• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ignoring Someone on Social Media: A Step-by-Step Guide

In summary, to put someone on your iggy list, you need to search for "view public profile", under the picture of the person, and under "send message" and "user lists". You need to click on "user lists", and then under "add to ignore list" click on the person's name.
HA moronica dimwitz~~ you slay me Ann :)

You all can be my friends :) except for Moronica Dimwitz :) ha ha

My question is why isnt that person gone yet?? So many complaints from so many of us!! I saw what was going on last night---and it was just ugly.

I hope Greg sees the "bad vibe" that one sends out!

Oh man, I missed it! Someone PM and tell me where to look!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Which is why I'm scared to go to a MnG :) I would fear showing up and people saying "Who's GeorgiaPeach? We don't remember any of your posts." Kinda like being the unpopular kid at school.

I feel that way when I look at someone's profile and they have 25 friends...and I only have 2 :eek:

Wow...sounds like I need therapy!:eek:

I'd remember you, because YOU'RE the one that got me in trouble yesterday! :p:D LOL!!! I'm totally kidding...

I too would worry about saying something that should have been kept in my head. :)

Linda....you don't want to do that to yourself...........it is really not good to rehash crap when it happens! PM me if you really must know!

As for the the "ignore" button, just be prepared to see ignored posts if someone quotes them....they come up then!

chefann said:
You see the burgundy bar above their post with the text "This post is hidden because Moronica Dimwitz in on your ignore list" and there's a link to view the post (in case you're dying of curiosity).

And the iggy list is a function of the forum software. I'm sure the developers are too smart to implement a feature that would allow users to see who had them on ignore. That would just start too much trouble.

Oh, Ann, you really should have put a "go pee before you read this" disclaimer on that one....I asked Kacey to do that sometime back because I would be reading one of her posts, laugh and then....well, TMI on the rest!

I can't take credit for that - it's the name KG uses in the same situation. :)And I must have missed the "excitement", too. Unless the people involved are already on my iggy list (and there are about 18 on my iggy list, although most don't post much any more).

Okay, I got the PM about it. Yep, I missed it and since I now know who said it I don't 'need' to go look for it either!

chefann said:
I can't take credit for that - it's the name KG uses in the same situation. :)

And I must have missed the "excitement", too. Unless the people involved are already on my iggy list (and there are about 18 on my iggy list, although most don't post much any more).

you are welcome to PM me if you must know the drama!;)

pamperedlinda said:
Oh man, I missed it! Someone PM and tell me where to look!

Me too, me too, I just can't stand not being in the know!! LOL

I stand by what I said in defense of my girl Kacey :) I was telling pampered Chris and jennifer that I am the nicest person until someone messes with me, my family or my friends and then the B*TCH comes out and I couldn't take all the insulting last night and I had to say something, it just wasn't nice. We shouldn't be insulting each other and being mean, that is not why we are here.

Kitchen Diva said:
I'd remember you, because YOU'RE the one that got me in trouble yesterday! :p:D LOL!!! I'm totally kidding...

I too would worry about saying something that should have been kept in my head. :)

Are you at work or home sick?? I hope you are feeling better :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
Let's just hope Greg doesn't add a feature that shows us who put us on ignore! Not sure I could handle that!

Amen to that!

merego said:
Are you at work or home sick?? I hope you are feeling better :)

I am home sick today- waiting for DH to buy me some crackers and gingerale and immodium AD! :(

Kitchen Diva said:

Man alive...don't do that to me! I started thinking..."was I on here yesterday? What did I say?" Gosh, maybe I do need therapy if I'm THAT paranoid! I didn't have these problems until I joined CS :p

GeorgiaPeach said:
Man alive...don't do that to me! I started thinking..."was I on here yesterday? What did I say?" Gosh, maybe I do need therapy if I'm THAT paranoid! I didn't have these problems until I joined CS :p

You are funny! I asked you to be my friend if that cheers you up! :)

It was what I said in Chef Liz's Amish recruiting thread that started it all... and you were kind enough to be chatting with me, so if I go down, yer comming down with me! :) LOL

Sorry I scared you- I was seriously teasing. I consider it an honor to have been skewed by the great skewer'er of CS...again...

chefann said:
I'm dreading the day a Cheffer introduces themself to me in real life and I blurt out, "Oh. I don't know you that well because you're on my ignore list." :rolleyes: And it would be just like me to stick my foot in my mouth like that.

Baaahhhh hahahahaha!!!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
I am home sick today- waiting for DH to buy me some crackers and gingerale and immodium AD! :(

awww :( sorry you are sick. If I lived closer I would make you some homemade soup and bring you crakcers and gingerale.

merego said:
I stand by what I said in defense of my girl Kacey :) I was telling pampered Chris and jennifer that I am the nicest person until someone messes with me, my family or my friends and then the B*TCH comes out and I couldn't take all the insulting last night and I had to say something, it just wasn't nice. We shouldn't be insulting each other and being mean, that is not why we are here.

I resemble that comment...

Having got some explanation about the brouhaha including some of the involved parties, I can see why there was a situation. Some people are better ignored by everyone.

chefann said:
Having got some explanation about the brouhaha including some of the involved parties, I can see why there was a situation. Some people are better ignored by everyone.

You missed the part wher I was lumped with KG for posting nonsense or something to that effect... I was just so star struck that I was lumped together with KG I didn't know what to do- except tell her I was honored to be lumped together in a category with KG! :)

It's hard to ignore someone I'd like to help- but maybe she cannot be helped so I have to help myself by just leaving well enough alone...

Moronica Dimwitz- too funny!!!

chefann said:

Sure, tell everyone I'm a trouble maker ;)

Did you have fun at conference? You were missed! I thought of you as I drank my stash! :)

I didn't mean that you were a troublemaker! :)And I go to conference later this week - wave 3. In fact, I'm procrastinating doing laundry to pack.

chefann said:
I didn't mean that you were a troublemaker! :)

And I go to conference later this week - wave 3. In fact, I'm procrastinating doing laundry to pack.

Okay, cause I was gonna have to post this
138.gif
to remind you that I'm not a trouble maker... just in case. And I still thought of you as I drank my tea...

Okay, I'm just SLOW then- cause I thought you were at conference. LOL (walking away red in the face for not realizing you were not gone...)

lol get with it kacey you must of spiked that tea you were drinking when you were thinking of Ann

christinaspc said:
lol get with it kacey you must of spiked that tea you were drinking when you were thinking of Ann

And the funny thing, is that I probably replied to one of her posts, too- so many people are gone this week I can't keep track of who is here and who isn't- obviously ! :blushing::blushing::blushing:

I get to post this today in honor of my slowness...
children_riding_schoo_a_mw-1.gif

Kacey~we can't help someone that doesn't even recognize they have a problem!

Many years ago, when I was still working full time in a hospital laboratory, there was a co-worker named Jenny. Jenny plucked my last nerve just by showing up for our shift! She was one of those people that was very needy and wanted for everyone to like her, but managed to run people away because she just didn't see that her neediness was a problem she had to recognize. I was regularly being called into my bosses office to defend myself against Jenny's latest trauma of why "Margaret doesn't like me"....I could never get my boss to explain that Jenny's life didn't need to depend on wether I liked her or not, only on if she liked herself! It drove me nuts! If you can't recognize that we all have flaws and some of them you need to change and improve, you just won't get far in life.....and you will be really unhappy along the way!

haha that would of been more funny if you had responded to her comments.

chefmeg said:
Kacey~we can't help someone that doesn't even recognize they have a problem!

Many years ago, when I was still working full time in a hospital laboratory, there was a co-worker named Jenny. Jenny plucked my last nerve just by showing up for our shift! She was one of those people that was very needy and wanted for everyone to like her, but managed to run people away because she just didn't see that her neediness was a problem she had to recognize. I was regularly being called into my bosses office to defend myself against Jenny's latest trauma of why "Margaret doesn't like me"....I could never get my boss to explain that Jenny's life didn't need to depend on wether I liked her or not, only on if she liked herself! It drove me nuts! If you can't recognize that we all have flaws and some of them you need to change and improve, you just won't get far in life.....and you will be really unhappy along the way!

I know- and, I agree--- it's just the nice person in me wanting to help out and you are right, if you don't know that you have some serious issues you cannot change. But I can still pray- so I will.

I think we all have had "jenny's" in our lives- I had a couple of them when I worked for this one place at the Mall of America- I was always being called into the office- and I'm like "Really?" You are calling me in here for this?!?! So I feel your pain...

Thanks for being such a great encourager- I'm off to get some crackers and gingerale! Whoo-hoo...nutrition! Let's hope it stays in my tummy this time!

Kacey, I am with Ann at conference~woo-hoo!!!!
I am procrastinating too, I am having a packing dilema of purse, jewlery and shoes at the moment.
shoes.gif

Kacey- try the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. (Not necessarily at the same sitting. ;) )end hijack

chefann said:
Kacey- try the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. (Not necessarily at the same sitting. ;) )

end hijack[/QUOTE

I started that this morning- the banana didn't make it :yuck::cry:

merego said:
Kacey, I am with Ann at conference~woo-hoo!!!!
I am procrastinating too, I am having a packing dilema of purse, jewlery and shoes at the moment.
shoes.gif

Ugh- shoes... You are gonna be dressed to the nine's and uncomfortable you hotty little 9 you! :) Packing is no fun-nope, no fun at all.

I always end up over packing and then I get home thinking how much my suitcase would of weighted alot less if i would of over packed.

chefshawna said:
That's o.k., I don't have any friends! :cry:

Me either-Lol!

SummerG said:
Me either-Lol!

summer G, you can be my friend :)
Shawna, I asked you to be my friend earlier, didn't I??

I have a bit of advice for anyone who is afraid that someone who didn't recognize their screen name had placed them on an ignore list. A lot of people don't actually pay attention to screen names. Here's how several conversations went for me at NC:Cheffer who saw my button: Oh, you're on Chef Success?Me: Yes, I'm raebates.Cheffer with blank look in her eyes: Ooookaaaaay.Me: I'm the one with the star slippers and painted toenails. I'm married to The Furry Guy.Cheffer: OMG! I know who you are!

True! There were a few people I met last year who told me their screen name and real name, and I just didn't make the connection until I got home and saw a post from them.

When we met at Leadership in January, we all put post-it notes on like name tags with our screen names and real names. I still don't remember most people's real names, but I can tell you their screen names... or more likely, their avatar!

That reminds me - I have to grab my pack of name tags and put them in my suitcase. The post-its didn't stick really well to clothing. :) Are you going to be there, Katie? (I know I could check the class schedule, but I'm feeling lazy right now.)

NO!:cry::cry::cry: I'm not going to be at NC this year. DH is being unsupportive and wouldn't dream of the "budget" paying for it, and since I didn't earn enough extra in commissions this year... I'm stuck here!:cry::cry::cry:

BUT, the bright side is I already know all about the new products and promotions and such! Since I'm not going, I don't need to worry about spoiling anything for myself! I'm already making a list of people to call on Saturday when the "all clear" is given!!!

Now I think I'm going to pout and be hurt that you didn't realize I wasn't going. humph...:grumpy:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I've been a little nuts over here myself and didn't have my mental list of who's going.

chefann said:
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I've been a little nuts over here myself and didn't have my mental list of who's going.

My problem was/is that I read all of the threads - so I get totally confused about which wave everyone is in - I think you should have all been with me!

I really think that we need an all-Cheffer wave. Problem is, we'd all be too busy socializing to get any learning done. :)

chefann said:
I really think that we need an all-Cheffer wave. Problem is, we'd all be too busy socializing to get any learning done. :)

But some of my best tips and ideas come from socializing with other Cheffers!:angel: (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!)

(how else would I know exactly how to turn a horse trough into a hot tub?:confused:)

ChefBeckyD said:
(how else would I know exactly how to turn a horse trough into a hot tub?:confused:)

Yeah... 'cuz that's super-relevant to your PC business...

;)

chefann said:
Yeah... 'cuz that's super-relevant to your PC business...

;)

Oh..........it's supposed to be relevant?

Oops!:eek:

katie0128 said:
NO!:cry::cry::cry: I'm not going to be at NC this year. DH is being unsupportive and wouldn't dream of the "budget" paying for it, and since I didn't earn enough extra in commissions this year... I'm stuck here!:cry::cry::cry:

BUT, the bright side is I already know all about the new products and promotions and such! Since I'm not going, I don't need to worry about spoiling anything for myself! I'm already making a list of people to call on Saturday when the "all clear" is given!!!

Now I think I'm going to pout and be hurt that you didn't realize I wasn't going. humph...:grumpy:

Katie, Kacey and I are going to be rocking the house ( conference) next year~ oh yeah...woop woop :)

merego said:
Katie, Kacey and I are going to be rocking the house ( conference) next year~ oh yeah...woop woop :)

Yeah, look out... I was gonna say something funny, but since that didn't go over too well last night I'll just leave it at that! :)

Katie, don't feel bad that Ann didn't know you weren't going to NC--- I thought she was gone, and even told her I missed her, which I did...but she was here all along and doesn't leave until Wednesday! OOPS!:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:

I told The Furry Guy about that conversation. I also told him that by the end of it you all agreed that he is a genius. Smart, cute, willing to put up with me--I'm obviously married to the perfect man. :D

<h2>1. How do I put someone on my iggy list?</h2><p>To put someone on your "iggy" or ignore list on social media, you will need to go to their profile or post and look for a button or option that says "ignore" or "block." This may be located under the "more" or "settings" option on their profile. Click on this button and confirm the action to add them to your iggy list.</p><h2>2. I thought there was a button by their posts that I could just hit, but I am missing it...</h2><p>Some social media platforms may have a specific button or option to ignore or block someone directly from their posts, but this may not be the case for all platforms. If you cannot find this button, try going to the person's profile and looking for the option there. If you still cannot find it, you may need to search for specific instructions for your particular platform or reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.</p><h2>3. I did a search, and still can't find my answer!</h2><p>If you have tried searching for instructions on how to ignore someone on social media and still cannot find the answer, try reaching out to the platform's customer support or community forums for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific instructions for your particular platform or help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.</p><h2>4. TIA</h2><p>"TIA" stands for "thanks in advance" and is often used as a polite way to thank someone for their help or assistance before they have even provided it. In this context, it is likely the person is thanking others in advance for their responses to their question about putting someone on their iggy list.</p>

Related to Ignoring Someone on Social Media: A Step-by-Step Guide

1. How do I put someone on my iggy list?

To put someone on your "iggy" or ignore list on social media, you will need to go to their profile or post and look for a button or option that says "ignore" or "block." This may be located under the "more" or "settings" option on their profile. Click on this button and confirm the action to add them to your iggy list.

2. I thought there was a button by their posts that I could just hit, but I am missing it...

Some social media platforms may have a specific button or option to ignore or block someone directly from their posts, but this may not be the case for all platforms. If you cannot find this button, try going to the person's profile and looking for the option there. If you still cannot find it, you may need to search for specific instructions for your particular platform or reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.

3. I did a search, and still can't find my answer!

If you have tried searching for instructions on how to ignore someone on social media and still cannot find the answer, try reaching out to the platform's customer support or community forums for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific instructions for your particular platform or help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.

4. TIA

"TIA" stands for "thanks in advance" and is often used as a polite way to thank someone for their help or assistance before they have even provided it. In this context, it is likely the person is thanking others in advance for their responses to their question about putting someone on their iggy list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • esavvymom