• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive Cooking Show Stations: A Guide to Notecards and More

In summary, Cathy provides a summary of what she does for an interactive show. She has guests gather around the table and provide instructions. She sets up the table with ingredients and products used in the recipe and starts the show. She talks about quick intros, reads the recipe step by step, and jokes around while the guests chop, stir, and slice. After the recipe is finished, she takes orders and goes home.
jenh
I have seen something about a consultant who has stations set up for guests at their interactive cooking show. Could someone help me by showing what they do for station notecards:confused: . I'm embarassed by this:blushing: and any help would be appreciated.

I have a show this evening for my cousin. She had a show about 2 years ago and has asked for this one. She has 15 guests coming and when I mentioned about interactive shows she said "how about stations" set up for the guests to try different things. SHe mentioned this last night so not much time to organize "stations" but very interesting. She also has a few outside orders and menitoned friends were interested in knives. I am hoping for a few bookings one for Apr, May and June :>)
Cathy

If you go to "SEARCH" and type in "INTERACTIVE DEMOS" or "INTERACTIVE" there are a few threads on this. I started one called "MY 1st INTERACTIVE DEMO"

HTH

Interactive Show stations...By all means, don't be embarrassed!!! We're all here to learn from each other. I've tweaked my show so many times.... and, I'm still tweaking.

I have everyone gather around the table/bar and have the instructions typed out on a piece of paper and put in a plastic sleeve. Each step is listed as... Guest One: do..... and then I put some "Did you know" tips either about the product or food they are using. All this is read aloud so everyone can hear the instructions and tips (if it's not too loud:p ).

I choose the host to read the first instruction and then she can either pass the instructions to someone else or keep reading. I try to encourage everyone to participate in doing some step in the recipe and ask them what they thought of the tool they used.

I'm still unsure of what I feel comfortable with, but perhaps this will give you yet another perspective:cool:

I'm up to hearing others tips, too!

twinkie10

stations...I forgot to mention that I have the ingredients and tools to be used for the recipe set up around the table, grouped together according to the steps needed to be done. I guess you could kind of say it is in stations all around the table.

twinkie10

hey i did this this past weekend with the warm and nutty brownies and my nieces and nephews had so much fun!! but the olnt thing that went wrong was the chopping of the chocolate chips my one nephew almost pulvirized the chocolate chips into a fine powder with the food chopper!

also what i plan to do at my next party is to go through each step and talk about each product that is used during the step! and then come to a point in the show where they sit down and get catalogs into their hands and i let the host finish up the last steps of the recipe! i am using the summer berry cakes in the new season's best!

jenh said:
I have seen something about a consultant who has stations set up for guests at their interactive cooking show. Could someone help me by showing what they do for station notecards:confused: . I'm embarassed by this:blushing: and any help would be appreciated.

here is some note cards that i use for the warm and nutty brownie!

Last edited:
I don't do station note cards. It's an interactive show, so I want to "interact" with the guests. I just use the recipe and set up the table according to what gets used when. Then, I set up the ingredients next to the products that will be used on them. Then, I tell everyone to gather around the table and we get started. I like to start with quick intros, then I just "read" the recipe step by step, and while they're chopping/stirring/slicing, I talk about what they're using, cross-sell, etc. I love this show - I can really focus on what I'm talking about, and I'm able to make it so fun b/c people are doing stuff and there are so many opportunities to joke around. After the recipe is in the oven (even if it's not finished), we all go into the next room and I go over the specials, the catalog, the order form, do the drawing, and serve the food (someone usually volunteers to finish the recipe if it's not done yet.Then, I take orders, clean up and go home! SUPER fast and easy!!! I'll never do a "demo" show again!! :D

If you happen to do the warm nutty caramel brownies, I have found that they are even better without chopping the chocolate chips up, just dump them in. I know it doesnt show off the chopper for chocoalte but you show it off for the nuts. Just my two cents, chocolate in the whole form is better than little itty bitty peices. In my experience with this recipe everyone over chops the chocolate.

Since I heard about the interactive show type I have started to create stations at my shows. I have done it since January and love it. It is less prep for me and the guests get to try the tools. I am very much enjoying it. The first one I did was the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza, since then I have done the Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza, Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares and the Black Bean Salsa Dip. I have also done stations for 2 different trifles. I have attached the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza. I set up stations and put the tools/products they will be using and the ingredients. I oversee it all and talk them through steps if needed. Then they all grab a plate and sit down and then I get to talk. I ask about the tools they used and shat was their favorite and so on. Then I do the regular stuff about stoneware, cookware, knives and etc. My show is approximately 55 minutes from start to when I am done talking and they are browsing the catalog. Hopefully this helps. I have enjoyed it and will continue to use this format.

Attachments

• Caesar Chicken Salad Pizza - stations.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 409
cathyskitchen said:
I don't do station note cards. It's an interactive show, so I want to "interact" with the guests.

I just use the recipe and set up the table according to what gets used when. Then, I set up the ingredients next to the products that will be used on them. Then, I tell everyone to gather around the table and we get started.

I like to start with quick intros, then I just "read" the recipe step by step, and while they're chopping/stirring/slicing, I talk about what they're using, cross-sell, etc.

I love this show - I can really focus on what I'm talking about, and I'm able to make it so fun b/c people are doing stuff and there are so many opportunities to joke around.

After the recipe is in the oven (even if it's not finished), we all go into the next room and I go over the specials, the catalog, the order form, do the drawing, and serve the food (someone usually volunteers to finish the recipe if it's not done yet.

Then, I take orders, clean up and go home! SUPER fast and easy!!! I'll never do a "demo" show again!! :D

This is exactly the way that I do my Interactive Shows!

Does anyone else have these outlines for their "Stations" that they can share?
this is fabulous!

Wow finally I can post something to help instead of everyone helping me. I love the interactive shows. What I do is usually how ever many stations I have I make cards and take 1 copy of the recipe on the recipe I highlight the ingredients needed. Break everyone including the host into groups as they work on thier station I move from station to station to help answer question or just take the time to talk to everyone in that station. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! And so far all of my guests and hosts have loved it too. These are some of the Recipe stations that I have done.

Attachments

• Greek Cheese Torta Stations.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Quiche Lorraine Tarlets Station.doc
    26 KB · Views: 308
  • Black Forest Triffle Stations.doc
    24 KB · Views: 333
  • Shortcake Stations.doc
    25 KB · Views: 357
I know that this is an old post, but I was hoping someone would be able to help me out!!!
Do any of you, by any chance, have the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad stations already set up?
thanks!!!

caraighan said:
I know that this is an old post, but I was hoping someone would be able to help me out!!!
Do any of you, by any chance, have the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad stations already set up?
thanks!!!

I'm not positive how to upload something on here, so I'll just copy and paste. This is what I did. The host will start off reading the first instruction and it goes from there!

Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad

Guest One: Spin lettuce in Salad & Berry Spinner until dry; add to 8 qt. Stainless Bowl. Using Salad Chopper, chop salad into bite-size pieces. When chopping is completed, add to Large Square Bowl.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? Our Salad & Berry spinner comes with two colanders and a bowl. The bowl can be used as a popcorn bowl, salad bowl or turned upside down to cover dishes. The colanders are great for draining pastas and spinning water off most anything including berries, herbs and even swimsuits and lingerie. It’s also great for spinning grease off meats. It can spin up to 13.5 miles per hour!
b. DID YOU KNOW…? The Salad Choppers are great for making homemade salsa. Just add your ingredients to a bowl and chop away!
Guest Two: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Using the Forged Bread Knife and The Cutting Board, slice bun tops into 1/4 inch strips. (You can use the measure markings on the side of the cutting board for a guide.) Arrange in a single layer on the Large Bar Pan.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? Our Forged Cutlery is one of the top of the line cutlery sets out on the market? It is weighted in the handle for proper balance and effortless slicing. It comes with a lifetime guarantee and only needs to be sharpened every two years depending on usage.
Guest Three: Set the Clock/Timer for 8 minutes. Bake bread strips 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack with Oven Pad and Oven Mitt; cool completely.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? Our Clock/Timer will start counting up when it goes off? It’s also great as a Travel Alarm Clock!
Guest Four: Slice half of the onion crosswise into thin rings using the Ultimate Mandoline fitted with thin slicing blade. Using Forged Utility Knife, cut slices in half on Large Groove Cutting Board. Place onion in Prep Bowl; set aside.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? You can now make your own scalloped or fried potatoes in 5 minutes using the Ultimate Mandoline!
b. DID YOU KNOW…? Our Cutting Boards are professional quality and will keep you knives sharper much longer. They don’t dull your knives like wood and acrylic boards do.
Guest Five: Remove and discard stems from tomatoes using Core ‘N More; cut tomatoes in half lengthwise using the Color Coated Tomato Knife. Use the Core ‘N More again to scoop seeds and juice out. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise again and then cut tomatoes crosswise to dice; place in Prep Bowl; set aside.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? Deseeding the tomato will eliminate watery salads and eliminates juice running down to your elbow when eating a taco.
b. DID YOU KNOW…? On one end of the Core ’N More you can take stems out of strawberries and tomatoes and the other end can be used to create melon balls!

Guest Six: Cook ground beef in Executive Family Skillet over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix ‘n Chop. Drain grease, using Colander and Bowl set; add drained hamburger to Classic Batter Bowl.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? The handle of the Batter Bowl will not get hot in the microwave unless heated for 20 minutes or longer!
Guest Seven: Chop remaining onion half using Food Chopper. Add onions to Classic Batter Bowl.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? Using a Food Chopper to cut up your onions will eliminate TEARS!
b. Let everyone at your table tell others what they chop with the Food Chopper.

Guest Eight: Chunk the pickles to fit in Food Chopper and chop finely; add to Classic Batter Bowl.
Guest Nine: Measure ¾ c. ketchup using Easy Adjustable Measuring Scoop; add to Classic Batter Bowl.
Guest Ten: Measure 1 T. mustard, using Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon; add to Classic Batter Bowl.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? The Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup and Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon will replace 7 measuring cups and 5 measuring spoons!

Guest Eleven: Remove cheese from Host’s freezer. Shred cheese onto cutting board using coarse drum in Deluxe Cheese Grater.
Guest Twelve: Mix well all ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl, using Small Mix ‘n Scraper. Spoon beef mixture over lettuce. Top with tomatoes, sliced onions and cheese. Arrange hamburger bun croutons around edge of bowl. Serve immediately using Bamboo Spatulas.
a. DID YOU KNOW…? Grating your own cheese from the block has a 70% better cheese flavor than buying your cheese already shredded!
b. Grate the entire block at your house, put in a ziplock bag and WA-LA, you have pre-shredded cheese…but it tastes 70% better than it use to!

These are great! Thank you all for sharing!

What is an Interactive Show Station?

An Interactive Show Station is a hands-on cooking demonstration that allows guests to participate in creating a delicious recipe using our high-quality Pampered Chef products.

How long does a typical Interactive Show Station last?

Our Interactive Show Stations typically last around 30-45 minutes, depending on the recipe being demonstrated and the number of guests participating.

Do I need to have any cooking experience to participate in an Interactive Show Station?

No prior cooking experience is necessary! Our consultants will guide you through each step of the recipe and provide tips and tricks along the way.

Can I purchase the products used in the Interactive Show Station?

Yes, all of the products used in the Interactive Show Station are available for purchase through your consultant. You can also find them on our website.

Can I request a specific recipe for the Interactive Show Station?

Our consultants have a set list of recipes for Interactive Show Stations, but they are always open to suggestions and may be able to accommodate your request. Please discuss with your consultant before the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • twinkie10
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kristina21
  • kimdeb