• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PP - Pampered Partner Update: Enhanced Security for Credit Card Numbers

before.It is a great security feature, but I do miss just getting their numbers on file to hit submit!
dianevill
Gold Member
I still haven't done the BIG SWITCH - I'm just too comfortable with Pampered Partner (I know, I know! :p ). I did an update today and entered a guest order for a show. I entered her credit card number, and after I entered it, the program "x"ed all the numbers except the last 4. So I went back and checked old shows, and they're all like that.:eek:

Am I the last to know this? Did I miss this announcement somewhere along the line?

On the one hand, it was nice to have a repeat customer call and say "just use my number" and I could go get it. On the other hand, though, it's awesome because it's an added security step. I do worry that even though I have PP password protected, I'm sure someone could get in and get all those numbers, and man, having that on my conscience would kill me.

Anyway, just thought I'd share in case anyone else missed this feature, too.

P.S. Yes, I'm sure P3 has this feature already! Still not enough reason for me to abandon my good ol' friend, Pampered Partner. LOL.

This was recently new in P3 too, so it's not just PP. I did hear of it before I actually saw it happening. I forget where though. I agree, it's been nice to have customers' cc #s on file, but it's not the best security.

I noticed that last week when I was looking for a card number on an old Show to use for a customer. I was like what the heck!! Seems good though!!

I heard the feature was added because so many consultants are using laptops which can be easily stolen or aren't able to have a secured connection in public.

I'm very happy about this. I do wish it wouldn't disappear completely though. I will just have to double check it before I move down to enter the exp date. I'm also so excited that I can add an online order with a click of a button. That is just the best. I just did it for the first time, and it was so much better than copying everything down or going back and forth or printing it out. Love love love it!:):):)

My mom was always the one that said just use my card now I will have to ask for it everytime. I do love the new feature though.

It's a great feature. Most other companies do this. They don't keep records of the number used for future use.

I didn't know yet. I do have several people that did the just use my card thing. Oh well. Better safe than sorry I guess.

My mom always did the "just use my card" thing, but I'm GLAD this feature is here now. I feel much safer.It's also why I shred my receipts within a month or two of show closing.

Its nice although what happens when the Credit Card is delcined? I mean I know I could say the last 4 digits of the card but still, I may have made an error?

Oh well, I guess we will have to try it out.

It is a great security feature I think, despite the predictiment I have.

I had several customer's who TRUSTED me enough to say "just use my card". I do remember them saying something about this. I discovered it when my aunt ordered the heart bowl and told me to pull her old number.

It was sent in an email (weekly bites I think) that the programs were doing that. You can enter the card # in the notes part of the guest that wants you to use the same card. That way you will always have it. I didn't update mine yet & now it is too late.

Hadn't noticed that yet.
Diane; I downloaded P3...it was a goal for me to start the new year with the new program! My director & I both actually; another girl in our cluster is going to do a training for us. Gonna teach us old dogs a new trick, lol:rolleyes:

I noticed that a few days ago and I do agree that it's an added security measure but I'll sure miss just getting their numbers on file to hit submit!

I noticed it last night at my show when I went to look at the number to verify it and only the last four were there. It is a great security feature, but I have many customers that call me and say "Do you still have my card number on file I don't want to look it up?" I guess I need to make a note somewhere secure of those numbers, so, I can still give them the same convenience as before.

jrstephens said:
I noticed it last night at my show when I went to look at the number to verify it and only the last four were there. It is a great security feature, but I have many customers that call me and say "Do you still have my card number on file I don't want to look it up?" I guess I need to make a note somewhere secure of those numbers, so, I can still give them the same convenience as before.

I don't know if I'd do that. Anywhere else they make a purchase, they need to get their card out.

I'd just say something like "for your safety and peace of mind, I no longer retain copies of your credit card numbers."

But then, I work in a bank so I'm hyper-vigilant with private financial information anyway.

jenniferp417 said:
I don't know if I'd do that. Anywhere else they make a purchase, they need to get their card out.

I'd just say something like "for your safety and peace of mind, I no longer retain copies of your credit card numbers."

But then, I work in a bank so I'm hyper-vigilant with private financial information anyway.

There are only three that I do it for and they are great friends of mine to, so, me having their info is not a problem for them.

jenniferp417 said:

I am amazed at the # of people who will say to me "Well, you have my # on file - go ahead and charge it to that card." :eek:

I guess, in one respect, I'm glad they trust me enough to do that, but at the same time, I'm just the PC Lady....they don't really know me, and yet, they want me to just keep their CC# on file!

jrstephens said:
There are only three that I do it for and they are great friends of mine to, so, me having their info is not a problem for them.

:thumbup: You're fine then. I just get nervous having it for "strangers." Close friends/family, if we protect it carefully, not a big deal. :)

i do realize that it is a security feature, but this is such a bummer. I've had many customers say, "Oh, just use the same card as my last order." Wow, I'm glad I saw this post.

What is "pp - Did You Notice?"

"pp - Did You Notice?" is a digital newsletter from Pampered Chef that provides updates on new products, recipes, and promotions.

How often is "pp - Did You Notice?" sent out?

"pp - Did You Notice?" is sent out once a month, typically in the first week of the month.

How can I subscribe to "pp - Did You Notice?"

You can subscribe to "pp - Did You Notice?" by visiting the Pampered Chef website and signing up for the newsletter using your email address.

Can I customize the content I receive in "pp - Did You Notice?"

Yes, you can customize the content you receive in "pp - Did You Notice?" by updating your preferences in your Pampered Chef account. You can choose to receive information on specific product lines or opt out of certain topics.

Can I share "pp - Did You Notice?" with others?

Yes, you can share "pp - Did You Notice?" with others by forwarding the email or sharing the newsletter on social media. You can also encourage your friends and family to subscribe to the newsletter themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShellBeach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pamperedtiffani