• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Add to Host Party--Can I Have the Extra $30 Reward?

In summary, the conversation focuses on the possibility of adding $34 to a hostess's order in order to reach the next reward level of $500 and receive an extra $30 in Hostess Reward products. There is some debate on whether this is ethical and within PC policy. It is also suggested that the order could be delivered to the consultant instead. Some members also share tips on how to best handle these types of orders and make the most of the hostess rewards.
chefjwr
I have a hostess who has $34 to the next reward level of $500. If I add the $34, can I receive that extra $30 in Hostess Reward in Products? Is that ok to do since she is not going to be using it? This hostess has been quite frustrating for me and I just want to end with a positive spin. Does the hostess know if you do this or do you just tell the hostess that you have an order coming in on hers and then pick it up?

You can always have the order delivered to you and no one is the wiser. It will show up on her computer receipt, so just print hers before you add the rest of the stuff.

As a customer service, you could divide and bag all her guest items, then drop it off at her house.

I'd say, go for it!

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
You can always have the order delivered to you and no one is the wiser. It will show up on her computer receipt, so just print hers before you add the rest of the stuff.
If you add the items you want from the FPV as a co-host order, then they WON'T show up on the host's receipt. However, there's still the issue of them being in the shipment, which is easily solved by either paying for direct shipping on that order, or having the show shipped to you (as suggested above).

Good point Ann! I forget about the co-host option.

--Jenny L

Sometimes you order things for yourself under the hostess ordering and just tell your hostess that there will be an order for yourself included in her order. Then I just pick up from her when it is convenience. If you bump the party total up and there is extra hostess reward, does your hostess know the difference between the items that are just an order you put on and items that came as part of the hostess reward program? Is it all listed together except for the packing list for the guest? Does she know if you bought at a discount on her order or if the itmes came as part of the hostess reward? Frankly, my hostess had a hard time using the hostess credit she had.

She does NOT know if it was free or just discounted. She'd have a list of what you ordered (either on her packing slip) or as a co-host (if delivered to her).I just let my host know that I'm adding something to her show and give her a list of what I need. Much of the time, it's orders and WELL as something I got. Plus, if she doesn't use her 1/2 price or host benefit, I'll tell her think gifts or if someone wants it, great. Otherwise, I'll take advantage of it b/c I don't want to waste it. Usually these are hosts I know well though.

You guys!

We are not supposed to be ordering for ourselves on host orders. Of course, if we are purchasing a gift for the host or one of her guests as a promotion that we are personally offering that is another story but the host benefits are for the HOST.

I know people do it all the time but it is not ethical and is against PC policy. PC is SOOOOOO generous to us and to our hosts - let's not ruin that by taking advantage of them.

And it is not a good way to train those who are brand new.

Off soapbox now.

Thanks Beth. Just not sure of the rules yet. Thanks to all who offered advice.

Silly question, but why would you spend $34 to boost her sales only to get $30 in free products?

You would have $64 worth of product for $34 plus the comission on the $34.

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
You would have $64 worth of product for $34 plus the comission on the $34.

--Jenny L

Good answer, sometimes I should just smack myself. It's the simple things that I question the most :)

Keep asking questions, that's the way we share information!

--Jenny L

BethCooks4U said:
You guys!

We are not supposed to be ordering for ourselves on host orders. Of course, if we are purchasing a gift for the host or one of her guests as a promotion that we are personally offering that is another story but the host benefits are for the HOST.

I know people do it all the time but it is not ethical and is against PC policy. PC is SOOOOOO generous to us and to our hosts - let's not ruin that by taking advantage of them.

And it is not a good way to train those who are brand new.

Off soapbox now.

Thanks Beth! PC is so good to us and it is frustrating to see consultants "working it" for their own personal benefit. We all have great personal discounts and if consultant choose to abuse our benefits and the host benefits, they one day might decide to re-think what they offer us. We have an AMAZING host program that is FREE to consultants. Other DS companies require the consultant to pay for the host benefits out of their own pockets! PC is sooooo good to us! Please don't use them. And there really aren't a lot of rules & regulations placed on us! Just think it through and do the right thing. Thanks for reading!

1. Can I add to a host party and still receive the extra $30 reward?

Yes, as long as you are a guest at the host party and place an order of $150 or more, you will receive the extra $30 host reward.

2. Do I have to be invited to the host party to add to it and receive the extra $30 reward?

No, you do not have to be invited to the host party. As long as you are a guest and place an order of $150 or more, you will receive the extra $30 host reward.

3. How do I add to a host party and receive the extra $30 reward?

To add to a host party, simply contact the host and let them know you would like to add to their party. Then, place an order of $150 or more and you will automatically receive the extra $30 host reward.

4. Is there a limit to how many times I can add to a host party and receive the extra $30 reward?

No, there is no limit to how many times you can add to a host party and receive the extra $30 reward. However, the total amount of your orders must be $150 or more each time to qualify for the reward.

5. Can I add to a host party and still earn my own host rewards?

Yes, adding to a host party does not affect your own host rewards. As long as your order is $150 or more, you will receive the extra $30 host reward in addition to your own host rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kristibrooke
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • flemings99