• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Having One of Those Days!!!

In summary, the conversation revolved around issues with spyware and computer security, as well as a mishap with a new microwave and a broken spork. Suggestions were given for how to handle the situation and the conversation ended with a humorous suggestion to add alcohol to hot cocoa.
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
Hey, all.

Today has just been one of those days... This morning I had a pop-up from Spy Shredder saying my computer was infected. I have never heard of that. I ran a McAfee Virus Scan, and nothing came up. Does anyone know anything about Spy Shredder?

Then, I went home for lunch. I'm still working on my New Year's cleaning :yuck: :blushing: , and one thing I bought myself for Christmas was a new microwave. My older one was smaller and less than 1000 watts. (I'm trying to get the kitchen all cleaned and organized before spring products come in.) Well, I'm a bit of a bargain hunter, so I finally found one and got a good deal on it. It was 1.1 cu ft and 1000 watts. Well, I checked the dimensions, and thought my DCB would fit. Well, they listed the OUTSIDE dimensions, not the inside! So, d'oh, it's half an inch too short for my DCB. :cry: So, now I have to figure out what I want to do--return it, sell it, donate it. But, now I'm back to square one with finding a microwave to work with on PC recipes.

Then, I run through Taco Bell on the way back to work and get a Mexican pizza (the other threads this morning made me think of this!) and as a tried to cut off my first bite, I broke the spork! So, I find another plastic fork in the office. A couple bites later, it snaps in 2 pieces. :rolleyes:

So, now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this Spamware issue. Anyone know anything about it? TIA

Tammy

I think those spyware ads that pop up are just that...ads. If you're regular security stuff isn't showing anything, then it's probably nothing. Maybe they just do that to scare you into buying the software.:confused:

RaggedyAunt said:
Hey, all.

Today has just been one of those days... This morning I had a pop-up from Spy Shredder saying my computer was infected. I have never heard of that. I ran a McAfee Virus Scan, and nothing came up. Does anyone know anything about Spy Shredder?

Then, I went home for lunch. I'm still working on my New Year's cleaning :yuck: :blushing: , and one thing I bought myself for Christmas was a new microwave. My older one was smaller and less than 1000 watts. (I'm trying to get the kitchen all cleaned and organized before spring products come in.) Well, I'm a bit of a bargain hunter, so I finally found one and got a good deal on it. It was 1.1 cu ft and 1000 watts. Well, I checked the dimensions, and thought my DCB would fit. Well, they listed the OUTSIDE dimensions, not the inside! So, d'oh, it's half an inch too short for my DCB. :cry: So, now I have to figure out what I want to do--return it, sell it, donate it. But, now I'm back to square one with finding a microwave to work with on PC recipes.

Then, I run through Taco Bell on the way back to work and get a Mexican pizza (the other threads this morning made me think of this!) and as a tried to cut off my first bite, I broke the spork! So, I find another plastic fork in the office. A couple bites later, it snaps in 2 pieces. :rolleyes:

So, now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this Spamware issue. Anyone know anything about it? TIA

Tammy

Go home, snuggle up with a good book, and a mug of Hot Cocoa, and take a nap......everything always seems more manageable after a nap!:D

I'm thinking even pour something from the liquor cabinet into your cocoa. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_winesmiley.gifAnd I have a solution for the spork issue - keep 1 set of the outdoor utensils in your desk drawer. Then you're always prepared!

chefann said:
I'm thinking even pour something from the liquor cabinet into your cocoa. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_winesmiley.gifAnd I have a solution for the spork issue - keep 1 set of the outdoor utensils in your desk drawer. Then you're always prepared!
Mmmmm, Peppermint Schnaaps......yummy!eta - and that is a very good idea about the outdoor utensils!

That's what I was thinking, Becky, but I didn't have an appropriate smilie.Of course, if that smilie above keeps drinking from that seemingly bottomless bottle of wine, he's going to have a really good evening, too!

pamperedbecky said:
I think those spyware ads that pop up are just that...ads. If you're regular security stuff isn't showing anything, then it's probably nothing. Maybe they just do that to scare you into buying the software.:confused:

I agree. I've had those before, and they are just ads. Maybe you need a pop-up blocker. Does McAfee offer that?? I use Norton and it's great!

chefann said:
I'm thinking even pour something from the liquor cabinet into your cocoa. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_winesmiley.gif

And I have a solution for the spork issue - keep 1 set of the outdoor utensils in your desk drawer. Then you're always prepared!

Or, Bailey's!! Delicious in hot chocolate.

chefann said:
That's what I was thinking, Becky, but I didn't have an appropriate smilie.

Of course, if that smilie above keeps drinking from that seemingly bottomless bottle of wine, he's going to have a really good evening, too!

Yeah - at that point, why bother with the Hot Cocoa?:D

However......the thought of A hot chocolatey drink with some peppermint schnaaps sounds really good right now - more lake effect snow warnings, and I have a bad cold - just the thing to warm me up......too bad I have to go pick up Micah from pre-school right now!:rolleyes:

Okay - sorry to Hi-jack Tammy! Did we at least make you smile a little?:balloon:

PChefPEI said:
Or, Bailey's!! Delicious in hot chocolate.

Question: does Baileys ever go bad? I've had a bottle of caramel opened and in my fridge for about a year now... do I need to throw it away and buy a new one (I wish they had minis of the flavors!)? TIA

GourmetGirl said:
Question: does Baileys ever go bad? I've had a bottle of caramel opened and in my fridge for about a year now... do I need to throw it away and buy a new one (I wish they had minis of the flavors!)? TIA

I don't use mine often. It's in the liquor cabinet and gets used only in winter for my hot chocolates. It's been there for a couple of years and haven't been sick from it.....yet!! ;)

PChefPEI said:
I don't use mine often. It's in the liquor cabinet and gets used only in winter for my hot chocolates. It's been there for a couple of years and haven't been sick from it.....yet!! ;)

Then some hot cocoa with bailey may be in my future as well! I think it was just one of those days for a few of us! :cry:

RaggedyAunt said:
Hey, all.

Tammy

I did a quick google and spy shredder is not good. It may have been a phishing attempt or a pop up trying to install something. Good to run what you did. You might also consider downloading and using SpyBot and Ad Aware. Those keep things nice and squeaky clean, along with regular virus protection scans. Also, consider downloading and using Firefox for most your activity. It's got a very robust pop up blocker and I don't worry about them at all now. There are some sites that need to pop up things and you can give them permission as needed. Firefox won't work for some sites like Merrill for submitting an order but I'd say 98% of the sites I go to it works just fine. It's also faster loading than IE.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. Sometimes we need those to balance out the good ones we get but they're none the less annoying.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - at that point, why bother with the Hot Cocoa?:D

However......the thought of A hot chocolatey drink with some peppermint schnaaps sounds really good right now - more lake effect snow warnings, and I have a bad cold - just the thing to warm me up......too bad I have to go pick up Micah from pre-school right now!:rolleyes:

With the snow that's been falling here afternoon, you're going to have a very beautiful evening. :)

chefann said:
I'm thinking even pour something from the liquor cabinet into your cocoa. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_winesmiley.gif

And I have a solution for the spork issue - keep 1 set of the outdoor utensils in your desk drawer. Then you're always prepared!

Thanks, gals! And, Ann, always with the good suggestions. (Thanks for the tip on skate shops to fix rolling luggage on another thread--called our local skating rink and was told to bring it by and they'd see if they could fix it.)

I do have some Starbucks liqeuor I got Christmas '96! I might just brew me up a pot here in a few minutes and liven it up some!

And, yes, BeckyD, you all made me smile!

I couldn't completely resolve the issue--something kept popping up. So, I disabled the internet connection and called our computer tech guy. He's coming in the morning. I Googled it, too, and it's this thing is news. Hopefully nothing too serious was done. I love computers, but it seems when something goes wrong, it REALLY goes wrong!! So, all beware, if you get a pop up, completely ignore it! (It was a full-page pop-up, too. Looks very legit. I'm usually fairly computer savvy, but it got me.)

Thanks again!! Now, on to that coffee...

Tammy

What is "I'm Having One of Those Days!!!"

"I'm Having One of Those Days!!!" is a versatile seasoning blend from Pampered Chef that can be used on a variety of dishes.

What are the ingredients in "I'm Having One of Those Days!!!"

The ingredients in "I'm Having One of Those Days!!!" include garlic, onion, sea salt, black pepper, paprika, thyme, and oregano.

How should I use "I'm Having One of Those Days!!!"

"I'm Having One of Those Days!!!" can be used as a rub for meats, sprinkled on vegetables before roasting, or added to soups, stews, and sauces for added flavor.

Is "I'm Having One of Those Days!!!" gluten-free?

Yes, "I'm Having One of Those Days!!!" is gluten-free and does not contain any artificial flavors or preservatives.

Can I buy "I'm Having One of Those Days!!!" in bulk?

Yes, "I'm Having One of Those Days!!!" is available for purchase in a larger size for those who use it frequently in their cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • ChefMary412
  • General Chat
Replies