• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Am I Struggling to Get Bookings Despite High Sales at Shows?

In summary, Andrea is having difficulty getting bookings for her shows. She has a show tomorrow and her show schedule is MAR18, APR15 and SEP13. If she does not get any bookings tomorrow, she does not know what she will do. She has tried talking to everyone she meets, pampering a business, and asking for referrals. She has also started asking for referrals and has gotten three leads. She is trying and things should turn around. She is also mentioning the booking benefit to the host and what she will get if her friends host a show.
PamperedK
Silver Member
My sales average is great - I think my show average is $600 or so. I've only done a few shows but I can not get bookings! I am asking everyone and I'm talking up hosting throughout my shows...but no one wants to book.

I have a show tomorrow, and then my show schedule is MAR18, APR15 and SEP13. I'm screwed! If I don't get any bookings tomorrow I do'nt know what I'm going to do...I can't put flyers up in my building any more, I've exhausted my List of 100...I had an open house, I've read over the 118 ways to get bookings and I can't find many more that I can do without spending money I don't have.

What will I do?

I'm doing a Book - to - Look "deal." *see attached, The ONLY way to see what the prize is, is to book a show, and the only way to get the prize is to host a qualifying show. I have preselected dates/prizes that work with my schedule so the potential host has to book what I have available. I can accept reschedules, but only within a certain amount of time.

Keep doing good on your shows! :D

Attachments

• BookToLook.doc
    57 KB · Views: 400
amcclanaghan said:
I'm doing a Book - to - Look "deal." *see attached, The ONLY way to see what the prize is, is to book a show, and the only way to get the prize is to host a qualifying show. I have preselected dates/prizes that work with my schedule so the potential host has to book what I have available. I can accept reschedules, but only within a certain amount of time.

Keep doing good on your shows! :D

I've tried this, but I do need to talk it up more. My Book to Look isn't that exciting, I guess I should work on that.

My host tomorrow is supposed to have a lot of people so I really hope I can get some bookings from her.

I had the same problem. Just talk to everyone you meet..."pamper" a business, or ask for referrals. I've just started asking for referrals, and I've gotten 3 leads...one booking for sure. Keep trying...I know how you feel...been there. Make it all about your hosts!!!! Things should turn around. Don't give up hope.

You're not alone Andrea! I'm having the same problems. Can't seem to break out of the circle of people I'm in right now. I keep trying though...

Call local schools to see if they are having Spring carnivals/fairs, etc where they may be selling vendor space. It's a great way to make new contacts and their charges are usually very moderate like about $20-25.

Also, you can put a batter bowl (or fish bowl) in a locally owned restaurant and offer a free lunch for 2 drawing and runners up will win a free Pampered Chef party. You'll have a bowl full of business cards to call or email! Good luck!!

Do you know other people in direct sales.. Like Tastefully Simple or something that you could swap shows and cross sell items with and help one another out? There's a great thread today about Tastefully Simple and some discussion about how that has helped some people broaden their customer base. Stick with it and keep coming to CS for encouragement and help. We're all pulling for you!

Try to see if there is a fair going on anywhere. I was about to go inactive last yr in Aug and I did Taste of home booth and I hae been going pretty strong since. good luck with your show tomorrow

Also be sure to mention the booking benefit to the host and what she will get if her friends host a show. Tell her to mention to her friends that they need to book a date if they are just thinking about it, otherwise it won't count for her.
I have a show on Tuesday, with a booking already, because I told the host to tell her friends. She got the booking, not me. I also had a catalog show that had two bookings off of it.

I figure that it gets the idea in the host head that she wants people to book off of her show, and she tells her friends. She knows them better than me, and she knows who may host, and how to approach it.

They come to the party with the thought on their mind, because the host already mentioned it. I also tell them if they decide not to have the show, it is better to mark it down and change their mind then to tell me three days after we close it. I then hope they keep the show. Hope this helps.

If you can't put flyer up in your building can you slip flyer under peoples doors? Or why don't you have an open house and do it a s a meet and greet so everyone in the building can get to know each other? I live in a condo and i am thinking of doing this.

Do your customer care calls and ask for their help with referrals or tell them about theme shows you are thinking of trying. Try offering power cooking demo. As stated above, fairs are an excellent source. Hold an open house with Spring products. Cary a catalog toote withyou wherever you go.

How about hosting your own show and inviting everyone you know? Let them know they would be the first to see our new products and give away the hostess benefits to a lucky winner.

Make out of the box calls. Call everyone who orders from the show after they receive their orders and see how they are enjoying their things and ask them if they want to host a show.

Well, I don't know what happened, but...my show yesterday had 11 guests...I got 3 solid bookings (2 from one person), 2 catalog shows and 2 maybes. One of the maybes said "probably" and one said "yes" but she wants to book off of one of the other bookings because she's better friends with that host and wants her to get credit for it.Everyone was really excited about the Cutting Board Host Special! I feel much much better now! I feel like I was more comfortable and I was sure to include more about hosting throughout my show. I still forgot about my Book to Look - I need to highlight that part in my show outline.Thanks for all your help - I'm still going to use some of your suggestions. I want to get up to 2 shows per week!!

Way to go, Peg! ;)

That's awesome. I think sometimes we get into a funk and guests realize that we are nervous about asking and that makes them nervous about saying yes. Having a place to go with your fears and troubles like chefsuccess to just vent and get ideas really helps to release and start fresh and show confidence.
just my thoughts.....

That,s great!!! Hopefully I will have the same luck on the 28th .I also what to do 2 shows a week.

Great job!! I am having the same problem, getting bookings! I had a party (my largest 14 guests and over $800 in sales!) and got NO bookings!! I even offered free shipping to anyone that booked a show!! Zilch! I am doing 24 bookings in 24 hours now. I am in the proccess of getting up all of my phone numbers so I can start calling away! Congrats on your bookings!!

Winnipegk said:
Well, I don't know what happened, but...my show yesterday had 11 guests...I got 3 solid bookings (2 from one person), 2 catalog shows and 2 maybes. One of the maybes said "probably" and one said "yes" but she wants to book off of one of the other bookings because she's better friends with that host and wants her to get credit for it.

Everyone was really excited about the Cutting Board Host Special! I feel much much better now! I feel like I was more comfortable and I was sure to include more about hosting throughout my show. I still forgot about my Book to Look - I need to highlight that part in my show outline.

Thanks for all your help - I'm still going to use some of your suggestions. I want to get up to 2 shows per week!!

Woo Hoo that is awesome:D Don't you feel great now? You should be so proud, what a turnaround!

What can I do to make meal prep easier?

One of the best ways to make meal prep easier is by investing in quality kitchen tools. Our products, such as our food chopper and mandoline, can significantly cut down on prep time and make cooking more efficient. Additionally, planning out meals and prepping ingredients ahead of time can also help streamline the process.

How can I improve my cooking skills?

Practice makes perfect when it comes to cooking. Experiment with new recipes, flavors, and techniques to expand your skills. Watching cooking tutorials and attending cooking classes can also help improve your abilities in the kitchen. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them!

What can I do if my food keeps sticking to the pan?

First, make sure you are using the appropriate type of pan for the food you are cooking. Non-stick pans are great for eggs and delicate foods, while stainless steel pans are better for searing and browning. Also, make sure to properly preheat the pan and use enough oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking. If the food does stick, try deglazing the pan with some liquid to release the stuck bits.

How do I know when my meat is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure your meat is fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. Different types of meat have different recommended internal temperatures, so it's important to check the temperature of the thickest part of the meat to ensure it has reached the appropriate temperature for safety.

What are some tips for organizing my kitchen?

Start by decluttering and getting rid of any unnecessary items. Invest in storage solutions such as drawer dividers and cabinet organizers to maximize space. Group similar items together and label them for easy access. And most importantly, keep your kitchen clean and tidy to maintain an organized space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefAmandaWason
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
caremmel
  • cheflorraine