• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help...having Trouble Getting Bookings!!

In summary, two consultants discuss their struggles with getting bookings. One has been trying to contact people they know and sending out postcards, but has not had any success. They have also been doing a tent at a local Farmer's Market, but have not been able to book shows. The other consultant suggests trying a fair booth or "pamper your business" event, and emphasizes the importance of making phone calls instead of relying on newsletters and postcards. They also mention the difficulty of getting people to commit to hosting, even though they express interest in the products. The conversation ends with tips for marketing and not giving up despite dry spells in getting bookings.
emo812
Hi,
I'm a new consultant, this is my 3rd month and I'm having a hard time getting bookings. I've tried contacting a lot of people that I know and have sent out postcards but nothing is working.

I'm getting frustrated because people tell me they don't know enough people to have a show or wouldn't mind going to one but don't want to have one. I've also been doing a tent at the local Farmer's Market and people look but don't want to book shows.

I know the Sept special is awesome but I can't get anyone to confirm a date for a show. Suggestions would be welcome. Just a note I do have a full-time job and am doing PC part-time. That might be part of the reason I'm having a hard time too.

Erin

I know how you feel. My leads have dried up and I just celebrated my 90th day this week. Could you do a fair booth somewhere? Lots of people say this helps to get new leads. Maybe look into doing a "pamper your business"? There are numerous threads on this and lots of different ways to do it. But really, as much as we wish sending newsletters and mailing out postcards would work, they can't replace the good ol' telephone. :)

So I'm going to add my own little mini-vent and share in your frustration....sorry for the hijack...

Why is it that everyone I talk to says "oh I LOVE pampered Chef" "I love the products" but then say they don't want to host. No one wants to commit to being a host, yet they say that maybe they'll place an order in the future or possibly book in the future. I keep thinking...."What future!! I may have to go inactive since I'm not getting any shows!" AAAHHH!

Okay, I'm done venting...now I'm going to work on planning my fall open house. I've decided to do it the 27th. I'm making a flyer to hand out to my neighbors as I go for walks, and I'm mailing out to my friends, family, and previous hosts and guests. I plan to follow up with phone calls, because I know no one will RSVP. :) I'm hoping this event will be a success. But at least it gives me an excuse to call my previous people and maybe if they can't come they'll be interested in our amazing host specials coming up.

Wear PC Logo-Wear, from Merrill everywhere!
Advertise -newspaper, flyers, friends, leave catty's where you can!
Ask for Referrals!

I always mention the Host Program at my shows, I average about 2 bookings per show. I'm getting better about remembering to mention the Recruiting.

I send out e-mails from my website just about every 2 weeks. But I vary it for 'Visit My Website', 'Host A Show', 'Start Your Own Biz', etc. I get quite a few bites that way!

I admit my downfall is the follow-up! I need to get better w/that!

Ask everyone, if they can't -get a referal! If space is the problem ask them to co-host or offer to hold it at your home.

I hope these help!

Thanks for the tips. I guess in a way I'm a little phone phobic. I just don't want to be too pushy so that people see my number and go "oh no it's that annoying pampered chef girl". I've tried a couple of PAB letters to some hair salons and haven't gotten anything from it. I think the problem might be because my mom decided to be a consultant after me so now I don't have any of her friends or leads. Plus it doesn't help that we live in the same town either. I think that I'm just getting a little frustrated because I do work full-time and don't feel I'm spending enough time on PC to get going and get bookings.

I work full time too and that can be challenging. Not sure what your work environment is like, but I know I have to be careful with marketing my business at work. So, I have one of those stands you use to hold paper when you type and have catalogs on it. When people ask at work, then I can give them the info.

Few suggestions....
- Have you followed up with everyone you sent postcards to with a phone call?
- Have you looked over your "list of 100"?
- Have you been asking for referrals?
- Have you tried pampering a business?

Don't give up! We all have dry spells! Keep working away at it and you'll get to where you wanna go!! :) Keep us posted!

For anyone that doesn't want to do a cooking show, always ask if they will do a catalog show and then explain the catalog show concept to them - sometimes that works!! :)

What are some tips for getting more bookings?

1. Utilize your network: Reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances to see if they would be interested in hosting a party or event. They may also be able to refer you to others who would be interested.

2. Offer incentives: Consider offering a discount or free products to those who book a party with you. This can entice potential hosts to book with you.

3. Attend local events: Set up a booth at a local fair, festival, or farmers market to showcase your products and promote your business. This can help you reach a larger audience and potentially find new leads.

4. Host virtual parties: With the rise of online platforms, virtual parties have become a popular way to connect with potential hosts and customers. Use social media and other online platforms to host a virtual party and showcase your products.

5. Follow up: If you have reached out to potential hosts and haven't received a response, don't be afraid to follow up with them. Sometimes, people may forget or get busy, so a friendly reminder can help seal the deal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristanmary
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KristinB1023
  • maestraMichelle
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
maestraMichelle
  • RMR1984