1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ice Bucket

1. taterbug

taterbug Member

I received my ice bucket this weekend and noticed that it has some kind of marks around the bottom portion of it; not scratches, but they almost look like scuff marks or something. They are sort of located around the dots area. Has anyone else noticed this on their ice bucket?

Aug 10, 2009
  2. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

not on mine used it last night and boy is the lid a pain in the hiney to put back on,

Aug 11, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Just an FYI on why there is no scoop with the Ice Bucket.

My AD was telling us last night at our meeting that she had asked someone in the Product Room at conference why there wasn't a scoop, and was told that initially, there was one, but that the quality was poor, and so instead of holding back on the bucket itself, the scoop alone was sent back to the drawing board. It sounds like there will be one, possibly next season?

Aug 11, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Becky that is good to know. That must have been a hard decision to make, since all ice buckets come with tongs/scoops.

I didn't earn the ice bucket, and decided against ordering it on samples. Hopefully it will get a scoop next season.

5. taterbug

taterbug Member

Yes it is.

Aug 11, 2009
  6. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

Just an FYI... the ice bucket works awesome.
    We used it this weekend- the ice did not melt too much in 6 hours of use...and there was no condensation on the outside. I have 2 guests that were at my home wanting one :)

Aug 11, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I just got mine yesterday. Mine looks beautiful and the lid is just fine. I don't have any trouble getting it off or on. It fits great!

Aug 13, 2009
  8. Kathy's_Kitchen

Kathy's_Kitchen Advanced Member Gold Member

At my meeting on Monday, someone suggested using one of the new measuring cups as a scoop. It matches perfectly!

9. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Oh that's a good idea! I haven't used those yet... every time I want to measure something I reach for my old stand bys, the easy read... they are so versatile... Anyway, can't wait to try my ice bucket out, looks awesome, and so far my lid goes on and off easy, wondering it it's after it's full of ice when the issue arises, because otherwise, I don't see a problem...

Aug 13, 2009
  10. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

I didn't want to start a new thread on this product, but wanted to know:

Do any of you plan on taking this to shows? I'm torn on this, b/c I think people may buy it if they see it in person, but I don't know if I really want to lug it around. Any thoughts?? TIA!!!

Aug 24, 2009
  11. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I might take it to use for my drawing, instead of the bamboo bowl I've been taking.

Aug 24, 2009
  12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

That would be a great use.

Aug 24, 2009
  13. I'm planning on taking the bucket (and my shaker) to a kids' ice cream party next week. I figure the moms can make themselves iced coffees while the kids are busy making their own sundaes! I tried an iced coffee with it for myself this morning - works great!

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted