• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ignoring Someone on Social Media: A Step-by-Step Guide

In summary, to put someone on your iggy list, you need to search for "view public profile", under the picture of the person, and under "send message" and "user lists". You need to click on "user lists", and then under "add to ignore list" click on the person's name.
raebates said:
I told The Furry Guy about that conversation. I also told him that by the end of it you all agreed that he is a genius. Smart, cute, willing to put up with me--I'm obviously married to the perfect man. :D
...and McGyver! Don't forget he is McGyver! Give him a paper clip, a gym sock, and a stick of gum, and he can rescue you from any situation!:thumbup:

So true. And, trust me, there are times I need rescuing. LOL!

ChefBeckyD said:
...and McGyver! Don't forget he is McGyver! Give him a paper clip, a gym sock, and a stick of gum, and he can rescue you from any situation!:thumbup:

MacGyver is HOT! Sorry... I went to HS with a guy who's sister dated Richard Dean Anderson... Prrrrrrr:love:

Kacey, I am worried about you, honey! You are purring about Richard Dean Anderson, but you freaked about the picture of the HOT cooking guy!!!! I think dehydration may be setting in!

chefmeg said:
Kacey, I am worried about you, honey! You are purring about Richard Dean Anderson, but you freaked about the picture of the HOT cooking guy!!!! I think dehydration may be setting in!

I know, I'm not myself...my hands are sweaty and I'm burning up... I may end up having to go to the doctor...

I never call other guys HOT! NEVER!!! And now I'm getting pictures of John Travolta from Mere, cause he's a cutie... and I'm calling him my hunny! What's wrong?!?!?!?!

AAaahhhhhhhh :yuck::cry::eek:

I'm thinking the doctor might not be a bad idea if you have had this problem for more than a day or 2....seriously!!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
But some of my best tips and ideas come from socializing with other Cheffers!:angel: (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!)

(how else would I know exactly how to turn a horse trough into a hot tub?:confused:)

Rae, Oh RAE - you need to share this story with the rest of us!!!

chefmeg said:
I'm thinking the doctor might not be a bad idea if you have had this problem for more than a day or 2....seriously!!!!!

I have a very touchy stomach and GI tract... so if any food I eat is borderline questionable I'll be sick for days. I have a great nutritionist I work with because doctors were clueless. I take acidophilis, L-Glutamate, and two other healthy supplements that reduce the bad and angry bacteria in my intestines and stomach and increase the healthyand bring balance back to the universe which is my stomach and intestine... :) It's like having the Force with me! :) :D

I also drink a rice protein drink to calm my stomach as well. Rice is very soothing. I also take Ginger... I know that if I get a fever that lasts for more than a day I need to go to the doctor, so far I got a little low grade fever around supper and am still warm, but it hasn't gone up. I'm an old pro at this, so I'm not worried, although I can understand how you would be.

My nutritionist is a 25 year nursing veteran, and also studies Chinese medicine... I only use the pink stuff and imodium until the other supplements have a chance to kick in, which can take 2-3 days. I will be fine by Wednesday at the latest...

Thanks for your concern. I'm off to bed- the stomach issues stem from the lack of hormones in my body and also from endometriosis... some times I don't even have to eat to get sick. It's so much better than it was a year ago, and LOADS better than it was 10 years ago.

HTH's explain that I'm not dying, my stomach is just easily disrupted and turn every which way but lose...

Thanks for your love ChefMeg! :)

Thought you were going to bed missy {{{{{hugs}}}} I hope you see some feeling better tomorrow !!!!

merego said:
Katie, Kacey and I are going to be rocking the house ( conference) next year~ oh yeah...woop woop :)

Don't forget about me!

Ooo - goody. Now we have enough for the 2-bed, 2-bath!!!

ChefBeckyD said:

THAT is funny!:D

And once again a thread is no longer about the beginning subject! HA!

I hope all of you can see this post and aren't ignoring me!! HA!

As I have said in the past, I would love for people to see who is ignoring them b/c when I am bad or do not like someone I want them to know it too!!! And maybe it would make the person think about their actions too!

Well, I need to go get some work done.

jrstephens said:

As I have said in the past, I would love for people to see who is ignoring them b/c when I am bad or do not like someone I want them to know it too!!! And maybe it would make the person think about their actions too!

What? Was someone saying something?

lol

wadesgirl said:
Don't forget about me!

sorry wadesgirl, oh and what about Dor???? we may need to get adjoining rooms to fit us all in!! Look out Chicago 2009 :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I know, I'm not myself...my hands are sweaty and I'm burning up... I may end up having to go to the doctor...

I never call other guys HOT! NEVER!!! And now I'm getting pictures of John Travolta from Mere, cause he's a cutie... and I'm calling him my hunny! What's wrong?!?!?!?!

AAaahhhhhhhh :yuck::cry::eek:

I think I may be a bad influence on sweet, innocent Kacey :)

merego said:

sorry wadesgirl, oh and what about Dor???? we may need to get adjoining rooms to fit us all in!! Look out Chicago 2009 :)

Of course - first you would have to all be in the same wave......;)

jrstephens said:

Oh sweetie, I could never ignore you :) I can still see you and hope you can still see me. Kacey told me ( in a good way) I was wound out and wacky yesterday so hopefully I didn't offend anyone :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Of course - first you would have to all be in the same wave......;)

yep, that is true. Katie and I will be because we live 30 minutes from each other. Do they switch who is in what wave each year? We'll just have to crash the wave with the people we want to party with!! ha ha... Guess we will be in Chicago for 2 weeks huh??

Ok, so how about a chef success convention????

merego said:
yep, that is true. Katie and I will be because we live 30 minutes from each other. Do they switch who is in what wave each year? We'll just have to crash the wave with the people we want to party with!! ha ha... Guess we will be in Chicago for 2 weeks huh??

It doesn't go by how close you live to each other. Waves are determined by who you have as an Executive Director. The only people you can be assured of being with are the ones who have the same Executive director as you. I know people who live in my town who are in a different wave than I was this year.

And yep - every year it's different.

ChefBeckyD said:
It doesn't go by how close you live to each other. Waves are determined by who you have as an Executive Director. The only people you can be assured of being with are the ones who have the same Executive director as you. I know people who live in my town who are in a different wave than I was this year.

And yep - every year it's different.

ohh thanks :) shows you what I know. Never said I was the brighest bulb in the lamp :)Talking out my booty again without the facts.
Pretty much everyone I know from Cincy who sells PC is in wave 3 ( now I don't know everyone in CINCY, but I know quite a few people who sell it)

Ok, then back to let's have a chef success convention :)

Those of us who aren't going to NC this year have our own wave.
leaf_blower.jpg

EWWWWWW!!!!! KG I cannot believe you had to post this!!!!! :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

been missing you KG good to see you back even if it means posting that HA!!

merego said:
I think I may be a bad influence on sweet, innocent Kacey :)

I am not sure which one of you are the "bad" influence b/c when you two have been "together" sparks or influences have been flying, haha!!

Of course, a little excitement does us all good. Or should I say controversy!

jrstephens said:
I am not sure which one of you are the "bad" influence b/c when you two have been "together" sparks or influences have been flying, haha!!

Of course, a little excitement does us all good. Or should I say controversy!

Okay, I take full responisibility for the reason behind why Kelly even started this thread... but in the grand scheme of things, our trouble is really harmless and fun- :) (Although Mere's trouble seems to be scantilly clad bo-hunk "chefs") My trouble surrounds getting skewered by the resident skewerer... say that 10 times fast...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

leaf_blower.jpg

I wish my thighs were that slender.... It just isn't right...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

And the rabble rousing has begun again!:rolleyes:

Kitchen Diva said:
My trouble surrounds getting skewered by the resident skewerer... say that 10 times fast...

I do not need to be trying to say this while I am at work!! ha!

jrstephens said:

Not sure I would want people to see who has put them on ignore, but at least that someone has put them on ignore. Of course, then if someone put me on ignore, I would go crazy trying to figure out who it was and what I did to offend them so.

has "she" been booted off the forum? I tried to look up something under her username and nothing is found? i could be spelling it wrong i reckon.

Jen, I don't know...either way- she needs love and prayer, ya know :)

Even if Greg did disable her account, since we don't have to provide consultant numbers or SS# or first born children, there isn't anything preventing her from signing up again under a different name.

katie0128 said:
Even if Greg did disable her account, since we don't have to provide consultant numbers or SS# or first born children, there isn't anything preventing her from signing up again under a different name.

Yeah, but she'd also have to pay under another name/account too. Not completely undoable, but does make it a little more difficult

katie0128 said:

And she would have to use a different email address. I tried to change my username when I first came on b/c I did not realize that my "login" name would be the same thing displayed by my name and I could not b/c I would have had to enter a different email address and I did not want to do that.

Kitchen Diva said:
Jen, I don't know...either way- she needs love and prayer, ya know :)

Yep, I know.

I was just wanting to find an old thread b/c I cannot remember for sure if this is someone I had a "run in" with several months ago out of the blue. But I am pretty sure it is.

Not wanting to cause more trouble just trying to satisfy my own doubts!:rolleyes:

jrstephens said:
Yep, I know.

I was just wanting to find an old thread b/c I cannot remember for sure if this is someone I had a "run in" with several months ago out of the blue. But I am pretty sure it is.

Not wanting to cause more trouble just trying to satisfy my own doubts!:rolleyes:
- of course not- then you'd have to lump yourself with Mere and me! :) LOL hahahahaa :D :blushing: ;) :p

I pm'd you what you are looking for...

Wow, I go kayaking for one weekend and look at all I missed!! Drama, mayhem, foolishness, carrying on.... (Sorry, I've been watching clean house on the style channel TOO much!)

sk8rgrrl99 said:
Wow, I go kayaking for one weekend and look at all I missed!! Drama, mayhem, foolishness, carrying on.... (Sorry, I've been watching clean house on the style channel TOO much!)

You go away from here for a few minutes and you missed a lot , ha!

That is SO true!!

sk8rgrrl99 said:

I LOVE that show! :)

jrstephens said:
Yep, I know.

Oh, I remember that! It was a few months ago. I'm trying to remember the circumstances....

katie0128 said:
Rae, Oh RAE - you need to share this story with the rest of us!!!

Here goes:

I was pointing out that The Furry Guy is often referred to as MacGyver because he often uses things for other than their intended purpose. He tends to come home with van-loads of stuff from rummage sales and auctions, then use them later in really creative ways.

Case in point--years ago we purchased a 6-foot round, metal horse trough to use as a cooling-off pool. It's plenty large enough for our little family of three to sit in and cool off. Since it's a horse trough, the water is stagnant and gets nasty really quickly. The Furry Guy got tired of having to empty, scrub, and refill it all the time. Since we only paid $50 for it, we refused to spend $80 for a pool filter.

A year or so after we bought it, The Furry Guy came in from the barn and said, "I figured it out."

I asked him what.

He said, "A giant fish tank filter." (Yes, we often have odd, cryptic conversations like this. After 23 years, we've gotten used to it.)

Over the next few days, he created a giant fish tank filter. He used a sump-pump with an old vacuum cleaner hose to move the water from the pool to the filter. The filter is made from two tall kitchen trash cans, part of an old Little Tykes basketball goal (siliconed in to form a spout), old pillows, charcoal, polyfill, and gravel. It works amazingly well.

A few years ago he added a section of black tile to the system so it now heats the water as well as cleaning it.

I'm guessing you now understand why we call him MacGyver, and why he's considered a genius. (Actually, I say that marrying me proved his genius, but that's a different conversation.)

wow Rae he sounds pretty handy. When something is broke at my house I either have to pay to get it fixed or ignore the problem. We had a leak in my kitchen sink and after a few months my dad came to see us and I had to have him look under the sink and we had a whole in my garbage disposal.

If he can't fix it or re-tool it, he scraps it out and sells bits and pieces for cold, hard cash.

raebates said:
If he can't fix it or re-tool it, he scraps it out and sells bits and pieces for cold, hard cash.

Please don't talk about cold- it's 88 degrees in my house right now, and the poor bag of frozen peas I have placed on the back of my neck is crying to be put back into the freezer! UGH!

jrstephens said:
has "she" been booted off the forum? I tried to look up something under her username and nothing is found? i could be spelling it wrong i reckon.

She was last logged in yesterday at 8:26PM....so I can still find her.

I don't think she can be banned from the board for just pi$$ing people off........she has to truly voilate rules.....BUT, do not let that stop you from asking Greg anyway!

As Carolyn has pointed out in the past, she has some definite emotional issues that she is not admitting to and needs more help than we can give her. Anyone with that much pent up bitterness needs God and some good meds too!If she is going to conference, she needs to hear Pat Pearson too and get rid of some baggage! I'm sure she didn't have a nice childhood to develop into that bitter of a personality.

<h2>1. How do I put someone on my iggy list?</h2><p>To put someone on your "iggy" or ignore list on social media, you will need to go to their profile or post and look for a button or option that says "ignore" or "block." This may be located under the "more" or "settings" option on their profile. Click on this button and confirm the action to add them to your iggy list.</p><h2>2. I thought there was a button by their posts that I could just hit, but I am missing it...</h2><p>Some social media platforms may have a specific button or option to ignore or block someone directly from their posts, but this may not be the case for all platforms. If you cannot find this button, try going to the person's profile and looking for the option there. If you still cannot find it, you may need to search for specific instructions for your particular platform or reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.</p><h2>3. I did a search, and still can't find my answer!</h2><p>If you have tried searching for instructions on how to ignore someone on social media and still cannot find the answer, try reaching out to the platform's customer support or community forums for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific instructions for your particular platform or help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.</p><h2>4. TIA</h2><p>"TIA" stands for "thanks in advance" and is often used as a polite way to thank someone for their help or assistance before they have even provided it. In this context, it is likely the person is thanking others in advance for their responses to their question about putting someone on their iggy list.</p>

Related to Ignoring Someone on Social Media: A Step-by-Step Guide

1. How do I put someone on my iggy list?

To put someone on your "iggy" or ignore list on social media, you will need to go to their profile or post and look for a button or option that says "ignore" or "block." This may be located under the "more" or "settings" option on their profile. Click on this button and confirm the action to add them to your iggy list.

2. I thought there was a button by their posts that I could just hit, but I am missing it...

Some social media platforms may have a specific button or option to ignore or block someone directly from their posts, but this may not be the case for all platforms. If you cannot find this button, try going to the person's profile and looking for the option there. If you still cannot find it, you may need to search for specific instructions for your particular platform or reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.

3. I did a search, and still can't find my answer!

If you have tried searching for instructions on how to ignore someone on social media and still cannot find the answer, try reaching out to the platform's customer support or community forums for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific instructions for your particular platform or help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.

4. TIA

"TIA" stands for "thanks in advance" and is often used as a polite way to thank someone for their help or assistance before they have even provided it. In this context, it is likely the person is thanking others in advance for their responses to their question about putting someone on their iggy list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • esavvymom