• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Identifying Credit Cards: A Helpful Guide for Future Reference

In summary, Sallie was trying to submit an agreement for a new recruit, but she wasn't sure which credit card she was using. The on-line agreement asks which credit card you are paying with, and Sallie was not sure which type of card it was. She was also having a dry spell and didn't want the agreement to "time out." The agreement was accepted and sent, and she is now Sallie's second new recruit.
Addie4TLC
Silver Member
Hi, I'm submitting a an agreement that was filled out. The person entered her credit card information for the kit but did not note what type of cc it is. Is there a way to identify it? I think I read somewhere that the first few numbers do that... Does anyone know of a cheat sheet? I can't reach her right now to get the information. Just curious if there is such a thing, it would be helpful if and when this happens again (although I will be more careful from now on to get the information.) Thank you in advance.

4 = visa
5 = mc
6 = disc
less than 16 #s in the entire card # - amex

Sallie put this is the shoutbox for you.

Visa starts with 4
MC with 5
Discover with 6
AmEx with 3 (and some amex numbers have fewer digits, too)

Oh - and congrats on the recruit!

Perfect!!! Thank you!!! I saw the times in the shout box and I thought maybe I wouldn't get a reply right away and I didn't want the agreement to "time out." It's been accepted and sent. She's my secound of 6 that are in the works before the 17th. WHOOOHOOO!!! Love promotions!! Everyone that needed that extra nudge are responding.

Congrats! Just curious, why did you need to know which kind of CC it was?

cmdtrgd said:
Congrats! Just curious, why did you need to know which kind of CC it was?
On the on-line agreement it asks which credit card you are paying with.

Heh....shows you how long it has been since I entered a CC for a new recruit!!!

cmdtrgd said:
Heh....shows you how long it has been since I entered a CC for a new recruit!!!
LOL I have dry spells too, but this month with the promotion it's been great!

As far as needing the credit card info I was hoping that if I left it blank it would pick out the right one automatically but no such luck. If you leave it blank it will give you an error message until you enter a card type.

Related to Identifying Credit Cards: A Helpful Guide for Future Reference

What is a credit card?

A credit card is a small plastic card issued by a financial institution that allows the cardholder to borrow money from the issuer with the promise to pay it back with interest.

How do I identify a credit card?

The easiest way to identify a credit card is by looking for the issuer's logo or name on the card. It will also have a unique 16-digit number, expiration date, and the cardholder's name. Some cards may also have a security code on the back.

What are the different types of credit cards?

There are several types of credit cards, including rewards cards, balance transfer cards, secured cards, and student cards. Each type has its own features and benefits, so it's important to research and choose the right one for your needs.

How do I know if a credit card is legitimate?

To ensure a credit card is legitimate, check the issuer's website or contact their customer service number. If the card was sent to you unsolicited, be cautious and verify the issuer's information before using it.

Can I use a credit card without a physical card?

Yes, some credit card issuers offer virtual credit cards that can be used for online purchases. These work just like physical credit cards, but the number and expiration date are only valid for a limited time or for a specific transaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• daisy31063
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Cookin' Mama
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies