pkg (16 oz or 430 g) angel food cake mix
3 lemons
2 cups (500 mL) powdered sugar
2 cups (500 mL) thawed frozen fat-free whipped topping
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). For cake, add food coloring to amount of water specified on package. Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour batter into Rectangular Baker. Bake on center rack 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown, cracked and center is slightly sunken. (Do not under bake.) Remove baker from oven; invert onto Stackable Cooling Rack. Without removing baker, let stand until completely cool (about 1 1/2 hours).
2 Poke holes in cake about 1½ in. (4 cm) deep and ½ in. (1 cm) apart with large fork. Zest lemons using Zester/Scorer to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL) zest. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/3 cup (75 mL) juice. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sugar, juice and zest; whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over cake, spreading evenly. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
3 Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Garnish each serving with whipped topping; top with raspberries.
Yield: 15 servings

U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 52 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber 1 g U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 1/2 fruit, 1 starch (3 1/2 carb)

For More Information
For more information about Help Whip Cancer, hosting a Fundraiser Cooking Show or purchasing Help Whip Cancer products please call [your name], [your title] for The Pampered Chef, at [your phone number].

# # #

NOTE TO PRESS: For high-res image requests, email [email protected].

About The Pampered Chef
The Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high quality kitchen tools and part of Berkshire Hathaway. At in-home Cooking Shows, guests see and try products, prepare and sample recipes, and learn quick and easy food preparation techniques and tips on how to entertain with style and ease — transforming the simple to the spectacular. For more information call 1-800-266-5562 or visit [PC website].

The Pampered Chef and Help Whip Cancer are registered trademarks.

Not sure if the recipe is quite necessary, but it pretty much covers the basics of the campaign. The form on CC plugs in your own info.

Yeah. Thanks Noora. I find it wordy and uninspiring. I'll play with it and see where it takes me.You're a doll.

It is a press release, but at least you have something to start with :)

Yep. Since I taught Promotion and Marketing for 15 years on the University level, let me say this: "Its a boring press release." Like most I've seen from HO, they have no human interest or life beyond it being an obvious promotional piece.I really am looking for something short and sweet that will compel people to participate. I have a few weeks to work on it. I just was hoping that I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.I'm surprised that H.O. Doesn't have (yet) a flyer that can be mailed out to hosts, guests, friends ... perhaps they'll develop it before May 1. :)Hugs!

Dave,

This is the info from the ACS press release for Help Whip Cancer.

This May, The Pampered Chef, in collaboration with the American Cancer Society®, is honoring women everywhere by raising funds for education and early detection programs through its Help Whip Cancer campaign.

This year, the Help Whip Cancer pink limited-edition kitchen tools available only through an independent Pampered Chef consultant May 1-31 are as follows: Pink & White Dots Martini Glasses, Pink Color-Coated Tomato Knife, Pink & White Twixit! Clip Combo Pack, Help Whip Cancer Reusable Shopping Bag and Sweet Honey Vanilla Sprinkle. One dollar, as well as up to 25% from the Fundraiser Cooking shows, from every pink item purchased will go towards breast cancer education and early detection programs at the American Cancer Society.

"Through Pampered Chef Fundraisers and pink product purchases, people can help save lives by raising funds and awareness for breast cancer this May," says Scott Bennett, national vice president of marketing for the American Cancer Society. "With the continued efforts of The Pampered Chef, we are getting closer to a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays.”

Not sure if this is what u are looking for!

That's much better, Kisha. Thanks so much. I'll work with it.

No problem...you are very welcome!

What is the HWC Program?

The HWC Program is an exclusive program offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to earn rewards and discounts by hosting cooking parties and inviting their friends to participate.

How do I invite my friends to participate?

You can invite your friends by hosting a cooking party and providing them with a link to your unique HWC Program page. They can then use that link to join and start earning rewards.

What kind of rewards can I earn?

As a host of a cooking party, you can earn free products, discounts, and special offers based on the total sales from your party. You can also earn rewards by referring your friends to join the HWC Program.

Do my friends need to make a purchase for me to earn rewards?

No, your friends do not need to make a purchase for you to earn rewards. Simply inviting them to join the HWC Program through your unique link will earn you rewards.

Is there a limit to the number of friends I can invite or rewards I can earn?

There is no limit to the number of friends you can invite or rewards you can earn through the HWC Program. The more friends you invite, the more rewards you can earn!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg