• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Impress Guests at Cooking Show: Quick and Easy Appetizer Ideas!

In summary, the person is seeking help for their upcoming cooking show. They are considering making a trifle or a salsa recipe from the catalog, but are unsure if it is appropriate to buy chips to go with it. They are also looking for suggestions for an appetizer and other tips for their show. Several people recommend the Touchdown Taco Dip as a quick and easy option, with the suggestion to use store-bought chips for guests to envision making it at home. Some also mention making homemade chips as a demonstration.
Bexamo
I need fast help!! My business has had a slow start. I have (only) my second cooking show Thursday. This host is an experienced PC junkie. She was a festival/fair booth walk-up.

Here's the deal... she wants a catalog overview-type show. I copied all the great ideas from the thread about Rae's outline, so I think I know what to do... but I am stuck on what to make! I want to make a GREAT impression, but I will have very little time to prep at home (after work) before I leave for the cooking show.

I thought about making a trifle... maybe strawberry cheesecake???

Perhaps the salsa recipe from the catalog - I can have the Classic Batter Bowl with the ingredients and the salad choppers in it with the rest of the food - (Is is tacky to buy chips to go with the salsa? If I make them, what's the easiest recipe?)

What she asked for was an appetizer. I really don't have any recipes that I am really great at... there will be 10-15 guests for a 6:30 PM show.

SUGGESTIONS???????

I do the touchdown taco dip at shows like these. I saw Jana do it at one of her shows and it covered so many products and was so fast. I always buy store bought chips- remember you want people to picture themselves making the recipe, and they will connect the two if you do homemade chips and never picture themselves making just the dip.

I throw it into the oven for 15mins to warm and go through everything in the catalog that wasn't in my quickie demo. I works out really well! Good luck!

The Touchdown Taco Dip is great, as is the Hot Pizza Dip.

Absolutely use bought chips. Like Gillian mentioned, you want the guests to picture themselves making it at home, and most people will buy chips. But you can tell them that they can make tortilla chips easily by cutting flour tortillas into wedges, spritzing them with a little oil, and baking them on stoneware for a few minutes until crispy.

I 3rd the Touchdown Taco Dip. It always gets wiped clean! Also, since I don't believe it's in a current recipe book, you can post it on your website or email it to people (to get their emails!).

I make that recipe a lot too but I do make the chips. I want them to taste how good they are. They ALWAYS are amazed how easy and quick it is to do - and it shows a second stone/another use for the large round. Of course I also tell them that they can buy a bag of chips instead if they prefer.

What are some quick and easy appetizer ideas for a cooking show?

Some quick and easy appetizer ideas for a cooking show include bruschetta, caprese skewers, stuffed mushrooms, antipasto platter, and mini quiches. These can all be prepared ahead of time and are sure to impress your guests.

Can these appetizers be made using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, absolutely! Many of our products are perfect for making these appetizers. For example, our Quick Slice can be used to easily slice tomatoes for the caprese skewers, and our Mini Tart Shaper is ideal for creating the perfect indentations in the mini quiches.

How can I make my appetizers look more visually appealing?

Presentation is key when it comes to impressing guests at a cooking show. You can make your appetizers look more visually appealing by using decorative platters and serving dishes, garnishing with fresh herbs or edible flowers, and adding colorful accents such as sliced bell peppers or olives.

Are these appetizers suitable for dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of these appetizers can easily be modified to accommodate dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free bread for the bruschetta, substitute tofu for the cheese in the caprese skewers for a vegan option, and use gluten-free crust for the mini quiches.

Can I prepare these appetizers in advance?

Yes, these appetizers can all be prepared in advance, which makes them perfect for a cooking show. You can do all the prep work ahead of time and simply assemble and serve when your guests arrive. This will save you time and stress during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies