• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having Trouble Getting Bookings

In summary, Tammy was having a hard time getting booked after qualifying for her four PC shows. She has some leads for a cooking show, but she is waiting to call them until she can take care of some personal business.
maestraMichelle
I know that this has been posted a million times, I just need a little encouragement. I had my four shows, and qualified (yeah, I got my knives!). But most of the people didn't follow my advice and only had a few guests at each show. Since most were family, I couldn't push too hard. But now I don't have any more bookings, although I have some leads who are wanting to schedule into April :( I have a customer care call to do this week, which I hope will turn into a booking, but other than that, nothing else. (I am waiting a few days to call, since the customer got ripped off by another consultant a few months ago that took their money and ran- I want to give her a few days with her stuff before I call her). Any other suggestions for me? I already have a wedding registry set up- I just can't get any shows scheduled!

Do you have a grocery store you frequent? I bring a season's best with me to shop for a recipe. I talk about the recipe I'm making for my family. When the clerk mentions it sounds good. I say it's a Pampered Chef recipe. Has she heard of PC? I'd love to show her and her friends new spring products and recipes. Give her a mini catalog and ask if you can call her at her convenicence to set up a show.

Post office- anyone you know on a first name basis?

My first shows started at the espresso. I didn't even know her name, but I went there every day. I mentioned where I was going for PC that night, and she loved PC.

Look back at any outside orders you had at your shows. Call all of them and offer a cooking show.

Business cards or a flyer at the local super market.

floral shops and bridal shops- ask to put your wedding information in there and offer them a gift for any registries you get.

Just hang in there! Stay positive, too! I mean, you qualified in 30 days AND earned 3 new forged knives! Not all of us start with a bang (believe me!). But, give it time and it will happen. I know my first two months were pretty good, then it got really slow for a few months, but then it picked up momentum. Just look for opportunities to get your name out there with PC. If you attend a church, see if there are any marketing avenues there (our church does an insert in the program once a month where services and such can be advertised). I have been amazed at how it kind of spiderwebs out (if that makes sense) from getting bookings from parties. You just have to keep expanding your circle. But, mostly, stay positive. That's the first step, I think. And just keep your ears and eyes open for avenues to pursue.

Continued good luck!

Tammy

Hang in there... I had a month or so ago that I thought I'd implode with lack of bookings... but now I get at least 2 bookings a show and we're plodding along. Not as full as I'd like to be but I do need to get on the phone more. LOL...

I know what you mean... I have the same problem. Mine is a little more complex in that I'm not sure if I want to do something about it. I've decided I'll try to keep active until baby is due and once baby is settled I'll push it more. Both this pregnancy and when I was pregnant with my son left me completely exhausted so I don't really feel like working two jobs right now. Meanwhile... I don't actually have any suggestions :) I'm stuck too! Have you tried a catalogue show or two with friends who don't want to host? You can be the catalogue host if you wish - or you can try to get them to be one. The other option which I think I'll use in the future - not much use now I'm afraid - is a "NEW SEASON OPEN HOUSE!" I think I have enough customers from teh shows I've had that this might fly. But if you are new too - it is probably too soon. I'm not that helpful today am I? :) Good luck though. I think it is worth it to push through the dry season. ZK

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas everyone, I really appreciate it!

1. How can I generate more interest and bookings for my Pampered Chef parties?

To increase interest and bookings, consider reaching out to your existing network of friends, family, and acquaintances. You can also utilize social media to promote your parties and offer special incentives for those who bring a friend. Networking events and vendor fairs are also great ways to introduce new people to Pampered Chef.

2. I've reached out to my network, but I'm still having trouble getting bookings. What can I do?

If you're not having luck with your existing network, try expanding your reach by joining local community groups, attending neighborhood events, or partnering with other businesses to cross-promote your parties. You can also offer virtual parties for those who may not be able to attend in person.

3. I'm worried about asking people to host a party. How can I overcome this fear?

Remember that you are offering a valuable service and experience to your hosts and their guests. Be confident in your product and the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party. You can also offer incentives and rewards for hosting, such as free products or discounts.

4. I'm struggling to find a good time and date for my parties. How can I work around this?

Consider offering flexible options for your hosts, such as weekday evenings or weekend mornings. You can also offer virtual parties, which can be more convenient for busy schedules. Additionally, be open to rescheduling if needed to accommodate your host's availability.

5. I'm not sure how to approach potential hosts. What should I say?

When reaching out to potential hosts, be personable and genuine. Let them know why you love Pampered Chef and how hosting a party can benefit them. Be prepared to answer any questions they may have and offer to provide additional information or a sample of the products. Remember to follow up and stay in touch with potential hosts to keep the conversation going.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • pattikake45
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tara-Ann
  • Rhonda-Roo