• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Idea That Needs Some Fleshing Out

In summary, the author has an idea to offer a cooking class for Mother's Day to the kids, but is unsure about whether it is too expensive or if the kids would be interested. The author also has an idea to offer a lower cost class at the end of March.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Hey Guys,
I have this idea, but I need help to think of all of the details and really pull it together to be something nice. My 12 y.o. son had 2 friends spend the night the night before my Spring kick-off. So, I put them to work prepping recipes. That got me to thinking...why not offer a clinic to the kids for Mother's Day??? Like learn how to make breakfast in bed for mom or a nice lunch/dinner for mom for Mother's Day. I would offer the clinics in April. I would probably do 2; 1 for breakfast and 1 for dinner. Or maybe a dinner and a dessert one. I don't know.

I really wanted to see if saying it outloud to someone will spark their creativity. How would I price a clinic like that? Would I include product in the price of the class? I would definitely limit the number to 10 or less. Do you think your tween or teen would be interested in a class like that? Of course, they are not expected to pay for it, it would have to be Dad.

Thoughts? Concerns?? Criticism???

I like it! And I'm thinking $10-$12 per kid?

that's a great idea!!! You could have them make a gift or give them a gift for their mom <3.
not sure about all of you but I have my own personal store in my office & would be glad to get rid of some of it!

Sounds good. I'm doing a job fair for teens and am considering offering a cooking class. I was thinking of demoing a trifle (at the cooking class - not the job fair). I'm thinking of charging $35 which includes a trifle bowl. With the April sale it would cost $35.83 (with our tax) - or should I make it $40 to cover my costs better? It's a bit pricy for teens (so again dad would have to be involved) but I'd point out the the trifle bowl retails for $39.50. I'd do this cooking class the end of March.

I'd also like to offer another class that I could submit in March with a lower cost. Haven't thought that far yet. Gotta get thinking - the job fair is the 10th.

Hi there! What a great idea you have for a Mother's Day clinic for kids! I think it's a fantastic way to get kids involved in cooking and giving back to their moms. Here are some thoughts and suggestions to help flesh out your idea:1. Determine the age range: Are you targeting just tweens or also teens? Depending on the age range, you can tailor the recipes and activities accordingly.2. Decide on the menu: As you mentioned, you could offer a breakfast and dinner option, or even a dessert option. It might be helpful to survey your potential customers (moms) and see what type of meal they would like their kids to learn how to make.3. Consider the cost: You could offer a package deal for the clinic, which would include the cost of the class and the product used in the recipes. Or, you could have a separate fee for the class and the parents can purchase the products separately. You could also offer a sibling discount if multiple kids from the same family sign up.4. Set a limit on the number of participants: As you mentioned, limiting the class to 10 or less would be a good idea to ensure that each child gets enough attention and hands-on experience.5. Plan fun activities: In addition to cooking, you could also incorporate fun activities such as decorating aprons or creating handmade cards for their moms.6. Advertise the clinic: You could promote the clinic through social media, flyers, and word of mouth. You could also partner with local schools or organizations to reach a wider audience.Overall, I think this is a great idea and I believe that kids would be interested in attending a class like this. It's a great way for them to learn new skills and create something special for their moms. I hope these suggestions help and I wish you the best of luck with your Mother's Day clinic!

1. What exactly is an "Idea That Needs Some Fleshing Out"?

Our "Idea That Needs Some Fleshing Out" category is for those who have a general concept or idea for a dish or kitchen tool, but need help expanding and perfecting it. It's a great way to get creative and collaborate with our community of chefs and food enthusiasts.

2. Can I submit multiple ideas under this category?

Yes, you can submit as many ideas as you'd like. We encourage our consultants to constantly brainstorm and come up with new and innovative ideas to share with our customers.

3. How long does it typically take for an idea to be fully fleshed out?

The time it takes for an idea to be fleshed out varies depending on the complexity of the idea and the amount of collaboration and feedback it receives. It can range from a few days to a few weeks.

4. Do I need to have a background in cooking or product development to submit an idea?

No, anyone can submit an idea under this category. Our consultants and community members have a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we welcome all ideas and perspectives.

5. What happens after my idea has been fleshed out?

Once your idea has been fully fleshed out and developed, it will be shared on our website and social media platforms for others to try and provide feedback. If the idea is popular and receives positive feedback, it may even be considered for production and distribution through Pampered Chef. You will also receive credit for your contribution to the idea.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • pamela
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates