• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What could cause an ice cream dipper to become black and pitted?

In summary, as a consultant, it's important to educate our guests about proper care and usage of our products. The ice cream dipper may become black and pitted due to exposure to high heat, scooping hard or frozen items, or washing it in the dishwasher. To prevent this, guests should avoid high heat, only use the dipper for soft items, and hand wash it with warm water and mild soap. Let's continue to educate and support our guests for their satisfaction with our products.
bethsbiz
Gold Member
I know there is an old thread on this but I had to give up looking for it: Question: What causes an ice cream dipper to get black and kind of pitted? I have a guest who says she has NOT put it in the dishwasher but it is pretty new and a real mess already. I am going to get it exchanged for her but I'm lookign for what might have caused this. Obviously I can't be positive she didn't put it in the dishwasher so I'm looking for info to help educate her (and me!) for future reference.

And, I've had all three of my dippers in the dishwasher (by family members) on a semi regular basis. Yes, it reduces the heat/action of the non toxic liquid but none of mine have displayed any real discoloring and absolutely NO pitting.

So...ideas, knowledge????

Leaving it soaking in water will do it. Mine has a little black oval in the middle of the scoop from sitting on the counter after being washed. If you really want it to stay shiny, dry it completely after washing. And wash it immediately after using.

I was going to say the same as Ann! Letting it soak in water makes it happen.

After I use mine, I give it a quick rinse, wipe it off and hang it out to dry and put away later :)

HTH!

I noticed that when I 1st got mine a few years ago that it got black marks on it after laying in the stainless steel sink before cleaning. I know rinse it off after use and put it on the side of the sink if I don't have time to clean it right then and there.

Thank you for bringing up this concern about the ice cream dipper. As a consultant, it's important for us to educate our guests about proper care and usage of our products.There could be a few reasons why the dipper has become black and pitted. First, it's possible that the dipper was exposed to high heat, such as being left in a hot car or near a heat source. This could cause the plastic to melt and discolor. Another possibility is that the dipper was used to scoop hard or frozen items, which can cause wear and tear on the plastic. Lastly, as you mentioned, washing it in the dishwasher could have also contributed to the damage.To prevent this from happening in the future, it's important to remind our guests to avoid exposing the dipper to high heat and to only use it for its intended purpose of scooping soft items. It's also best to hand wash the dipper with warm water and mild soap to prolong its lifespan.I hope this helps in educating your guest and thank you for taking the initiative to exchange the dipper for her. Let's continue to educate and support our guests to ensure their satisfaction with our products.Happy cooking!Best,

What is the purpose of the Ice Cream Dipper?

The Ice Cream Dipper is a kitchen tool designed specifically for scooping and serving ice cream. It allows for easy and precise scooping, making it perfect for creating perfectly portioned ice cream servings.

How does the Ice Cream Dipper work?

The Ice Cream Dipper has a heat-conductive liquid inside the handle that transfers warmth to the scoop, making it easier to scoop through frozen ice cream. The liquid also helps prevent the ice cream from sticking to the scoop.

What makes the Ice Cream Dipper different from a regular ice cream scoop?

The Ice Cream Dipper has a unique design and features that make it stand out from a regular ice cream scoop. It has a pointed tip for easy scooping, a heat-conductive liquid for easier scooping, and a squeeze-release mechanism for releasing the scooped ice cream.

How do I clean and care for my Ice Cream Dipper?

The Ice Cream Dipper is dishwasher safe, but for best results, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils on the scoop to prevent damaging the surface.

Can the Ice Cream Dipper be used for anything other than scooping ice cream?

While the Ice Cream Dipper is primarily designed for scooping ice cream, it can also be used for other tasks such as scooping cookie dough, melon balls, or even mashed potatoes. However, it is not recommended to use it for hot or hard foods as it may damage the scoop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • myinnerchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies