• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

South Beach Diet Appetizer Ideas for a Show Tomorrow

In summary, there are several easy South Beach Diet appetizer ideas that can be made for a show tomorrow, such as vegetable platters with dips, grilled shrimp skewers, zucchini fritters, baked chicken wings, and deviled eggs. Most of these can be made ahead of time and there are options for substitutions to make them more South Beach Diet friendly. There are also store-bought options available, but it's important to check the ingredients and nutrition labels. Some South Beach Diet desserts can also be incorporated into the appetizer spread, but it's important to maintain balance and portion control.
2crazyboys
I have most of my menu planned for a show tomorrow where most of the guests are on the South Beach diet but I need one more small appetizer. Any ideas?

Do you have any of the seasoning mixes? Make a simple dip with the dill mix or the southwest or cajun seasoning mixes and use lowfat sour cream. Then serve with celery sticks or 100% whole grain bagel chips or crackers.

You could even do one of the artichoke dips using lowfat sour cream and lowfat mayo.

Here's one I LOVE:

Hot Artichoke Dip (Got this at Joyce's Fine Cooking. Not sure what book it was in.)

2 jars (6½ oz each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chopped

1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 garlic clove, pressed

3 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 375°F. Drain and coarsely chop artichoke hearts with Food Chopper. Combine artichoke hearts, spinach, garlic, sour cream, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Spoon dip into Deep Dish Pie Plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Spread on ****tail bread slices or fresh vegetables using All-Purpose Spreader. Yield: 10-15 appetizer servings

(I made this for a friend's party and everyone went crazy for it. With lowfat ingredients it would definitely be Beach friendly.

Those sound really good. I'm making a the cheese crostini's with wheat bread. I wanted some sort of fruit or veggie side. All the fruit dips I have have too much sugar in them so no one will touch them.

What are some easy South Beach Diet appetizer ideas for a show tomorrow?

Some easy South Beach Diet appetizer ideas for a show tomorrow could include:

• Vegetable platters with hummus or yogurt dip
  • Grilled shrimp skewers with a lemon garlic marinade
  • Zucchini fritters with a Greek yogurt sauce
  • Baked chicken wings with a sugar-free barbecue sauce
  • Deviled eggs made with avocado instead of mayo

Can I make any of these appetizers ahead of time for the show tomorrow?

Yes, you can make most of these appetizers ahead of time. The vegetable platters and deviled eggs can be prepped the day before, while the shrimp skewers and zucchini fritters can be marinated and stored in the fridge until ready to cook. The chicken wings can also be pre-cooked and reheated in the oven before the show.

Can I substitute any ingredients in these appetizer recipes to make them more South Beach Diet friendly?

Absolutely! The great thing about the South Beach Diet is that it allows for flexibility and substitutions. For example, you can use low-fat or non-fat Greek yogurt in place of mayo or sour cream. You can also use alternative flours like almond or coconut flour for a gluten-free option. Just be mindful of portion sizes and added sugars.

Are there any store-bought options for South Beach Diet appetizers?

Yes, there are some store-bought options that are South Beach Diet friendly. Look for options like roasted chickpea snacks, veggie chips, or low-carb crackers to serve with dips. Just be sure to check the ingredients and nutrition labels to make sure they align with the South Beach Diet principles.

Can I incorporate some South Beach Diet desserts into my appetizer spread for the show tomorrow?

While the South Beach Diet focuses primarily on whole, unprocessed foods, there are some dessert options that can be incorporated into your appetizer spread. For example, you could serve fruit skewers with a dark chocolate dip, or make mini cheesecake bites with a nut-based crust. Just remember to keep portions in check and balance out any indulgences with healthier options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCAnna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chellb1234
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
  • msmileyface