• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improving Customer Recognition for Better Business Success

In summary, this woman is not good at recognizing past customers outside of her shows. She has been doing PC for a long time and has met a lot of people, but she is not good at recognizing them.
NooraK
Gold Member
How good are you at recognizing past customers outside of your shows?

The reason I ask is because I sent out an email for a Tax Break Sale, and the only response I received this:

please take me off your emai list
i prefer not to order any more items from you.
i say hello to you in the hallways at work and you competely ignore me and refuse to speak.

I was absolutely flabbergasted :eek: And very hurt :cry: A lot of my hosts and guests work in the same building as I do (I'm trying to break out of the circle), but we're talking about a building holding a couple of thousand people, and I don't personally know all of my guests even though we work at the same place. If anyone greets me in the hallway, I do greet them back (although, at 34 weeks pregnant, it may be very quick, as I'm usually running for the bathroom), but I can't say I initiate conversations with people I do not recognize. I would never refuse to speak with someone.

I checked her order history in P3. She has been to one show. That particular show consisted of me, the host, and one guest for most of the time (the guest is a friend of mine). There were two other guests who showed up closer to the time that I was ready to leave, so I had very little interaction with them, and did not know them form before. This show was last July. I tried to contact her a couple of times for Customer Care, but could not reach her by phone. I couldn't help but think "Sure, it's easy for her to remember me, I was the only Pampered Chef Consultant there."

I just don't know how I should really feel. I can't tell if my feelings are justified, or exaggerated by pregnancy hormones. Should I be doing a better job at remembering my guests, especially those who work in the same building? Do you guys have tips to help remember. I'm not too good at putting a name with a face. I can usually recall details about them (she's a realtor, she just moved etc.), but I can't say I could pick them out in a crowd.

At the very least, thanks for being here to listen.

Oh, I have a fear of not recognizing a customer. We see so many people and others in different areas of our lives and it is hard to keep their faces straight. Even with customer care calls, you would not be seeing their faces and may still not recognize them when you see them. I think that it would not have hurt for her to remind you and greet you and go on happy.

You are not over reacting, this note would have hurt my feelings. But this could happen to any of us. It is not you.

{{{hugs}}}

Her loss.

I have a PC CD on which one of the presenters says that she has 900 or so in her downline and "some of you may be here". She then says that they should come up to her and introduce themselves. She states that she's been doing PC for a long time and has met so many people that when she sees people out and about that she's not sure if they are a customer, host, consultant or relative. I thought that was a good example of the fact that we can't possibly remember everyone we meet.

Sounds like she won't be a great loss to your business but I would email her back and say that you are honering her request to remove her from your list. I would also say that you are sorry you didn't recognize her, that you meet so many people, and wish she would say something next time she sees you - say something about the baby hormones...

She may soften if you are humble and bring a little humor into your reply.

....or maybe she doesn't remember you as well as she thinks she does, and she is saying hello to someone else, thinking it's you???:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
....or maybe she doesn't remember you as well as she thinks she does, and she is saying hello to someone else, thinking it's you???:eek:
ohhh... that's a good way to start the conversation (or email). "Are you sure it was me you saw? We met so briefly..."

I wouldn't take it too personally - I would be hurt too but she is just looking for an excuse to be hateful. This is her problem not yours! I'm 39 wks pregnant and was at a restaurant last week - I saw a couple I recognized vaguely... they were looking at me and apparently knew me so I said Hi and it didn't hit me until I was in the car that they were at a show the week before (a small show at that!!). When you take people out of the context where you met them it is hard to remember how you know them. I would send and email back and say that you are sorry that you didn't recognize her but there are so many people in the building and so many people at your shows that it is hard to remember how you know them and you didn't mean to be rude. Maybe she is just having a bad day - put it back on her and continue with what you are doing - this happens to everyone!

I would respond and say I am taking you off my list as requested but I am sorry, as far as I know I always respond when someone says "hi". I am 34 weeks pregnant and am in a rush to the bathroom most the time so there is a chance you said "hi" and I didn't hear you. If so, I apologize and will be glad to say "hi" next time.Before we end our PC relationship, as your past consultant, I need to make sure you are happy with your products. I tried reaching you on "X" date and X date by phone and could not reach you. Are you happy with your products or do you need any recipes for them?Thanks again for your comments, and I will remove you at this time from my newsletter.Hopefully the 34 weeks pregnant part will stick out in her mind if it is an identity issue!!!!I found out a few years ago that I was often wrapped up in my thoughts and projects and would pass people in the hall without greeting them. I had to make a conscious effort to be aware. It was only a few people but they noticed! I now no longer have that issue!

Last edited:
Good advice Janet............as always........:)

ChefBeckyD said:
That's a thought too! I hate it when I see people when I'm out that I know I've met somewhere before and I just can't place them. I can never remember if I met them through my son's sports team, at the gym, or at a show - but I know they look familiar.

1. How can I improve customer recognition for better business success?

There are several ways to improve customer recognition for better business success. The first step is to consistently provide excellent customer service and products. This will help build a positive reputation and word-of-mouth recommendations. Additionally, you can implement a loyalty program or send personalized thank you notes to show your appreciation for your customers. Utilizing social media and email marketing can also help keep your brand top of mind for customers.

2. Why is customer recognition important for business success?

Customer recognition is important for business success because it helps build customer loyalty and trust. When customers feel valued and appreciated, they are more likely to continue doing business with your company and recommend it to others. It also helps differentiate your business from competitors and can lead to increased sales and revenue.

3. How can I use customer feedback to improve customer recognition?

Customer feedback is a valuable tool for improving customer recognition. Make sure to actively listen to customer feedback and address any concerns or suggestions they may have. You can also use feedback to make improvements to your products or services, showing customers that their opinions are valued and taken into consideration.

4. What are some creative ways to show customer recognition?

There are many creative ways to show customer recognition. Some ideas include sending personalized gifts or handwritten thank you notes, featuring customer testimonials on your website or social media, hosting customer appreciation events, and offering exclusive discounts or promotions to loyal customers.

5. How can I measure the success of my customer recognition efforts?

Measuring the success of your customer recognition efforts can be done through various methods. You can track customer retention rates, customer satisfaction surveys, and referral rates. You can also monitor social media engagement and online reviews to see how customers are talking about your business. It's important to regularly review and analyze these metrics to see how your customer recognition efforts are impacting your overall business success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCGirl77
  • esavvymom