• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Fun Games and Food Ideas for a 2-Year-Old's Elmo-Themed Birthday Party?

In summary, Ellen and Katie are looking for game ideas for a 2 year olds birthday party. They are considering a bean bag toss, bubbles, and cake. The adults will have the majority of the party while the kids will have a simple time.
momoftwins
Does anyone have any game ideas for a 2 year olds birthday party??????? We will have a lot of little ones here (18 months to 2 years) and I need to figure out what to have them do besides just play! Thanks in advance!

PS - we will be doing an ELMO theme!

PSS - I also need ideas of what food to have as we will have the party from about 4-6pm.

How funny! My little guy turns two in September and I think we're doing Elmo as well!

Not sure about games... how about a bean bag toss? It'll have to be something EASY!

Games??? Actual thought-out-in-advance games with 2 year olds??? Are you nuts? I'd get a bunch of bubbles containers and have the grown-ups blow bubbles for them to chase. Or - going with the Elmo theme - get one of the singing/dancing Elmo's for them to mimic.
Food... PBJ (done with the cut n' seal of course), cut-up fresh fruit... can't think of anything else I'd feed my kids right now... it's late and I just gone done reading Laura's "Changes" thread... OY!!!
Anyway, even at 2, the birthday party is more for the adults than the kids... don't "plan" it too much... you know... the best laid plans of mice and men...

Thanks Katie and Ellen! I was just thinking something simple for games along the lines of bubbles but wasn't sure about anything else. If it is still nice they could go swimming in our pool!

Ellen - when is your little ones bday in Sept??? My twins bday is the 10th! Last year we did Sesame Street 1st bday theme! My daughter (DS is too just not as much) is really big into ELMO right now so thought that would be perfect!

I did Elmo as a theme for my son's 2nd b-day in May. Wilton makes a cake pan that is Elmo's head and it turned out really cute. I will have to post pics when I get back on my laptop!We didn't do any organized games but I bought the kids (5 or 6 of them ages 1-3) all those basketball-sized bouncy elmo balls @ $2 each. It entertained them for hours and it was a built in favor.

momoftwins said:
Thanks Katie and Ellen! I was just thinking something simple for games along the lines of bubbles but wasn't sure about anything else. If it is still nice they could go swimming in our pool!
Ellen - when is your little ones bday in Sept??? My twins bday is the 10th! Last year we did Sesame Street 1st bday theme! My daughter (DS is too just not as much) is really big into ELMO right now so thought that would be perfect!

Swimming pool, bubbles and cake... what 2 year old wouldn't love that party???? Sounds like you have a plan!

gilliandanielle said:
I did Elmo as a theme for my son's 2nd b-day in May. Wilton makes a cake pan that is Elmo's head and it turned out really cute. I will have to post pics when I get back on my laptop!

We didn't do any organized games but I bought the kids (5 or 6 of them ages 1-3) all those basketball-sized bouncy elmo balls @ $2 each. It entertained them for hours and it was a built in favor.

Too funny Gillian! I too bought that same ELMO cake pan! I decorate cakes (of course haven't done one in a few years!) too! I am thinking of making it once before the bday party just for a test run!

I am planning on going to Nobbies tomorrow to look at party favors and invites! I have looked at Factory Card outlet online but have not gone to the actual store yet but may go tomorrow as well! Where did you get your invites, etc????

My sister made an Elmo cake for my niece without using a special pan. She used a standard 9" round (2-layer cake), and also made 2 cupcakes. The cut the crowns off the cupcakes and used those as eyes, and used 1 "stump" as the nose. The layer cake was the head. It looked really cuts, and saved her from having to purchase a special pan. (Just got an idea- a place that rents out those special pans could make a fortune!)

serve goldfish crackers, cheese cubes, fresh fruit, individual cupcakes decorated like Elmo out local grocery stores have them all the time yours might if you need an idea.

Check out http://www.celebrateexpress.com They have really cute themes and I'm pretty sure they have Elmo. I did a Construction theme for my sons b-day, so of course I made dirt cake (which is great b/c it feeds a lot!) I bet you could somehow Elmo-ize a dirt cake (red and white sprinkles, maybe?) and I made an individual prep bowl cake for my son-it was supposed to be a Construction Hat-but it looked more like a yellow igloo. :eek:
If there are going to be adults at your party the sandwhich rings were really popular (and it will give you an excuse to talk about Pampered Chef :D ) and kids and adults love Puppy Chow.

My 2 year old loves the foam shapes that you get at the craft store, the self stick ones. You can get pictures of Elmo and have the kids decorate Elmo's clothes. Or just give them the foam shapes with one of the foam sheets with their name on it and have them make signs for their room.

Serve peanut butter & jelly sandwiches using the Creative Cutters Set...

Or using the Cut n Seal. mmmm.... homemade uncrustables....

We just did Clifford for my 3 year old. I have some supplies left over if you would like to do that and want to know what I have for sale.

Last edited:
I saw this on a friends xanga site and thought it was super cute!

Attachments

• 2yrbday.jpg
    2yrbday.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 263
momoftwins said:
I am planning on going to Nobbies tomorrow to look at party favors and invites! I have looked at Factory Card outlet online but have not gone to the actual store yet but may go tomorrow as well! Where did you get your invites, etc????

Oriental trading has some elmo stuff.

1. What are some fun themes for a 2-year-old birthday party?

Popular themes for a 2-year-old birthday party include animals, trucks and cars, princesses, dinosaurs, and farm animals. You can also consider a simple color theme like pink or blue.

2. What types of activities are suitable for a 2-year-old birthday party?

2-year-olds enjoy simple activities like coloring, playing with building blocks, and dancing to music. You can also set up a sensory play area with items like playdough, finger paints, and water beads.

3. How many guests should I invite to a 2-year-old birthday party?

It's best to keep the guest list small for a 2-year-old's birthday party, around 5-10 children. Too many guests can be overwhelming for a young child and make it difficult to manage the party.

4. What type of food should I serve at a 2-year-old birthday party?

Finger foods are the best option for a 2-year-old birthday party. Some ideas include fruit and veggie trays, cheese and crackers, mini sandwiches, and chicken nuggets. It's also a good idea to have some healthy options like yogurt or hummus for picky eaters.

5. How can I make the party special without spending a lot of money?

You can make the party special without breaking the bank by DIYing decorations and using items you already have at home. You can also ask guests to bring a dish or snack to share, which can help cut down on food costs. Additionally, simple activities like a scavenger hunt or bubbles can provide entertainment without spending a lot of money.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • msinnard
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies