• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Birthday Party Today...need Plan B Ideas....

In summary, DS's 5th birthday party is being moved to the garage due to the weather. There are still scheduled activities, but they will need to be done indoors.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Today is DS's 5th Birthday Party. We had planned a Backyard BBQ Birthday Party, with outdoor games. (Croquet, Badminton, etc...) and a Pinata for the boys.

We are having thunderstorm right now, and according to the weather, this could continue for the entire day. :( Soooo, I need to come up with a Plan B.

What are some fun indoor activities for 4 boys, that
1. Don't require me running out for more supplies
2. Don't require any planning...I'm busy enough today with cleaning, baking, and cooking....

Check out this site. I got great ideas for our outdoor carnival- but they have tons of others. Coolest Ideas for Kid Party Games This link takes you to the Indoor Party Games. ANd they usually utilize things you might have around your house already!Here were a few I came up with before I posted the link above:Are there any games you can bring IN-doors? Pin-the-tail on the Donkey or maybe get some paper and trace an outline of your son, and make a nose...Let him decorate the face or something while you do the party prep. They have to pin the 'nose on the face'.Or do you have some aluminum cans (cut with the smooth-edge can opener) that you can wash out, and then take off the wrapper. If you have some construction paper, wrap that around the cans with different colors and let your son decorate or put stickers on it- then you can set them up in a pyramid to knock down with a soft ball or bean bag or even a balled up tube sock!Or a play-doh playstation?

Is your basement clear? You could play croquet in the basement by making wickets out of paper (cut a long strip and take the ends to the floor, creating an arch).Same for a piñata. Do it in the basement or a playroom that's been cleared of breakables.

chefann said:
Is your basement clear? You could play croquet in the basement by making wickets out of paper (cut a long strip and take the ends to the floor, creating an arch).

Same for a piñata. Do it in the basement or a playroom that's been cleared of breakables.

LOL - that made me laugh. If you could only see my basement! There's a path...um, yeah - that's the best I can do.

We don't have a playroom...VERY small house. We have the new Sunporch - Rick just put the floor in Saturday. It would need some work to be usable, but that may be what we have to do.

Rain date for later in the week?

janetupnorth said:
Rain date for later in the week?

I thought of that, but I have shows, and one day scheduled to go see my mom, and 2 of the 3 boys coming (his 2 cousins) are leaving for vacation later in the week....and I think Micah would be devastated if we put off/canceled.

I'd suggest the garage, but Rick's classic is probably in there, right? :rolleyes:

Happy BDay To you DS! 5 is such a big boy age. = )

I was thinking the same as ChefAnn....is there an open space where they can still play the scheduled activities?

Do you have balloons? They can "race" with one between their legs, towards a chair, then try and pop it on said chair, race back to high five the next in line. When everyone on their team has accomplished this, they've won.

There's also Hot potato, and musical chairs.

Do you have straws and peanuts? Get a piece of cardboard, have them play peanut races by blowing their peanut (or whatever you have at home) across the finish line.

Do you have those big plastic bats? You can use that for the pinata stick if you decide to use the sunroom.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Happy BDay To you DS! 5 is such a big boy age. = )

I was thinking the same as ChefAnn....is there an open space where they can still play the scheduled activities?

Do you have balloons? They can "race" with one between their legs, towards a chair, then try and pop it on said chair, race back to high five the next in line. When everyone on their team has accomplished this, they've won.

There's also Hot potato, and musical chairs.

Do you have straws and peanuts? Get a piece of cardboard, have them play peanut races by blowing their peanut (or whatever you have at home) across the finish line.

Do you have those big plastic bats? You can use that for the pinata stick if you decide to use the sunroom.

In the hands of a few 5 yrs olds, those could still do alot of damage! *lol*

Have hubby hold the pinata and hope for the best????

esavvymom said:
In the hands of a few 5 yrs olds, those could still do alot of damage! *lol*

LOL True....but one at a time, understanding the pinata is the target. :D

I want to clarify.....I'm thinking of those dollar store plastic bats.....the ones you buy for your budding 3 yo baseball star....the ones that collapse and bend when it comes across something with too much impact. :D

That's preferable to the traditional pinata stick....that one would cause major damage!

If you have a box of baking soda. Something really fun to play with, and not too messy is a mix of baking soda and water. When you add just a little water to baking soda it is fun to play with, really gooey.

Do you have "Hullaballoo"? It's a game by Cranium that is awesome! Maybe one of the kids coming have it?? It requires them to listen, but it's a cool bday party game.

Duck, duck, goose, but change the name to something boyish -- whatever he's into. Peter, Peter, Cap'n Hook for instance.

Tootsie roll race. Race from one end of the room to the other pushing the tootsie roll with only your nose.

Other than that, I like Bobbi's ideas! They sound fun to me!

chefann said:
I'd suggest the garage, but Rick's classic is probably in there, right? :rolleyes:

His Car has it's own garage....

But the attached garage is full of stone for the pillars on the front porch, and landscaping stone...

We will probably clear off enough room to do the Pinata out there, but I'm afraid of candy going everywhere and then finding it for months....

janezapchef said:
Have hubby hold the pinata and hope for the best????

LOL!:D :p:D

We are going to draw a Rocket Ship, and have a spaceman that they have to pin in the window. (found a template for a spaceman online)

I like the idea of the peanuts and straw....I think we can do that one!

There will only be 4 of them - so some of the games would be rather quick...

I'd love to know how it went!

Well, thankfully there was a break in the weather, and we were able to play outside! Whew! Our house if VERY small, so I was a bit concerned about that many people inside. The boys chased each other around for a while, and then they played croquet, and ate....and more croquet....and then opened presents, had cake and ice cream - and then the Pinata! Pinata was a huge success, other than we must have bought the industrial strength one by mistake, and it took a lot of adult intervention to finally get it to break!

The brand new FIVE year old went to bed very late, very tired, but very happy!

What are some easy and fun recipe ideas for a last-minute birthday party?

Some easy and fun recipe ideas for a last-minute birthday party include mini pizzas, fruit skewers, and veggie dip cups. These can all be prepared quickly and are perfect for a party setting.

Do you have any suggestions for allergy-friendly birthday party snacks?

Yes, we have plenty of options for allergy-friendly snacks! Some ideas include gluten-free cupcakes, dairy-free fruit smoothies, and nut-free trail mix. We also have a variety of allergy-friendly cooking tools and recipes available.

What are some creative decorations for a birthday party?

Some creative decorations for a birthday party include homemade banners, balloon garlands, and personalized photo backdrops. You can also add a special touch with themed plates, cups, and napkins.

How can I keep the kids entertained at the party?

There are many fun activities you can plan for a birthday party! Some ideas include a DIY cupcake decorating station, a scavenger hunt, or a craft project. You can also hire a local entertainer, such as a magician or face painter, to keep the kids engaged.

Can you recommend any games to play at a birthday party?

Sure! Some popular games for a birthday party include musical chairs, pin the tail on the donkey, and a bean bag toss. You can also create a DIY photo booth with props for the kids to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • onepamperedmom68
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies