• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Sick of Severe Weather Already!

In summary, the conversation discusses the weather in the Midwest area. There is a tornado watch in effect until 10pm tonight.
lacychef
Geez, living in "tornado alley" is always exciting during the summer...I like a good thunderstorm, but hate tornado warnings. We have had 4 straight days of tornado warnings around here; & today & tomorrow are supposed to be the same. Luckily, no really bad ones around here, some minor damage done Thurs & Fri nights, and just small twisters the past couple nights. OK has had some bad ones though...I guess we all have some sort of crazy weather phenom wherever we live...I'm just glad this house has a finished basement; so if we have to go down there it's not so bad!

I know what you mean! And have you noticed that poor Greensburg has been right in the paths of all of them the last few days. Enough is Enough! We were at the small lake near here where we have a lease last night and got run out by the bad weather. Pretty soon the creek will rise from overflow up north and then we'll have flooding to worry about. I know our neighborhood farmers are biting their nails everytime it hails........they lost so much wheat last year. Keeping my fingers crossed for them!

Believe me, we Okie's are sick and tired of it too....

Enough already.

I know Christy---poor Greensburg! They were in the path again today...

Same here! It was a pretty crappy weekend. Last night we had to go to my inlaws because the winds were strong enough that they shook our trailer. We also almost lost part of our skirting due to the winds but luckily it all blew underneath. My inlaws ended up with their neighbor from across the street's trampoline in their back yard! Luckily it didn't hit their house.

Where do you live wadesgirl?
Maybe today wont' be so bad here; we've changed from 80's-90's to a high of 66 today! That sounds lovely:)

But it's still cloudy and overcast...I'm having my 2nd graders over for a BBQ tonight. I hope the weather clears up or they'll all be in my house all evening YIKES!

lacychef said:
Where do you live wadesgirl?
Maybe today wont' be so bad here; we've changed from 80's-90's to a high of 66 today! That sounds lovely:)
Midwest area. It's still raining here today!

straitfan said:
But it's still cloudy and overcast...I'm having my 2nd graders over for a BBQ tonight. I hope the weather clears up or they'll all be in my house all evening YIKES!
Oh man! How many do you have? That could get crazy....you are a brave woman!

wadesgirl said:
Midwest area. It's still raining here today!
Well, that's pretty general, LOL!
No rain here yet anyway, but it's chilly. We have our jeans back out.

lacychef said:
Well, that's pretty general, LOL!
No rain here yet anyway, but it's chilly. We have our jeans back out.
I know, I can PM you if you really want to know where I live. I wore shorts today but could have done fine with jeans. It's supposed to rain pretty much all weekend!

That's okay; I was just giving you a hard time!

lacychef said:
That's okay; I was just giving you a hard time!
I know!:balloon: Because as soon as I PM you, you'll probably post it! JK!

Oh yes:p
Yeah! Finally last night, no severe weather around here:D

lacychef said:
Oh yes:p
Yeah! Finally last night, no severe weather around here:D
Glad to hear that! It rained most of the day yesterday. Today is cloudy but no rain yet.

Related to I'm Sick of Severe Weather Already!

1. How can I protect my outdoor furniture during severe weather?

One way to protect your outdoor furniture during severe weather is to cover it with a tarp or waterproof cover. You can also bring smaller items indoors or secure them to prevent them from getting blown away. Additionally, consider investing in weather-resistant furniture or storing it in a garage or shed during severe weather events.

2. What should I do if there is a severe weather warning?

If there is a severe weather warning, follow the instructions and recommendations of your local authorities. This may include seeking shelter in a safe location, such as a basement or interior room, and staying informed through emergency alerts and updates. It is important to take any warning seriously and prioritize your safety.

3. How can I prepare my home for severe weather?

To prepare your home for severe weather, make sure your roof and gutters are in good condition and secure any loose items in your yard. It is also a good idea to have a stocked emergency kit with supplies such as non-perishable food, water, and a first aid kit. Familiarize yourself with your community's emergency plans and have a designated safe place in your home to take shelter.

4. What should I do if I lose power during severe weather?

If you lose power during severe weather, avoid using candles as they can be a fire hazard. Instead, use flashlights or battery-powered lanterns for lighting. Unplug appliances and electronics to protect them from power surges when the power comes back on. If the power outage is prolonged, consider seeking shelter in a designated emergency location or with friends or family who have power.

5. How can I stay informed about severe weather in my area?

There are several ways to stay informed about severe weather in your area. You can sign up for local emergency alerts, follow the National Weather Service on social media, and download weather apps on your phone. It is also a good idea to have a battery-powered radio to listen to updates in case of a power outage. Stay tuned to local news and weather channels for the latest information and updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC