• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Scoop Comparison: New vs Old - Our Honest Review

In summary, the conversation revolves around the new ice cream scoop that has been released by The Pampered Chef. The participants have varying opinions on the new scoop, with some liking it better due to its modern design and dishwasher-safe feature, while others prefer the old scoop for its ability to easily cut through ice cream. The conversation also mentions a recall on the old scoop and the possibility of exchanging it for the new one. Some participants express the belief that the company should not be expected to upgrade older models for free. Overall, the conversation highlights the different preferences and opinions surrounding the new ice cream scoop.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
ice cream scoop question( new one) We don;t keep ice cream in the house I bought 1 cont just to try I thought it worked fine- What is your true opinion of the new scoop vs old one

I also bought one. It is very modern looking and I think it works just fine.

I actually like it better since it can now go in the dishwasher. The thing I don't like is at every show someone says the old one is their favorite item.

Just had a show a couple weekends ago and someone specifically wanted to scoop the ice cream to put on the Lava Cake so they could try it out and they didn't like it at all. I've used both and I do like the old one better but that's just my preference. I feel it "cuts through" the ice cream easier.

I actually like it better (and I am not good with change!:) ).

so what is the home office policy if someone wants to send their old one back? I have someone asking what they will do, exchange, replace.... I really do not remember the answer since I followed the directions using the old one & feel it works great. That said, I wish the old one had the same shaped scoop as the new one or the new one had the liquid in it like the old one. It would bite into the ice cream and glide through.

Are they asking because theirs fell under the recall or are they just asking "hey, PC came out with a new one. Is the company going to upgrade me for free to the new one?" It's true, sometimes people do think the company should do something for them if they own an older model of a product. The recall info for the old ones is on Cons. Corner under Product Status Alerts. It's for dippers sold between 7/1/10 and 9/30/10.

I never had the old one but any scoop that changes the temp of the ice cream is going to make it easier so the older one is probably better. That said, I love the new one. We're ice cream eaters so we already have about 5 ice cream scoops including Tupperware's old one which is a great scoop. But I like the scalloped cutting edge on ours and, strangely enough, the shorter length. It just seems more sensible ergonomically-wise. And, of course, it's dishwasher safe.

What was the recall on the old ones?
Schel

I like that the new one can go into the dishwasher, too!
The old one feels better in my hand, though. The new one feels kinda flimsy.

I thought the new one's pointed tip would make getting the ice cream out easier, but I can't seem to get those perfect-looking scoops with the new one. Better eat more ice cream and practice:p

I think the new one works better.

Becca_in_MD said:
It's true, sometimes people do think the company should do something for them if they own an older model of a product.

no one should expect the company to do something if they have the older model of any of our products. do you get to trade in an old car when they come out with a new one? that's how things work. everything is always being upgraded - just look at computers and iphones!

What is the best way to clean an ice cream scoop?

The best way to clean an ice cream scoop is to rinse it with warm water immediately after use. If there is stubborn residue left, soak the scoop in warm soapy water for a few minutes before rinsing again.

How do I prevent my ice cream scoop from getting stuck or bent?

To prevent your ice cream scoop from getting stuck or bent, run it under warm water for a few seconds before scooping. This will help the ice cream slide off more easily and prevent any damage to the scoop.

What is the difference between a traditional ice cream scoop and a cookie dough scoop?

A traditional ice cream scoop is designed to create rounded scoops of ice cream, while a cookie dough scoop is designed to create smaller, uniformly sized portions of cookie dough. The cookie dough scoop usually has a release mechanism to easily release the dough without getting your hands messy.

Can I use an ice cream scoop for other foods besides ice cream?

Yes, an ice cream scoop can be used for other foods such as mashed potatoes, cookie dough, and even melon balls. Just make sure to clean the scoop thoroughly before and after each use.

What is the best way to store an ice cream scoop?

The best way to store an ice cream scoop is to keep it in a dry place, away from heat and moisture. You can also store it in a container or bag to prevent it from getting damaged or bent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • dannyzmom