• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive Cooking: Have You Tried Getting Guests Involved in the Recipe?

M
maughlinsmith
I want to get my guests more involved by allowing them to each do part of the recipe. My thought was to give each person or team a tool and ingredient and simultaneously allow everyone to do their part. Once that is done, I would proceed with completing the recipe. Has anyone ever done anything like this? I would appreciate your guidance...

Maxine Smith

Best way to sell!I have been doing "hands-on" shows for years. Letting the guests touch the products and use them makes for higher sales. The way I do it is to simply ask for volunteers. OR I will go throught the tools I will be using and ask if anyone here is interested in using that tool in todays recipe so they can see how it really works! I usually always get takers and it is very rare if I don't sell that product(s) to at least the person demoing the item.
You could also do a team thing. If you have a recipe that needs to be done in several steps, simply break up into several groups and each group does part of the recipe. The big thing about an interactive show in any way shape or form is this, MAKE SURE YOUR HOSTS KNOW AT THE FIRST PHONE CALL that this is how you do your shows. There won't be any surprises then.

Thanks John. I think getting guests more involved would just HAVE to help sales but I'm very new and just figuring out what works for me. So, I'll take all the help and suggestions I can get.

Maxine Smith

re: Interactive shows...how I do this is I do my show, I take extra say apples, and then the guests come to the table and take turns chopping, cutting, etc. Seems to do the job as well.

I even use the family qsp, then I have a member of the audience come up and use that to mix the beverage, I usually sell a few family qsp this way too.

Good Luck;

Liz

ps: It's always been a lot of fun too! That along with the Queen of Shopper's.

, I love your idea of getting guests involved in the recipe! It's a great way to not only make the cooking experience more fun, but also to get everyone engaged and learning new skills. I have done something similar in the past and it was a huge hit with my guests. One tip I have is to make sure you have clear instructions and guidelines for each person or team, so that everyone knows exactly what they need to do and when. It also helps to have a few extra tools and ingredients on hand, just in case someone needs a little extra help or something goes wrong. Overall, I highly recommend trying this interactive cooking approach and I'm sure your guests will love it too! Let me know how it goes. Happy cooking!

1. How can I get my guests more involved in the cooking process?

One way to involve your guests in the cooking process is by assigning each person or team a specific task or ingredient to work with. This allows everyone to contribute and be a part of creating the final dish.

2. How does interactive cooking work?

In interactive cooking, each person or team is given a specific role or task to complete in the recipe. This allows everyone to participate and collaborate in the cooking process, making it a fun and engaging experience for all.

3. Is it possible to do interactive cooking with a large group?

Yes, it is possible to do interactive cooking with a large group. You can assign tasks or ingredients to smaller teams within the group, making it easier to manage and ensuring that everyone gets a chance to participate.

4. Has anyone tried interactive cooking before?

Yes, there are many people who have tried interactive cooking before. It is a popular way to get everyone involved and engaged in the cooking process, especially for group gatherings or events.

5. Are there any tips for successfully implementing interactive cooking?

Some tips for successfully implementing interactive cooking include assigning tasks or ingredients beforehand, having all necessary tools and ingredients ready, and providing clear instructions for each person or team. It can also be helpful to have a designated person overseeing the overall cooking process to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
Replies
Views
buddy5909
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Shows