• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indoor/Outdoor Snack Ideas for Hunter's BBQ Fair

In summary, the author is asking for someone's advice on snacks that they can make for an upcoming fair. The author has been asked to make snacks, and their first choice is quick and easy. Crazy cake is a popular recipe among the author's family and friends. Ranch crackers are a popular snack that the author recommends.
littlebeans
We have an upcoming fair at a hunter's BBQ weekend. I have been asked to make some snacks if at all possible for guests to try. Now, we will be outside, no fridge or heat. I'd like to do something that could be individually wrapped. Do you think some of the holiday ideas in the mini catalog would be good?
And if you have any ideas of ANYTHING that may help, I sure could use it!! This will be my first booth and I'm excited, but nervous!
Thanks!!!

No specific ideas for you, but just wanted to advise you to check on regulations first... at a lot of places you have to follow certain regulations for sanitary reasons (like individual servings pre-scooped into little cups etc). That said... the mini brownie cups with filling (in current SB or search online here for decadent brownie cups, something like that) would be easy to pop into a little serving cup, they are yummy, and one box of brownie mix makes 48.

For the hunters-if you made some kind of quick yet unique trail mix, because trail mix is a must have for hunters. Also, my grandmother makes crazy cake for the guys when they go hunting because, it's huge, and it stays moist for the whole week and it's chocolate so the guys love it!!! Small servings of that would be really good.

What on earth is crazy cake?

kcjodih said:
What on earth is crazy cake?

Glad you asked... it truly is CRAZY!!! I cannot give you grandma's recipe, but here is one I found off of google.

CRAZY CAKE

1 1/2 c. flour
3 tbsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. cooking oil
1 c. cold water
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. vinegar

Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt directly into 8 inch square cake pan. Make 3 holes in the dry ingredients. In first hole, pour vanilla. Into another, pour cooking oil. In the last, pour vinegar. Pour 1 cup cold water over all and beat with a fork until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

Children like this and Mom will too because it is quick and easy with little preparation which means less to wash. They also think the name is appropriate because it seems "Crazy" to put oil and vinegar into a cake.

My mother's family is from Kansas and we have the SAME recipe (slight tweaking of measurements) and called it WACKY CAKE. It was cool too b/c you just mix everything in the same pan and pop it in the oven. mmmmm now I need to go home and make some. I make mine with extra cocoa.

Too funny! I grew up with crazy cake. My mom made it all the time. For the fairs I always make the Festive Cranberry Crunch bark (see homemade for the holidays for the recipe). It is also in the All The Best cookbook. It makes alot and people love it.

This is a favorite of ours at the holidays. Best of all - it keeps well outside (no worrying about chocolate or anything melting). You could put a handful in the little snack size ziplocs or better yet look for the little festive gift bags like you put candy in.

RANCH CRACKERS
INGREDIENTS
1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
5 cups oyster crackers

Note: I use about a teaspoon of our PC Dill Seasoning and do not use the lemon pepper or garlic powder. Men love this - I would dump in more seasoning and make it extra spicy! You could even type up the recipe on a little card and offer it with the crackers and do a little drawing for free dill seasoning. Not much of a give away but what the heck, people love anything free and it will be a good way to get contacts!

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine ranch dressing mix, dill weed, vegetable oil, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well. Add oyster crackers to the mixture and mix to coat the crackers. Pour the crackers onto a cookie sheet. (I use the large bar pan)
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring gently halfway through the baking time. Store in airtight container. I have given a gift of these in the prepbowls.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies! These are great ideas!!!

Related to Indoor/Outdoor Snack Ideas for Hunter's BBQ Fair

1. What are some easy snack ideas for a hunter's BBQ fair that can be enjoyed both indoors and outdoors?

Some easy snack ideas for a hunter's BBQ fair that can be enjoyed both indoors and outdoors include venison jerky, trail mix, homemade granola bars, grilled vegetables, and fruit skewers.

2. How can I incorporate game meat into my BBQ fair snack menu?

You can incorporate game meat into your BBQ fair snack menu by making venison or bison sliders, wild boar or elk chili, or wild turkey or pheasant kabobs.

3. Are there any snack ideas that are suitable for vegetarians at a hunter's BBQ fair?

Yes, there are options for vegetarians at a hunter's BBQ fair. You can serve grilled portobello mushrooms, veggie burgers, grilled corn on the cob, and vegetable kebabs.

4. Can I prepare any of these snack ideas ahead of time?

Yes, many of these snack ideas can be prepared ahead of time. You can make the venison jerky, granola bars, and trail mix a few days in advance. The grilled vegetables and fruit skewers can also be prepped and marinated the night before.

5. What are some creative ways to serve these BBQ fair snacks?

Some creative ways to serve these BBQ fair snacks include using mason jars for individual portions of trail mix, serving the grilled vegetables and fruit skewers on a large wooden platter, and using mini cast iron skillets for the sliders or chili.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katem51
  • VeronicaW
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • katie0128