• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Sandwich Torte: A Delicious and Easy Recipe for Dessert Lovers

I have not tried this, but I found this on CC. It looks like it would work- the Snickers ice cream sandwiches are smaller.
pckelly
Anyone have this printed up? I have searched the files and nothing.... and I found it on CC, but it just tells me what recipe books it's in and I don't have that one. :D

It is in last year's SS Season's Best. Try there.

ICE CREAM SANDWICH TORTE
[Everybody will wonder how you made this ice cream cake. Nobody will know you used ice cream sandwiches to create it!]

1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
1/2 cup milk
1 package (3.9 oz.) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
12 frozen ice cream sandwiches (3.75 oz. each), unwrapped, divided
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated or multi-colored sprinkles

1. Coarsely chop cookies using FOOD CHOPPER. In CLASSIC BATTER BOWL, combine milk and pudding mix; whisk using STAINLESS STEEL WHISK until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Fold in half of the whipped topping and cookies using CLASSIC SCRAPER; set filling aside.

2. Working quickly, arrange six of the ice cream sandwiches side by side on SIMPLE ADDITIONS LARGE SQUARE PLATTER. Spread filling evenly over sandwiches using SMALL SPREADER. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches, forming a rectangular-shaped torte; smooth sides. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte using DELUXE CHEESE GRATER. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Slice using NYLON SLICE 'N SERVE and serve.

Yield: 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 1g

Cook's Tip: If freezing overnight, remove from freezer 30-45 minutes before serving for easier slicing.

Kelly,
When I've made this, I've used the Chillzanne Rectangle Server. If I make it for a show, I freeze the insert at home. When I get to the show, I unwrap all of the ice cream sandwiches, and put them on the server, then place it in the freezer until show time. It makes things go faster, and the torte stays colder, too, when serving.
I haven't made this for awhile now. But, it is REALLY good!! It reminds me of Dairy Queen cakes!! Oh, and be sure to use a nylon knife, so you don't scratch the server!! (HWC nylon knife is perfect for this one!!)

Best wishes,
Paula

If you can find the neapolitan ice cream sandwiches (choc, vanilla, strawberry), they make it a little more impressive when you cut into it.

Thanks everyone!!!

Even better - use Snicker's icecream sandwiches!!! YUM!!!

Katie,
Have you tried this? I am a little surprised, if you have, that it would work, as I believe the Snickers are alot smaller...?

Paula

Related to Ice Cream Sandwich Torte: A Delicious and Easy Recipe for Dessert Lovers

1. Is the "Ice Cream Sandwich Torte" recipe easy to make?

Yes, the "Ice Cream Sandwich Torte" recipe is very easy to make. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be assembled quickly.

2. Can I use different flavors of ice cream in the "Ice Cream Sandwich Torte"?

Absolutely! The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any flavor of ice cream you like. It's a fun way to customize the torte to your personal taste.

3. How long does the "Ice Cream Sandwich Torte" need to freeze before serving?

We recommend freezing the torte for at least 4 hours before serving. This will ensure that the ice cream is firm and the torte holds its shape.

4. Can I make the "Ice Cream Sandwich Torte" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the torte ahead of time and store it in the freezer until you're ready to serve it. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent any freezer burn.

5. Can I use a different type of cookie for the crust?

Absolutely! While we recommend using chocolate wafer cookies for the crust, you can use any type of cookie that you prefer. Just make sure to crush them into fine crumbs before using them in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cheflydia
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg